Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-11-2018, 03:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Point and shoot cameras?

I need some help choosing a basic point and shoot camera for my daughter. I'd like to get her one for her birthday later this month but I'm overwhelmed with reading all the reviews so I figured I'd ask for personal opinions/experiences!

We're taking another Disney trip in May and I'd like her to be able to take her own photos this time. It doesn't have to be an amazing camera but it'd be nice if I could scrap some of those photos too! :P

I'm looking to spend around $100 but I can be a little flexible on that. It doesn't have to be waterproof or really kid proof. She's very responsible and will take care of it well.

Any suggestions?! Thanks for your help!

Ps. I don't want one of those Instax/Polaroid cameras. While I think they're adorable and she'd love them I'd go bankrupt buying her flim cartridges!
Old 02-11-2018, 04:04 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Sony W830 Compact Camera with 8x Optical Zoom - you won't go wrong. (about 119$ on official site) - it's Zeiss® Vario-Tessar® Lens.

Last edited by Swan82; 02-11-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I bought my son his own point and shoot camera when he was 6. It was only like $50, but the pics were still a great size for scrapping. I honestly don't think you can go wrong if you're not expecting amazing pics! Just find one in a color and price you like and go with it

Old 02-11-2018, 08:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i have a little canon powershot (http://amzn.to/2nToi1p) that works great. i bought it when i had to take a photography class. it's also small enough for kid hands (:

Old 02-11-2018, 11:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for the suggestions ladies! I will definitely look at these!
Old 02-12-2018, 07:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to use Olympus Stylus. I probably had three of them and loved them, but I'm not sure they have the little ones any more. Now, I just use my phone.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I always had Canon P&S cameras and really liked them. The only complaint I had was when the lighting wasn't great (Like Pirates of the Caribbean). Other than that, I loved my little cameras!
Old 02-14-2018, 01:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I went with the one Olesya recommended and was able to get it even a little cheaper from my favorite techy- site B&H Photo. It's already on its way and I hope to be able to play around with it a little before my daughter's birthday.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
I went with the one Olesya recommended and was able to get it even a little cheaper from my favorite techy- site B&H Photo. It's already on its way and I hope to be able to play around with it a little before my daughter's birthday.
That's awesome! She's going to love having her own camera!!
Old 02-14-2018, 02:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
That's awesome! She's going to love having her own camera!!
She's such a quirky kid and doesn't play with any toys, loves a stuffed animal for .02 seconds, can only wear so many pieces of jewelry esp since we're a uniform school, has more books than she can keep up with, etc etc.... I bought this hoping she would actually get some use out of it?! If not, I'll use it! LOL! My cell phone is getting close to 2 years old so I think it's about time to die right? (Or so it seems that way!) and I hate lugging my DSLR around so I'll claim it if she won't. HAHA
Old 02-14-2018, 04:09 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm very happy for you two and exited!

Quote:
She's such a quirky kid and doesn't play with any toys, loves a stuffed animal for .02 seconds, can only wear so many pieces of jewelry esp since we're a uniform school, has more books than she can keep up with, etc etc.... I bought this hoping she would actually get some use out of it?! If not, I'll use it! LOL! My cell phone is getting close to 2 years old so I think it's about time to die right? (Or so it seems that way!) and I hate lugging my DSLR around so I'll claim it if she won't. HAHA
I have exact same feeling about using heavy DSLR cameras, I owned more then 10 in total, going from all brands and models, even I had really huge one MarkII, but after it was stolen in Spain I decided no more 2kg cameras! So I did huge research and bought Sony (A7II) and absolutely love it, yet using my Iphone7+ 50-60% of the time and actually thinking to get one more the same one I recommended to use instead of Iphone))
Old 02-14-2018, 06:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
glad you figured something out! I was going to recommend a Nikon Coolpix. It's what both of my girls had and we bought the waterproof ones for my husband and I. We are a Nikon family!