Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default PSE 5 Help, Please!!!

I am so frustrated and need some help. I have been using PSE3 for sometime and love it. I recently purchased PSE5 for all the new goodies (especially the Extraction Tool). Last night I removed PSE3 and installed PSE5. Well, here's my problem. With PSE3 I go to File>Browse Folders. From there I drag photos, papers, embellies, etc. to my work area. The Browse Folders seems to be missing from PSE5 (or I cannot find it). In order to open my files for scrappingbooking the only thing I can figure out is to Open my files one by one and then assemble my page. This is really quite laborious and doesn't allow me to browse through looking for the perfect embellies. Adobe Help was no help at all! I finally gave up and removed PSE5 and reinstalled PSE3 but my problems weren't over. PSE5 had converted my photo organizer to the upgraded version and now it's no longer available in PSE3. Of course, I can still find everything through Browse Folders. If anyone can help I will appreciate it.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry for all the frustrations when I know all you want to do is scrap! I've never had Elements so can't really help you. Wonder if you could try to have an Explorer Window open (right-click on the Start button and click "Explore") to your kit folder, hit "View" ==> "Thumbnails". then where there's something you want in PSE, click on the image in Explorer and drag it into your PSE?

Truth be told...after having my picture chosen, I usually have 2 Explorer Windows opened at the same time...one w/my main kit I'm working with and the other to browse for other stuff.

==> Click HERE if you dare <==
Old 05-14-2007, 05:10 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I do exactly what Karen has said. I've never used PSE 3 or 5... but have used PSE 4 for over a year. I had lots of problems with PSE Browser freezing and causing trouble. Simply using Windows as my way to select my elements has been much better for me.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Thanks ladies. That worked fine and I am now using PSE5. Now to figure out the extraction tool.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom74 View Post
I'm sorry for all the frustrations when I know all you want to do is scrap! I've never had Elements so can't really help you. Wonder if you could try to have an Explorer Window open (right-click on the Start button and click "Explore") to your kit folder, hit "View" ==> "Thumbnails". then where there's something you want in PSE, click on the image in Explorer and drag it into your PSE?

Truth be told...after having my picture chosen, I usually have 2 Explorer Windows opened at the same time...one w/my main kit I'm working with and the other to browse for other stuff.
WOW...thanks Karen! I never knew you could do this...you have just made my life much easier!