Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-06-2018, 12:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Project Life 2018 Check In- 1/6

Hey PL Scrappers!
I thought it would be fun (and keep some of us on track) if I popped in every so often and we discussed our progress, hurdles, page shares, etc.

How is PL 2018 looking?
Or are you like me and working on your PL 2017?

Feel free to comment with anything PL related!!
Old 01-06-2018, 12:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have the first 2 weeks of 2017 almost done. I have added my journaling, journal/filler cards and a few simple embellishments. All I need is my photos. I plan to "chunk" my PL scrap time and work on a couple of weeks at a time like this.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm pretty much finished with 2017, except for a few pages I need to re-make after my EHD failure. I've begun 2018, but as always, these first weeks of January are sparse as far as photos go! I have a bit of photo-fatigue after all the snapping of holidays and family visits, so I'm not grabbing my camera very often right now. I have a ton of other pages to finish up for my 2017 album, though. I use my PL pages sort of like title pages, then put my more specific, "fun" pages after them. So week one will have my PL pages, then whatever other pages from that week, then PL 2, etc.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
I use my PL pages sort of like title pages, then put my more specific, "fun" pages after them. So week one will have my PL pages, then whatever other pages from that week, then PL 2, etc.
I like this idea!!
I keep my two albums separate. I am nowhere near completing any year of regular layouts! lol
Old 01-07-2018, 05:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’m using today to get the journaling on my last 10 pages or so of 2017. They’re done as far as pictures, papers and embellishment, just lacking the journaling.
I need to make the first page, the year in review and “what happened this year” done, but I will get this done by next weekend. Then I can start 2018! I am journaling in a separate paper planner so I have all my journaling up to date for 2017 and soon 2018.

Also trying to decide on cover colours for 2018 book. I’ve narrowed it down to a few options, but won’t let myself get into it until I’ve finished 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2018, 11:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineF View Post
I’m using today to get the journaling on my last 10 pages or so of 2017. They’re done as far as pictures, papers and embellishment, just lacking the journaling.
I need to make the first page, the year in review and “what happened this year” done, but I will get this done by next weekend. Then I can start 2018!
How exciting!
Old 01-07-2018, 11:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How smart to journal separately so you have it when you are finally making your pages! Sometimes the thing that slows me down is having to remember all the details and figuring out what to say!
Old 01-07-2018, 01:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
How smart to journal separately so you have it when you are finally making your pages! Sometimes the thing that slows me down is having to remember all the details and figuring out what to say!

My brain is a mess since having kids and I can barely remember what I had for dinner yesterday. I need to write it down or my books would be pictures only

Old 01-07-2018, 01:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's what I do as well... I have a seperate planner to write down what happened.

I also do this with my travel photos. I write a trip report.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I email myself daily and save them in a Folder (ie PL 2017).
Old 01-07-2018, 04:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I lost my EHD about a week ago. I had CrashPlan but it hadn't backed things up for 29 days (transition from their "home" to "small business" didn't go well apparently). So I've been devastated and crabby for several days.

I'd like to finish up 2017 and get it printed and start 2018 but I'm paralyzed.

Instead I'm researching where I should print my 2017 PL album. I usually print at Paper Kiwi 12x12 but it looks like they switched to 11x11 so I'm trying to decide what to do.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm234 View Post
I lost my EHD about a week ago. I had CrashPlan but it hadn't backed things up for 29 days (transition from their "home" to "small business" didn't go well apparently). So I've been devastated and crabby for several days.
I'd be crabby too. I am sorry
Old 01-07-2018, 10:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I haven't started my PL 2018 yet but I already checked the photos I'm going to use. I'm still finishing up my 2017 PL particularly the Disneyworld pages I'm going to insert on my week 26. I know it's so far but I just want to make sure that there's no 'excess' page. I wanted all my weeks to start on the left side so I make sure all the pages are even.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I tried to do a 'streamlined' PL in 2017 and hated it every step of the way. I finished about half of the year and hated it so much that I deleted every single page and called it a wash.

I am going to go back to the way I did PL a few years ago & loved but haven't started 2018 yet. I am trying to decide if I want to do regular weekly or monthly cards/ideas (what we had for dinner, current faves, etc.) before I get going.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had all my pages done (or so I thought) yesterday after ignoring my kids all day. Then when i uploaded them to the book program, I realised there are 4 weeks I've just forgotten to scrap. They were week that have been extra depressing so I've obviosly been ignoring them and just thought they were done. So now I have to go back and fix that. But out of those 4, I managed to find kits for 3 and start popping in pictures. So halfway there. I will catch up on journaling for week 1 of 2018 today, then this evening I will try to finish the 2017 missing pages. So irritating!
Old 01-08-2018, 11:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I had all my pages done (or so I thought) yesterday after ignoring my kids all day. Then when i uploaded them to the book program, I realised there are 4 weeks I've just forgotten to scrap. They were week that have been extra depressing so I've obviosly been ignoring them and just thought they were done. So now I have to go back and fix that. But out of those 4, I managed to find kits for 3 and start popping in pictures. So halfway there. I will catch up on journaling for week 1 of 2018 today, then this evening I will try to finish the 2017 missing pages. So irritating!
Oh that stinks! But you are so close!

I was able to start working on 2 more weeks for 2017 last night. Just need to pop photos in and I will have 4 weeks done!
Old 01-08-2018, 11:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have been doing PL for like 10 years... I still have finished 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016... seeing a trend? haha. But it's like a drug - be doing it again this year... I work on it when I can. *sigh* I get bored easily with the same "design" day after day/year after year.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:28 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I finished 2017... yay.
For 2018, I'd like to go back to 12x12, and prepared accordingly, but I can't decide if I'm going for a white background this time or stick with the woodsy papers... it looked kind of nice, but since I put a whole lot of stuff on my layouts, having a colorful background makes everything a little- nervous.
So maybe I'm gonna have a simple white background this year.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
I have been doing PL for like 10 years... I still have finished 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016... seeing a trend? haha. But it's like a drug - be doing it again this year... I work on it when I can. *sigh* I get bored easily with the same "design" day after day/year after year.
I get bored too. I do 3-4 weeks and then work on something else.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixenkind View Post
I finished 2017... yay.
For 2018, I'd like to go back to 12x12, and prepared accordingly, but I can't decide if I'm going for a white background this time or stick with the woodsy papers... it looked kind of nice, but since I put a whole lot of stuff on my layouts, having a colorful background makes everything a little- nervous.
So maybe I'm gonna have a simple white background this year.
Hooray for completing 2017!
I am going for a much simpler page in 2018 and have been using white/light bg paper. I don't know if that will change as the weeks get done.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My last PL album was 2015 I think so I am starting again this year. I do not like to call is Project Life though because there is a sort of "look" to that and I feel like I am too far out of the box. Ya know? I do project 365 so I take a pic a day and post it in a private Instagram and write what I want there and I do it everynight. Then when I do my layout, it is like Project 52 style cause its a one week layout with journaling for every day. So I don't know... is that PL? I feel like it is lol. I did, however, get my first week's layout done last night and one for my son as he is doing the p365 challenge with me this year.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:36 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I also print my PL layouts and digital layouts in the same book. I do a month of PL layouts, then the corresponding month of digital layouts. I'm still working on 2017 right now, and I'm planning to print the year in 3 photobooks. I've gotten through July in PL pages but am even farther behind in digital pages. My goal right now is to finish the last 5 or so digital pages for my January to April book and get it printed. After that I'll go back to working on a mix of PL and non-PL until I have May to August ready to print. I'm hoping to start my 2018 PL by March and have all of 2017 printed by June.

One of my biggest PL hold ups is spending time to sort and organize photos, so I'm trying to be more intentional about what I photograph and focus on getting one photo that's good enough (in most circumstances) instead of trying for the perfect photo. That resolve will go out the window when something photo-worthy happens, but I'm hoping it will help cut down on photo overwhelm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
I do not like to call is Project Life though because there is a sort of "look" to that and I feel like I am too far out of the box. Ya know? I do project 365 so I take a pic a day and post it in a private Instagram and write what I want there and I do it everynight. Then when I do my layout, it is like Project 52 style cause its a one week layout with journaling for every day. So I don't know... is that PL? I feel like it is lol.
I think Project Life is whatever you say it is! People use it to mean all different things. But if you're scrapping 7 weekly photos with journaling, that sounds like PL to me.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am DONE!!! All that's left is to wait for a sale and then I can order my book.
Now to figure out what style to do in 2018.
Do I want square corners or round like the last 3 years?
Do I want easy and clean or clusters and matching kits like the last 3 years? Every year I say I'm doing it simple and not matching, but I end up doing it anyways.

What is everyone doing? Same as previous years or changing it up?
Old 01-28-2018, 10:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I am DONE!!! All that's left is to wait for a sale and then I can order my book.
Now to figure out what style to do in 2018.
Do I want square corners or round like the last 3 years?
Do I want easy and clean or clusters and matching kits like the last 3 years? Every year I say I'm doing it simple and not matching, but I end up doing it anyways.

WTG! You must feel awesome!

To catch up 2017, I am doing simple, simple.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
WTG! You must feel awesome!

To catch up 2017, I am doing simple, simple.

It’s a big weight of my shoulders for sure. Can’t wait to get them in the mail and look through an actual book. Now I can start PL 2018

Old 01-28-2018, 10:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If anyone wants to have a look at my album.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
I do project 365 so I take a pic a day and post it in a private Instagram and write what I want there and I do it everynight. Then when I do my layout, it is like Project 52 style cause its a one week layout with journaling for every day. So I don't know... is that PL? I feel like it is lol.
The way I understand it, this is exactly how Project Life started out! The original (Design A) page protectors have space for a weekly title card, seven 4x6 photos (one for each day) and corresponding journal cards.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did traditional project life with physical divided page protectors from 2012-2017. The albums are divided into months and have divided page protectors, printed digital layouts, and memorabilia in each month. Unfortunately, there are a lot of gaps in these albums.

My plan for 2018 is to go extremely simple - I'm going to make PL pages using the PL app and mix in some digital layouts. My hope by the end of 2018 is to have my 2018 album just about complete and have the pocket pages done for 2016 and 2017.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I am DONE!!!

First, congratulations! Having a year 100% done is a huge scrapping accomplishment. Enjoy your book(s).

I'm still thinking about 2018. I've already simplified a lot--my usual process now is to start the pages in the PL App then pull them into PS for embellishment. I've toyed with the idea of not embellishing, but my pages just look too plain and simple when I don't. So I'll probably do everything the same as 2017 and 2018: rounded corners, black and white date cards I make every year, Traci's stitched grids (retired, I think), and embellishments from all the SSD designers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk