Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Favorite book/album printers

Ok so I'm a bit crazy but I want to reprint all my scrapbooks that I have printed as books instead of single pages. I'm just tired of moving/storing/shelving so many big books. But here is the thing...I'm also pretty picky about colors and quality now that I've been a professional photographer for the last 3.5 years. So I don't want to do anything too cheap/crappy.

But I also don't want to break the bank.

And I want to want to scrap again, so I figured this might help.

Where do you print your book albums through? How much in general does it cost for a 70+ page book? Or if you break it up smaller how much and how many pages?

I've done Shutterfly before...they are OK...I've done Artscow...they are crap....I'm looking at AdoramaPix right now but the price is killing me....have to wait for a sale.

thoughts?
Old 04-08-2015, 06:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, that's a big undertaking! I only do vacation albums as photobooks, so mine have all been small (20-ish pages). I like Shutterfly and love Adorama. Unfortunately they don't have sales too often. I want to say it's only a couple times a year, but maybe someone who prints with them more often will chime in.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

The Blurb books are really nice. If my memory serves me right, a 12x12 100 page scrapbook was just over $100, so it works out to be an OK price per page for the level of quality. If you register on their website they will occasionally have coupons.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I highly recommend Adoramapix as long as you can deal with the price. I have printed with them so that when I look at my pictures in a book, they are photo quality. Their books are amazing. That said, I can't always afford their prices, so I also print with Shutterfly on their newer lay flat premium pages. Have you tried those? I feel like they are better than the regular pages, but still not up to the standard of Adoramapix. But that's been my happy place for price versus quality the last couple of years.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Adoramapix often has groupon deals. Here's one going on:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/adoramapix-6

And if you get friends to buy more you get some money back. I got 5 books for $8 each a while ago.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Presto photo books. I'm not at home to tell you my exact settings. I've printed 40 photo books in 9 years of digital scrapbooking.

I switched to them in 2009 (they use to be called viovio). I've done over 20 with them & have been happy.

You can get a quote instantly on their home page. I think I paid about $85 for a 140 page 8.5x8.5 album I printed last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2015, 11:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just printed with AdoramaPix, and I super love my book! If you do 8x8 books instead of 12x12 they will be affordable, plus that size is more manageable to me.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've used Shutterfly back in the day when they were pretty much the only shop anyone talked about. More recently I've also used Blurb and Mixbook. I love both and they're affordable.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't do photobooks, but I know Marla does and hers are stunning. I think she has posted about it before.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks guys! Since I already have them printed, I may wait for Adriana to have a sale. I am curious about blurb, I just never considered them as most people who've recommended have done only books through their Light room which I don't use. And I've never heard of Presto, but I do remember folks liking Vivio. Wow so many options!

Shutter fly is having a sale right now, maybe I will try a lay flat book. My first Scappoose pages aren't great anyway, so the "loss" if I don't like it won't be too bad.

Thank you all...oh how I missed this community. Someone poke me via pm if I dissappear too long!

Hugs!
Old 04-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Blurb. And they are about the cost of Shutterfly and so much better quality. I typically upgrade the paper and always thing it's worth it. They are actually having a 35% off sale this weekend. I'm sad that I have nothing to print right now.

The code is APRILFLASH35 and I think it's good through Monday.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Marla...now if I could only upload fast! I should try blurb. I wish there was a like button here!!