Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Default wedding album

would you put names on the photos so in years to come the kids and grandkids know who is in the photos? Not for the bride and groom but friends of the family etc

When my nan recently had her 90th birthday there was lots of passing around of photos and we didn't know who most of the people were in photos of her when she was younger. it was good when some were labelled but i don't know what to write without it looking silly
Old 11-04-2016, 12:01 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would put tiny text below each photo. In years to come I'm sure that will be appreciated by those looking through the album.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

yeah for something big like that I would do it and did do it for my wedding album that I created years ago. I was inspired by my MIL showing me photos going, "I don't know who this is...." and I didn't want to do that years from now. So I included who they were and more than likely include names in all of my journaling--just in case I'm not here to tell the story any longer.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:22 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
yeah for something big like that I would do it and did do it for my wedding album that I created years ago. I was inspired by my MIL showing me photos going, "I don't know who this is...." and I didn't want to do that years from now. So I included who they were and more than likely include names in all of my journaling--just in case I'm not here to tell the story any longer.

Thats my worry - the kids know some of the people in the photos like grandma etc but we invited extended family to our wedding and some of them the kids have never met, and i'm sure when i'm getting a bit old i will have better things to try to remember than the name of aunty val's stepson's wife.....
Old 11-04-2016, 12:31 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

If you didn't want to include it in the design of the album (like a caption or something), could you add an index at the back? Then if people don't know who someone is there's an easy way to find out.