Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2023, 07:50 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm
Default Anyone else...?

I lost Mr. Mojo these past few days. I have been opening photoshop and the kits to scrap with, but I keep coming up blank and have to pass it up. It makes me feel so lost. Ugh...

Is there anyone else that is on the same boat as me?
Old 09-14-2023, 08:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I didn't lose my mojo per say....but my creative brain isn't on scrapping right now. I've been writing a lot more lately.

I usually just wait a few days and then the scrapping mojo comes back. lol

Old 09-14-2023, 09:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have been dealing with this off and on for the past few months, ugh! Some weeks are better than others; other times, I have to think really hard to make kits work with my photos, I don't always like what I come up with, and sometimes I can't scrap at all. Taking a break usually helps, but sometimes I have to make a few ugly pages to break the spell!

Old 09-14-2023, 09:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah I feel unmotivated for EVERYTHING!!
Old 09-14-2023, 09:33 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I’ve been struggling with mojo for a while! I’m getting caught up on project life (2022) and I find myself wishing that I had used different templates (ones with fewer spots for papers/embellishments/decision-making!!) Journaling & photos are already in place, but it is taking me forever to choose kits & finish the pages.
I really want to make some non-PL pages, but just feel overwhelmed and blah when it comes to choosing pictures, templates, kits.
Old 09-14-2023, 09:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hear ya...back to school and all that goes with that has kept me busy and by the time things slow down in the evenings I am ready to crash. Oh and we have been painting inside our house the last 3 weekends...hopefully this weekend is the last for a bit b4 we tackle bedrooms/bathroom and laundry. My house is a wreck right now!
Old 09-14-2023, 10:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hope your mojo comes back.
I love looking through your LOs on facebook- such inspiration there! Maybe spend some time doing that
Old 09-14-2023, 10:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I feel that way whenever a month (or two lol) long event ends ... a couple times a year I do a 'layout a day' sketch challenge group on Facebook (and spam them with my digi pages lol) and I have that same thing happen after that too. It's like I scrap my heart out for the period and then after I feel like I have no direction or where to start.

I need to dive into this month's This or That, hopefully that will get me scrapping again!

Old 09-14-2023, 10:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I can't say I've lost my mojo, but I'm running out of recent photos to scrap! I usually scrap pics of our grandkids, but they are growing up and so are on the go so much that we don't see them as often as we used to. I might have to re-scrap some pictures or really dig deep to find something else to scrap more often.
Old 09-14-2023, 11:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm in the same boat. Maybe it's the change of season? IDK...but it's annoying! lol
Old 09-14-2023, 01:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My favorite time to scrap is right after I've designed a kit. I want to try it out and see how hard or easy it is to use. I have a release coming tomorrow that even though it was done last Sunday night, I've kept adding to it all week as I figured out what more would make it easier to scrap - of course when I design I go way far in my thought process as to what to put in a kit when means my kits are ridiculously packed by the time they hit the store. LOL. Partly I blame my creative team and the wonderful ideas they suggest.
Old 09-14-2023, 04:35 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My husband has a new work schedule, so he now wakes up at 5 am instead of 6 am, so, of course, I'm waking up then, too, and most days cannot get back to sleep. By the time I get home from work, cook, and eat dinner, I'm often too sleepy to scrap. Maybe I'll get some time this weekend. I bought some kits yesterday from the Oldies But Goodies sale, and I'd love to be able to use at least one of them.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

For me, the lack of mojo is more like a yacht I live on. I will get started on a layout, but it just feels like so many decisions to finish it, so I quit. I’m not ready to give up scrapping yet, but I wish I could find something that a works for me at this stage in my life.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:39 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I think a lot of us are feeling this lately.
Old 09-14-2023, 08:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am for sure, I overdid it early this year doing my 2023 Disney album and Keira's graduation projects. I absolutely burnt myself out. I'm running about a year behind, I know this isn't something everyone worries about, but I really enjoy and feel more satisfied when I'm all caught up. Hopefully now that it's football season we'll play less board games and I can scrap while hubby is watching the games.
Old 09-14-2023, 08:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Sorry ladies, I think I borrowed some of your mojo... I hadn't scrapped since like June (which was only 2 pages) but I just made 31 pages in like 2 1/2 weeks - which is insane for me! I had to stop myself so I could get started on my DSD kit before I go out of town, there are just too many things I want to play with in the store! I'll try to send some mojo back now...
Old 09-14-2023, 09:19 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Yeah I feel unmotivated for EVERYTHING!!
OMGosh! This sums me up right now!
Old 09-14-2023, 09:22 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica zane View Post
Sorry ladies, I think I borrowed some of your mojo... I hadn't scrapped since like June (which was only 2 pages) but I just made 31 pages in like 2 1/2 weeks - which is insane for me! I had to stop myself so I could get started on my DSD kit before I go out of town, there are just too many things I want to play with in the store! I'll try to send some mojo back now...
If that's where my mojo went to, I don't mind! I love seeing you scrap, Erica! Your pages are gorgeous!
Old 09-14-2023, 09:25 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziej View Post
My husband has a new work schedule, so he now wakes up at 5 am instead of 6 am, so, of course, I'm waking up then, too, and most days cannot get back to sleep. By the time I get home from work, cook, and eat dinner, I'm often too sleepy to scrap. Maybe I'll get some time this weekend. I bought some kits yesterday from the Oldies But Goodies sale, and I'd love to be able to use at least one of them.
Now that I think about it, it could be the fact that my hubby and son went back to school that is draining me out. It's been a wonderful summer of not having to wake up at 6am, so these past 2 weeks have been so tiring. Not to mention, my son is home today and down with a cold - after 2 weeks of school.
Old 09-14-2023, 10:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yep, me too. I'm so tired for a million reasons and as the weekend gets closer I think, I feel like/want to scrap this weekend... weekend arrives, I go sit at the computer... and that's it, I just sit there for a few minutes before I think, no, I don't feel like scrapping at all.
Old 09-14-2023, 11:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by erica zane View Post
31 pages in 2.5 weeks - holy smokes!!! You're on fire!

Old 09-15-2023, 10:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think there definitely is a bit of a lull after coming off the summer scrapathon. I'm trying to shop my stash and look at what I haven't used yet and get some motivation from there.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:42 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I am glad I am not the only one. I think it might be the shift from Summer to back to school and all the activities that come with that. I also keep opening my photoshop up and then walking away.

I think when all the Autumn/Halloween designs start trickling in I will get my mojo back. They are my favorite and I am excited for them!!

I create for: Laura Wilkerson, Meagan's Creations & WendyP Designs ** Check out my Blog! **
Old 09-15-2023, 11:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I hear ya...back to school and all that goes with that has kept me busy and by the time things slow down in the evenings I am ready to crash.
so this. I think I have only done one page this week. I also need to get out with my camera.
Old 09-15-2023, 12:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
I think there definitely is a bit of a lull after coming off the summer scrapathon. I'm trying to shop my stash and look at what I haven't used yet and get some motivation from there.
I play 'Russian Roulette' with my stash when I am really blocked! I have them sorted by theme, and I'll pick a theme, see how many folders are in it and pick a random number in between (so if there's 30 'fall' kits in the folder I'll randomly pick 14 or something).

And then I either have to scrap with it or delete it. I can always find something to scrap for my CT's, so I figure I bought the kit at one time with thoughts of what I could scrap, so I must be able to use it. And if it's really not speaking to me, well, I don't need it. (Hence the Russian Roulette part of it lol).

Old 09-15-2023, 11:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I play 'Russian Roulette' with my stash when I am really blocked!
What a great idea! I really need to do something like this because I have a whole bunch of really old kits that I've always "planned" to use but never got around to.
Old 09-16-2023, 12:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
What a great idea! I really need to do something like this because I have a whole bunch of really old kits that I've always "planned" to use but never got around to.
I have way too many kits I've bought and never used. I'm really good at using CT kits, but the ones I buy, not so much lol This has helped!

Old 09-16-2023, 08:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Now that I think about it, it could be the fact that my hubby and son went back to school that is draining me out. It's been a wonderful summer of not having to wake up at 6am, so these past 2 weeks have been so tiring. Not to mention, my son is home today and down with a cold - after 2 weeks of school.
Sherly, the same here's! N is at home too for 2 days with ear infection and laryngitis after only 2 weeks of school too (O go through better but had the same and now it's me)!
And totally second the morning time, Summer was so good with not having to wake up this early... I hate running the morning even if we wake up early enough to not have to run, the school mornings looks like marathon...
Hope your son will feel better soon!
Old 09-16-2023, 08:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I play 'Russian Roulette' with my stash when I am really blocked! I have them sorted by theme, and I'll pick a theme, see how many folders are in it and pick a random number in between (so if there's 30 'fall' kits in the folder I'll randomly pick 14 or something).

And then I either have to scrap with it or delete it. I can always find something to scrap for my CT's, so I figure I bought the kit at one time with thoughts of what I could scrap, so I must be able to use it. And if it's really not speaking to me, well, I don't need it. (Hence the Russian Roulette part of it lol).
Hey Trina, that's clearly a good idea! I have so much stuff in my files that I'm pretty sure I'm going to use lol! What annoy me is the part of deleting the files! Imagine we need it later with another occasion or something!
Ok I'm not good at throwing files on my computer as I already throw lot of things that are not use at home (or recycle if it can be of course), should medite on this!
Old 09-16-2023, 08:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Yep, me too. I'm so tired for a million reasons and as the weekend gets closer I think, I feel like/want to scrap this weekend... weekend arrives, I go sit at the computer... and that's it, I just sit there for a few minutes before I think, no, I don't feel like scrapping at all.
You make me laugh! I would add I just sit before and then starts to read or scroll something and then I don't feel like scrapping at all. Lol!
Do you have this too?
Old 09-16-2023, 09:11 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I haven't really lost my mojo but have been busy with medical appointments and another huge project I'm working on with my cousin for our church. About 10 days ago I finished one part that sort of had a deadline so this week I decided to take a week off. So I did some scrapping.

I have 2 projects that are photography related (taking at least one photo every day, and taking at least 5 photos on the 5th of every month). I caught up on those layouts.

As for unused kits, awhile back I put all my previews in Bridge and tagged them with general topical tags. I also set up a color coding for the kits and templates that have been used. Now when I scrap I look there to see what kits (or templates) haven't been used for the tagging that fits my layout. I've been able to use a lot of kits (and templates) in my stash this way! Just yesterday on a couple of my "5 on 5" layouts, I used kits from over 10 years ago that I had never used from a designer that retired a long time ago (but I still love her stuff).
Old 09-16-2023, 10:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
Hey Trina, that's clearly a good idea! I have so much stuff in my files that I'm pretty sure I'm going to use lol! What annoy me is the part of deleting the files! Imagine we need it later with another occasion or something!
Ok I'm not good at throwing files on my computer as I already throw lot of things that are not use at home (or recycle if it can be of course), should medite on this!
Haha - yes, it?s extreme. But if I treat it like I HAVE to scrap with it, then I do! Or I realize it?s really not my style anymore so I?m good with getting rid of it.

Old 09-16-2023, 01:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going through a slump right now where my mojo isn't all there. You've no idea how many pages I've started and then deleted a quarter of the way through because I just wasn't liking what I was seeing. Some I save and come back to but others it's like, blah...I hate it. I know that my mojo will come back, I just have to be patient but it sure is annoying and frustrating. It's the middle of September and I've only scrapped one page for the challenges. That is soooo not like me!

Old 09-17-2023, 12:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think I'm going through the same back to school slump. In July and early August I scrapped a ton and finished an album that I'd been working on for more than a year. (They usually take me 6-8 months, but life has just been way too busy lately.) Then I spent a week or two sorting photos so I'd be ready to start my next album. I was excited about all the new photos, then school started. It's not so much my kids being in school, it's my graduate program and working part time in the schools. Even though this summer was a lot busier than most for me, it didn't sap my mental energy the way the school year does. In 3 weeks my class will end, and then I'll have a month or two of relative calm and can hopefully scrap more.
Old 09-18-2023, 12:17 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
Sherly, the same here's! N is at home too for 2 days with ear infection and laryngitis after only 2 weeks of school too (O go through better but had the same and now it's me)!
And totally second the morning time, Summer was so good with not having to wake up this early... I hate running the morning even if we wake up early enough to not have to run, the school mornings looks like marathon...
Hope your son will feel better soon!
Poor babe! I hope N is better soon (as well as O and you, Emily!)
I've gotten my son's sickness and was down yesterday. I feel that my body has been feverish on and off.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think everyone goes thru mojo drain every now and again. I like to find a new project to get me back on track, maybe a few pages about myself, maybe a recipe page, something different to spark a new interest.
Old 09-21-2023, 03:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My mojo is getting lost because of not being able to get my computer to connect to the internet. Today, it's connected, so I will be scrapping soon! (Had to check through 300 emails 1st). I can scrap without internet, and I would have done that today if I couldn't connect, but its not the same.

Today is listening to my Christian playlist and scrapping. Even though it's supposed to be around 80*, I may go make myself some coffee. I think coffee helps with the mojo.