Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-02-2019, 10:28 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Current Reads... November

Alrighty then. So. I did a little reading this past month. Or maybe A lot of reading??!
Of course, some of these books felt like I was binging on brownies... but there were some incredibly delightful discoveries! Lots of fun!
There were a few duds, but overall, so many great titles.
A few of my favorites included:
EVERYTHING by Christina Lauren!, Heidi's Guide [I listened to this one on audio & laughed so much!], The Hating Game & Nine Women One Dress [Ruthie!].
I just started my 151st book for this year. Crazy!

So how about you?!! Jump in and share your recent reading adventures ♥

Last edited by lingovise; 11-02-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

How do you manage to read so many books???

What did you think about CIty of Girls? I've been hearing a lot about it, but it has a long wait list at my local library.

I did not love this story:

It moved too slowly, and I didn't find the ending satisfying at all. Or maybe I just didn't care that much about the character by the end.

I read this because I teach middle school literature, but I did not love it, either.

I am currently reading these:

Old 11-03-2019, 08:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That is A LOT of books! This was my 101st book for 2019 and I LOVED IT!
Old 11-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ummm.... wow, that is a lot of books! That's awesome! I read only 2 again this month lol I did enjoy them both, though. The first more than the second because I really liked the characters. Both were free on Kindle Unlimited

Old 11-12-2019, 06:25 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Currently--finally-- reading (to the point of neglecting everything else I'm supposed to be doing ):

Most recently finished--quick read--I watched the show last summer & was definitely not disappointed by the book:

Finished right at the end of October or first days of November & meeting with my book club tonight to discuss:
Old 11-13-2019, 09:29 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
How do you manage to read so many books???

What did you think about CIty of Girls? I've been hearing a lot about it, but it has a long wait list at my local library.

I did not love this story:

It moved too slowly, and I didn't find the ending satisfying at all. Or maybe I just didn't care that much about the character by the end.
I spend a lot of time waiting for my boys to finish their extracurricular activities... so I get loads of reading done while I sit. I also read instead of watching TV and listen to audio books while I'm driving. Also this year my physical therapist recommended that I substantially increase my time reading as a means to help interrupt my pain receptors/pathways. I'm not exactly sure how effective his philosophy truly is, but it's a good distraction! This past month felt a lot like cheating though, to be honest! As there were quite a few titles that were in the 400-500 page range, allowing me to finish them in just a 3-5 hours.

I really enjoyed City of Girls... it's a great character-driven story fueled by terrific writing.

I'm sort of sad that you didn't enjoy Gentleman in Moscow! I adored the meandering storyline [though it did drag a bit in spots] and was delighted with Count Alexander. I also really enjoyed all the nuggets of historical fiction and the overall style of writing.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't been reading as much the last month or two. I've been outside more, taking more wildlife photos. But....I always read in the morning when I wake up so here's what I have read since the last check-in.

I'm almost finished Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane. It's such a great book about a tragedy and how it affects everyone throughout the years. It's one of my faves for this year.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

How did you like Turn the Key, Rae? I usually love Ruth Ware, but was disappointed with this one. I'll be interested to hear about Ask Again, Yes... as I've been putting that one off, because I'm afraid it'll be too sad/depressing.