Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2019, 11:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Photos this week 03/28

Are you taking any photos this week? Editing or sorting thru any? Taking any candid or event photos? What's your favorite? Or are you taking a break from it all? Share a fave if you wish to....
Old 03-28-2019, 11:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm editing photos from a photo walk I went to on Saturday. It was a small community (a block long) called Finn Slough and it is one of the earliest settlements in the 1800's to form in Richmond (outside of Vancouver BC Canada). A few of us went early morning, it was so quiet and lovely. We met one of the owners of a small shack and had a great discussion with her. I even saw a hummingbird species that I've never seen here before. Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to get a pic of it at the time.

Here's an early morning shot I took. Such a grungy quaint little area.

I want to get out on Friday for a few early spring macro photos at a nearby community garden. Taz will enjoy the lunchtime walk there.

BTW....I love taking photos of my family/friends but my passion is nature/landscape/food and macro shots. After working as a wedding/portrait photographer (retired from it last yr), I am really enjoying getting outdoors and taking fun pics for my own enjoyment now.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Got the NYC trip off my phone onto my computer and gathered the photos from my family's phones, but that's as far as I got. Laundry is still calling me. ha ha
Old 03-28-2019, 12:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's a gorgeous photo, Rae!!

I've been taking a lot of photos at my Grandpa's house as we're cleaning it out. We've been sharing fun memories of things and events at his house. I haven't downloaded any from my phone yet (they're backed up to Google Photos).
Old 03-28-2019, 02:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
That's a gorgeous photo, Rae!!

I've been taking a lot of photos at my Grandpa's house as we're cleaning it out. We've been sharing fun memories of things and events at his house. I haven't downloaded any from my phone yet (they're backed up to Google Photos).
Tammy - that's a great idea, taking photos as you clean out. I want to do more pages about little things/memories of my mom (like the recent page I did of the National Geographic mags). I wish I had taken more photos in her home when I had a chance, I would love to look back on those photos now.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Love that photo Rae!

I've been pretty bad at getting my camera out lately. Actually for the past whole year really. I really need to make a concerted effort to document more of our life - my girls are growing so quick!
Old 03-28-2019, 05:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Love that photo Rae!

I've been pretty bad at getting my camera out lately. Actually for the past whole year really. I really need to make a concerted effort to document more of our life - my girls are growing so quick!
Yes....time flies so much quicker than you would think. I take a lot more camera phone pics these days b/c the little everyday moments are so fleeting and easy forgotten.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I'm editing photos from a photo walk I went to on Saturday. It was a small community (a block long) called Finn Slough and it is one of the earliest settlements in the 1800's to form in Richmond (outside of Vancouver BC Canada). A few of us went early morning, it was so quiet and lovely. We met one of the owners of a small shack and had a great discussion with her. I even saw a hummingbird species that I've never seen here before. Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to get a pic of it at the time.

Here's an early morning shot I took. Such a grungy quaint little area.

Rae - I think I'have photos from here too! Not as good as your's though - this is one, taken more than 20 years ago back in the day of film cameras. My only notes on it are 'Fraser River village' but I think its the same place.

I haven't been taking alot of photos lately either - compared to what I used to. Too busy with life at the moment. I wish I could get out with my camera more though. Now that summer's over I might be able to - its often too hot to be outside much and everything looks tired, dry, brown and burnt anyway.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Rae - I think I'have photos from here too! Not as good as your's though - this is one, taken more than 20 years ago back in the day of film cameras. My only notes on it are 'Fraser River village' but I think its the same place.

I haven't been taking alot of photos lately either - compared to what I used to. Too busy with life at the moment. I wish I could get out with my camera more though. Now that summer's over I might be able to - its often too hot to be outside much and everything looks tired, dry, brown and burnt anyway.
I think this is the only small fishing community off the Fraser River that is old like this so, yes, it looks like it's the same place. Love your photo from 20 yrs ago.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Tammy - that's a great idea, taking photos as you clean out. I want to do more pages about little things/memories of my mom (like the recent page I did of the National Geographic mags). I wish I had taken more photos in her home when I had a chance, I would love to look back on those photos now.
Thanks, Rae The first thing we did before we started going through things was take pictures. I know they'll be something we will treasure.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2019, 12:20 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

This is a good reminder; I haven't taken a single photo this week!