Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-09-2019, 02:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD: 12/09 Holiday Wear

Do you buy anything special to wear for the holidays? Do you need to dress up for functions/events that you buy a new outfit for? Or is the holiday season very casual?
Old 12-09-2019, 02:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't have a work function (for my hubs) until Jan and it'll be at his boss' home so it will be slightly dressy but I don't need to buy anything new for it. I have lots of options in my closet to choose from.

We'll visit family and friends but they will all be casual so don't need to worry about what I wear. Xmas day we all dress comfy (spend half the day in jammies anyway LOL). I don't miss the earlier yrs when we had a lot more functions that we had to really dress up for, these days I'm all for comfy and casual. I haven't worn a pair of heels higher than 1" in a few yrs and if I wore them now it would feel so strange.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're pretty casual in general, so our "dressed up" wear is usually considered casual by most people. I usually wear a nice shirt with my black dress pants & hubby wears a nice shirt with his nice jeans. lol! For both of our work holiday parties, the dress code is casual as well... so usually I don't buy anything special.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I didn't attend my day job party which would have been casual. As for my summer, weekend 'fun' job I will just wear what I normally wear to my 'real' job.

Christmas Eve and Day we will dress casual, jeans and a shirt or sweater.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

No shopping needed; everything is pretty casual. For my work party I can wear a casual dress or a nice shirt with leggings. DH's office does a party during the work day, so it's regular office wear and spouses don't attend. Any family or friend parties are likely to be casual enough for jeans.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2019, 12:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

After 10+ years of hiding in sweatshirts and jeans, I try to always overdress especially when I have the "excuse" of an official function or party.

Last year I scored a dress at 50% from Modcloth during their 12 Days of Christmas sale. I'm hoping to do the same this year. I could wear last year's plaid dress to Christmas Eve service & the staff party; I'd just rather not.

My kids always have new jammies for Christmas morning & last year we all wore ugly Christmas sweaters to my family's Christmas get-together.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:06 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Nope. We have nothing going on, it'll be just a normal working day here on Christmas... so just me with comfy clothes on.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No, not really. I do need to find us some decently priced ugly sweaters to wear to Christmas Eve but everything else is very casual.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We also had an ugly sweater Christmas at my in-laws last year, so I had to buy for that. My husband's office party is in January, and I can either dress up or wear jeans and a nice top. I'll see how I feel.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I bought us some new tops for our church function, nothing fancy. Then I also bought a matching jammies for New Year’s eve because it was a really cute family jammies! Since we will got to my sister’s on the 24th, I am still waiting for any instructions is we will have a color dress up this year but if not, then no problem.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I typically dress 'nicer' when we go to our usual family gatherings but I don't go out of my way to purchase something new. This year is the first time in at least 8 years we'll be going to a work dinner so I will dress nice for that, but I have had a dress in my closet that I have had for years that I've been looking for an excuse to wear so I'll just wear that.... normally I don't wear dresses because I can't find shoes that fit to go with them (slim pickings for heels for a girl with size 12 feet ), but I actually found a pair of flats that will work well so I'm happy about that.

The past couple of years we've been spending all of Christmas day in our jammies (including when we go to my brothers for dinner.... it's just that kind of day where we want to be comfortable and relax without the fuss lol)