Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Neko Atsume...

Guys, I'm obsessed with this game. It's pretty pointless if I'm being honest... You put toys and food out and try to attract cats to your yard, but darn it if it isn't totally addicting to me, haha!

Check out mah kittehs!

please tell me someone else out there plays this game and is addicted as I am?!?!

Old 02-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My daughter, who is 24 years old, plays this game and so does her friend. You are not alone, lol
I know she plays because she shows me all her new cats she got when she comes to visit.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I actually thought this was spam!! I never heard of this, but I'm also not much of a game player outside of Plants vs Zombies on the Xbox!

It looks cute. Is it hard to play? I'm asking for my almost 4-year old who loves playing games!
Old 02-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm a crazy cat lady that at this point of my life can't have a cat. (One day I'm going to replace all the humans in this house with cats though.) This looks so cute and fun!

Old 02-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I actually thought this was spam!! I never heard of this, but I'm also not much of a game player outside of Plants vs Zombies on the Xbox!

It looks cute. Is it hard to play? I'm asking for my almost 4-year old who loves playing games!
You don't play it like other typical games. The cats will come to the toys if there is food in the yard, but only if the app is closed. You can't interact with the cats other than to take their picture. when they leave (which they only do if the app is closed), they give you fish (either silver or gold) and you use the fish to buy food and toys. My 4 year old who LOVES cats finds this game pretty boring, haha

Old 02-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLee View Post
I'm a crazy cat lady that at this point of my life can't have a cat. (One day I'm going to replace all the humans in this house with cats though.) This looks so cute and fun!
I have a cat, but we have to go to great lengths to protect her from a dog we recently adopted. Virtual kitties is my way of coping with not having my kitty near me all the time. The dog is used for therapy reasons for Jamesen's anxiety, so we can't just up and get rid of her either.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
You don't play it like other typical games. The cats will come to the toys if there is food in the yard, but only if the app is closed. You can't interact with the cats other than to take their picture. when they leave (which they only do if the app is closed), they give you fish (either silver or gold) and you use the fish to buy food and toys. My 4 year old who LOVES cats finds this game pretty boring, haha
yeah, he'd probably find that boring too because he'd want to interact with them! Thanks for the information about the game!
Old 02-08-2017, 09:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Haha.. I'd never heard of this. My daughter will love it.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Never heard of this game...

Old 02-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

OMG I play this. Surprise surprise. Even though you can't interact with them, you can watch them play with the toys you leave for them in the yard. It is also fun to open the gane to see if they left you a present. Certain cats only play with certain toys so it is kind of fun to put different stuff out to catch different cats.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:06 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

My cousin got me hooked on it. Definitely more therapy than game for me. Had a bad day so I bought the "basket case" (A basket with a hole for them to go it) I thought it was fitting and made me smile when I opened it up. I am addicted now to finding the 'rare' kitties. There are some that appear only with certain toys you add to your yard.

Old 02-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My son would love this. He loves cats and all things cats. He makes us crazy with his love of cats, actually. We have 3 of them and he has a whole room full of cat 'stuff'.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeee View Post
My cousin got me hooked on it. Definitely more therapy than game for me. Had a bad day so I bought the "basket case" (A basket with a hole for them to go it) I thought it was fitting and made me smile when I opened it up. I am addicted now to finding the 'rare' kitties. There are some that appear only with certain toys you add to your yard.
I just got sapphire and jeeves for the first (and second) time today, as well as finally get lady meow meow to visit!! ahhh!