Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-31-2016, 07:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default December Daily class with Ali Edwards

So I saw that Ali Edwards has a December Daily class that starts tomorrow. Is anyone taking it?

I've tried December Daily in the past but have not been too successful...except when I just limited it to the adventures of our elf.

I don't think the "daily" thing is for me. I do like the idea of having a special scrapbook activity to work on and I am intrigued if there will be any "prompts" that might spark new ideas.

I should probably do a Holiday Faves or I did a fun one years ago at Big Picture called December Duos where we were given one word prompts.

If you read this whole message, thanks. I hate having that feeling like I'm missing out if I don't take the class. Does anyone know of a place that has prompts for a holiday album?
Old 10-31-2016, 09:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am not taking the class but I have heard good things abt it. I have done a Countdown to Christmas album the last three years, though.

My C2C album is daily but I'm sure others will chime in with their non-daily ones. Lynette, of course, is the one who started the Holiday Faves album so she will probably pop in here and share.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I took the class last year and thoroughly enjoyed it! I loved getting a closer look at all her past albums and getting ideas for my own. Definitely worth the $ for all the content included in the class.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would love to take it but I know myself and it will be another class that I don't "take" I do plan to create a DD Album this year though.
Old 11-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sure what the December Daily class is or who Ali Edwards is, but I'm sure you could always google prompts or find things on pinterest
Old 11-01-2016, 03:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I'm not sure what the December Daily class is or who Ali Edwards is, but I'm sure you could always google prompts or find things on pinterest
I didn't even think it was possible for someone not to know Ali at this point

I've never taken a bad class from Ali so I'm sure if you're wanting to do December Daily it's totally worth it.

As someone else mentioned I decided years ago that the daily ness of December Daily was too much for me which is what prompted me to do my version called Holiday Faves. I'll be running it again this year and it will include a new set of 6x8 templates as well as a class to help keep you motivated to finish.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
I didn't even think it was possible for someone not to know Ali at this point .

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing! :O

Maybe after my daughter's appointment, I'll Google her to see who she is. When I think of class, I think of school and I'm too old for school
Old 11-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I haven't taken her DD class, but I'm with Lynnette...I've never taken a bad class from Ali.

I do DD every other year (8x8 digital book), and this is my off year...so maybe I'll take it next year.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been trying to decide if doing it will be good for me, since I need to concentrate on new traditions and moving on OR if it will be too painful for me. My first Christmas on my own and I'm not even sure how Christmas'y I need it to be.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm in the same boat as if I sign up for a class, I won't end up finishing the class... I'll be doing Dec Daily again this year... heck, I'm still scrapping 2012's, 2013, and 2015. I just don't know what I'm going to do... J's classes are more intense this year so having a daily thing is going to be tough... maybe I will have to switch to favorites.

Maybe we should put together a list of Holiday Scrapping Ideas?
Old 11-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I so appreciate the input. I'm right there with the ladies who say it could be another class I buy and don't "take". Have plenty of those.

I did take Lynette's Holiday Faves class last year. I really like her faves style. It also works better for my life. I don't have children (not that I didn't want them) so a daily seems tough to make entertaining.

The two nephews that are close are now young men. My younger niece and nephew live on the other side of the country and if they come to visit it will be at Thanksgiving which means a lot happens then and not in December. And it's not even clear yet if they will be able to come to visit this year.

I like the idea of a list of holiday scrapping ideas.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
I've been trying to decide if doing it will be good for me, since I need to concentrate on new traditions and moving on OR if it will be too painful for me. My first Christmas on my own and I'm not even sure how Christmas'y I need it to be.
Hugs Val. Maybe you can find something fun to do with your daughter.