Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-21-2018, 12:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default .... I"m a tad embarrassed to post this buuuuuuttt...

I'm a serious pokemon fan, have been since it came out 22 years ago. Do any of you play or have kids who play the actual games not pokemon go?

There's a pokemon called vivillon whose pattern changes depending on what real world geographical location you are in. I'm trying to get all the patterns because I'm a collector and i'm NUTS but I need some that are hard to get and I know we have people all over the place on the boards and it's a long shot and makes me look a bit foolish for showing my nerd towards pokemon but for real, please help me

Old 03-21-2018, 09:41 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We all have something that we enjoy. So yours is Pokémon?!? When my husband and I first got together his little sisters were obsessed with Pokémon. It drove me bonkers. When we got married I told my husband, ‘when we have kids they will NOt like Polemon’ All because his sisters drove me nuts—-I’m talking like my sons Minecraft obsession that drives me bonkers! He assured me the fad of Pokémon would die when we had kids. Nope, never did. Thankfully my kids never really got in to Pokémon to drive me nuts. However his sisters, to this day, are still huge fans of Pokémon!
Old 03-21-2018, 12:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've never been a gamer... I'm fairly uncoordinated! My boys love games. My youngest has played all of the Pokemon games. He was obsessed with collecting all of the games at one point, but he has too much schoolwork to do that now.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

No judging here. Whatever floats your boat!

I can't way I have any obsessions besides sugar. I used to be addicted to those Facebook games (I can't even remember the names, Frontier something and another Farm one.) When I saw how addicted I had become I decided to just quit cold turkey and uninstall the apps right away. Never went back to it.

Well I mean there's always the obsession of checking Instagram and Facebook... I'm trying to allow myself only once a day but it doesn't work yet.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We haven't gotten into it...yet
Old 03-21-2018, 03:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My boys both love Pokémon, especially my youngest. They have hundreds (seems like thousands!) of the cards ALL over the house and they watch the shows on Netflix. They were never into Pokémon Go though... anyway, I checked with them and they know of Vivillon but don't have any of those cards in their stash. Will let you know if we ever come across it!
Old 03-21-2018, 04:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My kids definitely love Pokemon, but I've never really tried to learn anything about it!! Maybe I should
Old 03-21-2018, 07:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't do Pokemon, but my brother who retired a few years ago from the PSP, is in to it big time, as in he goes out hunting everyday and walks about 10 miles. He goes to things where they try to take over gyms and stuff like that. He gets out of the house and also gets lots of exercise, so his wife is totally happy with his hobby.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I don't do Pokemon, but my brother who retired a few years ago from the PSP, is in to it big time, as in he goes out hunting everyday and walks about 10 miles. He goes to things where they try to take over gyms and stuff like that. He gets out of the house and also gets lots of exercise, so his wife is totally happy with his hobby.
Good for him! What a great way to keep active!
Old 03-21-2018, 08:41 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

All 4 of my boys LOVE Pokemon. They all have the cards and play games with those. My oldest was a HUGE pokemon gamer.

We ALL play Pokemon Go. My oldest (26) grew up playing Pokemon on the game boy so when it came out on the phone, he was all over it. I started playing it and before long, we were all playing it. We are going out this weekend to play!!
Old 03-22-2018, 12:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I wrote out a big long thing and then accidentally deleted it. bah!

Long story short, love pokemon, all forms, have been playing for 22 years and will never stop.

I also found most of the vivillon I've been looking for. I'm a huge collector at heart and I just love collecting pokemon.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:06 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post
No judging here. Whatever floats your boat!

I can't way I have any obsessions besides sugar. I used to be addicted to those Facebook games (I can't even remember the names, Frontier something and another Farm one.) When I saw how addicted I had become I decided to just quit cold turkey and uninstall the apps right away. Never went back to it.

Well I mean there's always the obsession of checking Instagram and Facebook... I'm trying to allow myself only once a day but it doesn't work yet.
I used to love Farm Town, back in the day I'm so glad I got over those Facebook games though because they were SO time consuming!!
Old 03-22-2018, 11:10 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh and yours might be Pokemon......mine is Plants vs. Zombies 2 - Garden Warfare on my husband's xbox. I play it every single day for 15-30 minutes, usually waiting for the little man to get up for the morning. If I don't get to play it, either my husband or my son will play it, do a challenge or two for me so I keep my max xp in hopes that before the end of the year I'll "complete" the game. It's a family affair here with Plants vs. Zombies!

Old 03-22-2018, 03:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My daughter will check her binder when we get home. She said she might have one. I'll let you know next week.

I will play Pokemon with her but I love Pokemon Go more lol
Old 03-22-2018, 04:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
My daughter will check her binder when we get home. She said she might have one. I'll let you know next week.

I will play Pokemon with her but I love Pokemon Go more lol
I'm actually looking for the video game, not the cards. We've got a really awesome card store near us that fulfills my card needs, lol

Old 03-22-2018, 05:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh I forgot. If I start playing the Simms again, that's probably where you'll find me for the next 24 hours... can't really do that anymore with kids but I used to spend hours in my fake family! lol
Old 03-27-2018, 12:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
oh I forgot. If I start playing the Simms again, that's probably where you'll find me for the next 24 hours... can't really do that anymore with kids but I used to spend hours in my fake family! lol
oh my gosh I neglect my REAL dogs and cat while playing with my virtual animals haha!

Old 03-27-2018, 02:25 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I am not a huge Pokémon fan* but I used to love it when I was 6-12 (90er right here obsessed with 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen) yeah... I grew up with it... What game exactly are you looking for? I know it appears in Pokémon X (or Y or both, not sure) for Nintendo 3DS

*because I might have watched some eps from recent generations buuut I can't recall all of them nor am so into those :c

Last edited by imperio; 03-27-2018 at 02:27 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:11 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I love the Sims! I had to uninstall it from my computer because I would play that for hours or I’d find my kids hogging my computer playing during their waking hours. So we own Sims 4 with most of the expansions but it’s uninstalled due to it being a time sucker!!
Old 03-27-2018, 02:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
I am not a huge Pokémon fan* but I used to love it when I was 6-12 (90er right here obsessed with 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen) yeah... I grew up with it... What game exactly are you looking for? I know it appears in Pokémon X (or Y or both, not sure) for Nintendo 3DS

*because I might have watched some eps from recent generations buuut I can't recall all of them nor am so into those :c

I actually found what I was looking for thanks!