Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default those of you that are really happy with you cleaning schedule...

share with me your schedule please!!!!!

Maybe it's because we are working on fixing up our fixer-upper... but I'm feeling like my schedule isn't working anymore!

...or maybe it's the kids LOL
Old 08-14-2011, 07:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

its the kids... Just having one and I can't keep up... can't image with three!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's the kids! I am looking forward to having floors that stay clean for a couple hours instead of a couple minutes.

I usually tackle one huge chore a day and maintain the light chores everyday. If I stay on top of the deep cleaning, it takes me very little time to do my daily chores. I try to unload the dishwasher in the morning so I fill it during the day. When I am done with a towel I will use it to quickly wipe down the sink and bathroom.

My boys have chores also. They "sweep" their room with the stick vac, wipe down their sink and toilet and everyday they have to go on a mission to find what doesn't belong and put it in its home. They use their walkie talkies to complete that chore.

Mondays- grocery shop, scour the sink and counters, sweep and mop every room, laundry, wipe down whatever I see that is dirty, sweep

Tuesdays- deep clean bathrooms, laundry, wipe down whatever I see that is dirty, sweep, swiffer if needed

Wednesdays- dust or clean/wipe stuff down, laundry, wipe down whatever I see that is dirty, sweep, swiffer if needed

Thursday- laundry (fold whatever I haven't gotten to, hang, iron, sheets, etc), wipe down whatever I see that is dirty, sweep, swiffer

Friday- pick up everything that migrated that week and clean floors, go into the city for errands, laundry, wipe down whatever I see that is dirty, sweep

On the weekends I just do what I can fit in. I know the house is going to get destroyed when we are in and out all weekend long so I don't stress.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm similar to Amanda. I do one major chore a day and just do little things each day beyond that. Mine just changes each week based on my work schedule right now.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cleaning? Schedule?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie4b1g View Post
Cleaning? Schedule?
this!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiefamily View Post
It's the kids! I am looking forward to having floors that stay clean for a couple hours instead of a couple minutes.

I usually tackle one huge chore a day and maintain the light chores everyday. If I stay on top of the deep cleaning, it takes me very little time to do my daily chores. I try to unload the dishwasher in the morning so I fill it during the day. When I am done with a towel I will use it to quickly wipe down the sink and bathroom.

My boys have chores also. They "sweep" their room with the stick vac, wipe down their sink and toilet and everyday they have to go on a mission to find what doesn't belong and put it in its home. They use their walkie talkies to complete that chore.

Mondays- grocery shop, scour the sink and counters, sweep and mop every room, laundry, wipe down whatever I see that is dirty, sweep

Tuesdays- deep clean bathrooms, laundry, wipe down whatever I see that is dirty, sweep, swiffer if needed

Wednesdays- dust or clean/wipe stuff down, laundry, wipe down whatever I see that is dirty, sweep, swiffer if needed

Thursday- laundry (fold whatever I haven't gotten to, hang, iron, sheets, etc), wipe down whatever I see that is dirty, sweep, swiffer

Friday- pick up everything that migrated that week and clean floors, go into the city for errands, laundry, wipe down whatever I see that is dirty, sweep

On the weekends I just do what I can fit in. I know the house is going to get destroyed when we are in and out all weekend long so I don't stress.
I'm tired from just reading this Good for you, though! My house is ALWAYS neat, but definitely not as clean as you keep yours... I have no schedule to speak of.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's the kids! Between kitchen work (cooking and cleaning), laundry, general tidying, and keeping up with everything the kids need from me, I'm lucky to get through 2-3 real cleaning chores a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiefamily View Post
LOL-weekends are the only time all week that things are likely to be clean here. We're home about the same amount on the weekends as during the week, but with DH and I both home at least there's one of us to take on the chores while the other is on kid-duty.

Last edited by rach3975; 08-14-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's my super thought out cleaning schedule.... you ready?

I clean it when it gets to the point it bothers me.

Sorry, but with a 2 month old and a 3.5 year old, I can't keep up. Sharing a bathroom with the little girl makes it really difficult to keep it clean.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnidge View Post

Sorry, but with a 2 month old and a 3.5 year old, I can't keep up. Sharing a bathroom with the little girl makes it really difficult to keep it clean.
Pretty much this. Most of the time.

My kids are 4.5, 2.5 & 1.5 and totally country kids & lovers of the dirt....I feel like cleaning, is sort of like, shoveling snow while it's still snowing.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't really have a schedule either. My house is surface clean, the deep cleaning has suffered. We deep clean when company is coming.

We clean the bathrooms every weekend. We mop the kitchen twice a week. We dust infrequently. All floors are vacuumed once a week. We don't wear shoes in the house that helps. Kitchen is sparkling before we go to bed each night. There is no clutter. We just put stuff away a lot. DH is a neat freak and pretty much can't go to bed unless everything is neat and tidy, That helps.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
I'm tired from just reading this Good for you, though! My house is ALWAYS neat, but definitely not as clean as you keep yours... I have no schedule to speak of.
It really takes me less than an hour to clean a day and I never do it all at once. I try to get as much done as possible in the morning before the boys wake up- dishes unloaded, laundry hung on line and new load washing, lunches made. After everyone is up and where they need to be I alternate designing/scrap/activities with cleaning. Clean for 15 minutes and then play for an hour, repeat.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I work full time (and then some), so there is no cleaning schedule for me ... plus I'm simply not that organized. Maybe one day
Old 08-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I clean every day throughout the day. I do the kitchen floor morning and night if I feel like it. Sometimes I just tell myself whats the use because it just gets dirty 1 second later. I think my home is clean and pretty much stays that way.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I work full time (and then some), so there is no cleaning schedule for me ... plus I'm simply not that organized. Maybe one day
This is me, too. I'm looking at these schedules feeling quite inadequate...but that's alright LOL. I do what I can, and my house is never dirty, just kinda "lived in."
Old 08-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

thanks you guys!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturnidge View Post

This is totally me-and it takes a bit to "bother me"...LOL
Old 08-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have a chore chart, thanks to Darcy! We implemented it in February of this year, but I wish I had of done it a couple of years ago!! It works wonders!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Well, my schedule went out the window when BF moved in. But one general piece of advice: Don't plan a result, plan a task. Don't go: I want the bathroom and the kitchen to be cleaner... Instead sit down and realisticly consider what things exactely you want done how regulary. To realise this has made all the difference in the world to me.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

The only thing I really have a schedual for is laundry. But I do sweep and mop everyday and my oldest does the dishes everyday. Other then that we usually leave most of the other cleaning for the weekend...it's easier with 2 adults. One of us can entertain the 2 little ones while everyone else cleans and then we switch off!!! We can usually clean the whole house in 2 hours!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 08-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

I could really find some great advice in this thread too, I do not have kids but I do have a supermessy place anyway! But not too worried about it, though.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Same for me. Which is why we NEVER have people over to the house. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaCola3 View Post
This is totally me-and it takes a bit to "bother me"...LOL
Old 08-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalskate View Post
This is me, too. I'm looking at these schedules feeling quite inadequate...but that's alright LOL. I do what I can, and my house is never dirty, just kinda "lived in."
Oh don't feel inadequate! Everybody's life and personality is different. My borderline obsessiveness is partially based on the fact that my in laws house is very cluttered, messy and dirty. We also just moved into this house and started with a clean slate so I am trying my best to keep it up. But I totally do admit I am obsessive about cleaning.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalskate View Post
this.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I used to have a cleaning schedule when I was a stay at home mom, but now that I work full time I just kind of wing it. It's not working any more though. I have the girls each assigned jobs during the week like dishes and a little laundry. I'm ready to figure out a cleaning schedule for a working mom...so if anyone has ideas...I'm listening!

Heather - share your schedule when you come up with one please. I need all the ideas I can get. I hate spending Sat mornings doing nothing but cleaning and then Sunday it's all trashed. Bleh!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have a cleaning schedule here...it looks like this...

Monday...crazy life
Tuesday...crazy life
Wednesday...crazy life
Thursday...crazy life
Friday...crazy life
Saturday...Aaron freaks out and cleans
Sunday...have parents over b/c house is clean

It works for us....I guess

Old 08-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to cardinalskate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirScrapalot View Post

Monday...crazy life
Tuesday...crazy life
Wednesday...crazy life
Thursday...crazy life
Friday...crazy life

LOL! Yes!! When my house is actually totally clean, we wanna invite everyone over the next day and take advantage of it!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Monday...crazy life
Tuesday...crazy life
Wednesday...crazy life
Thursday...crazy life
Friday...crazy life

this is exactly how it is here LOL!!! Saturday Mark freaks out and cleans while I'm still dealing with the crazy life with the kiddos LOL... tho, we have people over on Saturday night because otherwise it's a mess again by Sunday
Old 08-15-2011, 11:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This summer I have been SOOOO lax about cleaning and any kind of a schedule! I am really excited to get back into school so we are all more organized. I generally have a basic schedule like this:
Monday- Laundry, Vacuum, Living Room, Office
Tuesday- Laundry, Kitchen
Wednesday- Laundry, Vacuum, Bedrooms
Thursday- Laundry, Bathrooms, Laundry Room
Friday- Laundry, Vacuum, Car, Outside
Saturday- Pick up anything I can
I have checklists for each room of what needs to be done. I have started having the kids help with the chores, because I want to teach them to work, NOT because they are great cleaners. Sometimes it is just soooo much easier to do it all myself!
Saturdays are pretty crazy around here, so I try to get most of the cleaning done in the week. I love having a schedule, and if I stick to it, then I am only cleaning 1-2 hours a day, and everything gets done. There is nothing better than the feeling of a job well done, and a clean house to help me relax!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Smile

That's one of my goals to get a schedule in place, now that school is starting next week. The only die hard thing I have stuck to religiously is washing my sheets and towels every Monday. I'm a freak about clean bathrooms, too, and they are clean but I need to designate which days I'm doing those. The kids go over their bathroom every morning with clorox wipes, so that helps!

As of now, the house stays pretty clean, not perfect, but pretty darn good, but it's sorta random, which fits my personality, I seemed to have missed the "scheduling" and "routine" gene... lol

I'm a list girl, I put things on a list and get them done everyday. But it's not always on the same day of every week and so forth. But now, I'm thinking it would be easier with a cleaning schedule to be that way.

I'm waiting for back to school night, next week, when I can figure out what day I decide to volunteer in the kids classes, and then I want to make a schedule. It's so helpful seeing what others do, here. What an great thread!

Public Relations for www.digitalscrapper.com
(Photoshop & PSE digital scrapbook training)
Old 08-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Smile

Quote:

Monday...crazy life
Tuesday...crazy life
Wednesday...crazy life
Thursday...crazy life
Friday...crazy life

haha! that sounds like us sometimes whe we get REALLY busy!

Public Relations for www.digitalscrapper.com
(Photoshop & PSE digital scrapbook training)
Old 08-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Monday - Bedrooms, upstairs bathroom, landing, stairs and entry
Tuesday - scraproom, living room and computer nook
Wednesday - kitchen, laundry room, basement and downstairs bathroom
Thursday - front yard, driveway and pressure wash backyard
Friday - steam clean floors and the rest of the day is mine for doing my nails, coloring my hair or whatever else I feel like doing to pamper myself

I spend 15 minutes per room...period! Twice per year I have a thirteen week deep cleaning plan where every room gets basically gutted and cleaned from top to bottom...one room per week

Old 08-16-2011, 02:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I used to do the Fly Lady cleaning thing, and that worked great for a few months, then I got lazy again. Now, I do a big clean on Mondays (I don't work on Mondays, so I'm home). I vacuum the house, dust, clean the toilets, mop the tiled floors and do laundry. The rest of the week I relax. I might do another vacuum if an area gets particularly messy again during the week, and another load or two of laundry, but nothing strictly scheduled. We're pretty tidy in our house. We pick up all toys etc before dinner every night, and the kitchen is left clean and tidy before we go to bed. We also don't wear shoes in the house, which helps.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't think I have an exact schedule that I follow but I do have somewhat of a routine. Every day of the week I will pick up, vacuum/sweep, laundry, light dusting, wipe down surfaces (like toilet, counters, etc.), dishes. Then on the weekends I do more of the deep cleaning.. wash all linens, scrub walls/floors, scrub bathtub/shower, dust EVERYTHING (ceiling fans, etc.).
Old 08-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like Aarons theory. lol

For us, doing a little bit each day does wonders.

Daily chores include: vacuuming living room, entrance way and kitchen, dust coffee/end tables in living room, unload dishwasher, feed cat and change litter, wipe/tidy main bathroom, clean rooms, tidy basement (toys)...laundry gets its own day per person that lives here (and only gets done when needed). I think that's about it?