Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm going to be in the minority and say I'm 'eh about the new previews. Sorry designers, I know you worked SO HARD repackaging and really I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm kinda like Kellie and I feel like the middle is all "mushed" up together.

And while I love pinterest, so far the challenges on there is messing with my straight line loving OCD! While I agree the old format had so many words, this one is just bouncing up and down all over the place with the size of the photos.

Maybe just a pdf of a list of the challenges with key words after all the challenges are done (which I'm like others and prefer to scrap my already existing photos, all 4659324 of them). Is there a reason for the delay in the pinterest posting? Just curious?

Gosh I sound all whiney, but you asked what I thought! Nothing I HATE, but things that bug me. I do like the clean style and the white of the forums. I do like the look of the previews for the template designers, clean and easy to see. I do like all the new stuff on the home page. I do love all the designers you have here and the super friendly staff!

I SSD!!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Hey girls,

Thanks for the comments and feedback - we really do love it!

Regarding the challenges, while we're certainly going to be taking your feedback into consideration as we're looking for inspiration (our challenge team has talked at length about general topics and inspiration being better than super micro-managed, specific ones), there is a potential 40% discount in the shoppe on the line each and every month, so these are meant to be challenging in addition to being inspiring. We know you want to scrap the memories you're already making with your families, but our goal is to get you to think outside the box where your scrapping is concerned and try new things in your layouts or make new / different memories with your loved ones while you're trying to earn your Sweet Rewards.

I personally love the new system, and find it soooo much more inspiring in general! I hope it grows on those of you who are hesitant about it now.

Thanks again,
Robin
Old 01-03-2012, 06:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Regarding the challenges, while we're certainly going to be taking your feedback into consideration as we're looking for inspiration (our challenge team has talked at length about general topics and inspiration being better than super micro-managed, specific ones), there is a potential 40% discount in the shoppe on the line each and every month, so these are meant to be challenging in addition to being inspiring. We know you want to scrap the memories you're already making with your families, but our goal is to get you to think outside the box where your scrapping is concerned and try new things in your layouts or make new / different memories with your loved ones while you're trying to earn your Sweet Rewards.
I have to say I'm loving it. I typically only do challenges that I can work into a layout I was already planning on doing. So it makes things easier for me. Like using a certain color scheme, layout/design, etc.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I love all the new changes....they've brought me back so SSD and are really encouraging me to get more involved here. I love the new challenge system and can't wait to actually start scrapping (tonight!!!).
Old 01-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I'm in the minority about the previews- love the bigger size, but I am a neutral gal and also find the elements in the center a bit overwhelming. It's nothing major and probably isn't distracting for most others. The kits are still gorgeous regardless. Other than the Pinterest connection to the portfolio, I adore all the other changes to the site- the tutorials, the bargain bites (so much easier than penny candy, which I loved), the featured designer, the clean look. I love for the challenges to be challenging, but I really need the list to be organized, so a combination of the Pinterest visual and a list would be great. With dial up, getting Pinterest to load in the first place and then having to get the details to load is painful, plus I really try to limit the number of websites I visit frequently due to my addictive personality quirks. I guess I just get too overwhelmed with all the social media sites.

Last edited by disneyaddict; 01-03-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like the previews. They were fine before too. But I think it's a nice change.
I love that pinterest was added to the portfolio--but I haven't done the challenges since the old system a few years ago (with cookies, p2d, etc).
I love the bargain bin, freebies, and tutorials.
The only thing I don't love is the look of the whole site! I'm more used to it now, but it is SO white. And after seeing the little peak from Ali's blog, I expected it to be super bright and fun and was surprised. But it's fine. Change is nice from time to time. Overall, I like it all! I just have to get used to the white!
(and the homepage IS great... but I NEVER go there!)

Last edited by Sarah8914; 01-03-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

for what it's worth, I know it was time consuming but I think totally worth it!!The new site looks so crisp and clean and beautiful!!

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 01-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love how the papers are easier to see. The larger previews totally rock and I love all the white and how it's all streamlined...it actually loads so super fast on my laptop.....one thing that it did not do before and to be honest...that kept me away. I haven't checked the portfolio stuff out yet since I spent last year art journaling and not scrapping family stuff....
Thanks for all the hard work to make things easier for us!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like how it showcases the papers

My BLOG & Adventures In Wonderland

Old 01-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i think it's brills!!