Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default PSP vs PSE....Help

I've been using PSP since...well...forever, it seems. I've been considering swithcing over to PSE, though. I've got a few things that I'm wondering about before I make that jump, though. I wouldn't want to get it and then have it just sit there and never be used.

I guess my two biggest questions are: What can I do with PSE that I can't dow in PSP? and Am I going to be tearing my hair out trying to figure it out? I've had a copy of PS CS2 and never quite got the knack of scrapping in it...it also doesn't get along so well with my Windows 7 either. As a minor question, would actions/styles that I got for PS CS2 work in PSE? That could go a long way toward swaying me one way or the other.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I bought PSE just to use actions from My Four Hens. I rarely open it. PSP is just sooo much easier to use IMO. I started back with version 5 I think? I am on 14 now...or X4 I suppose.

ETA: Some actions work in PSE and some dont. I think you would have to check the place you bought them. I know M4H has some that work in both and some that are just for photoshop

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by jessica31876; 10-01-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for your input. I can't even remember what the first version of PSP that used was. It had to be a good 10 - 12 years ago, though. I'm up to X4 now as well. It took a while to get used to it. I installed it, used it, decided I didn't like it, uninstalled it and then a couple of months later decided to try it again...and I've been sticking with it.

I downloaded the trial of PSE 11 and I've tried some of the actions and styles I have and, so far, they've worked. I think I'll play with it more and wait 'til the 30 days trial is up to make a decision one way or the other.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

The only complaint I have about X4 is the changes to the type tool (not sure what to call it LOL) I liked it better when it popped up a box to type in then it went into the layout. It is a lot harder to adjust the numbers to get the tracking and kerning and all that right for my fonts. Better yet I wish all fonts had the exact same settings so I did not have to adjust them to make them look right. I journal a lot and sometimes only have a little space to do it I cannot have half an inch between lines

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 10-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I'm not fond of the changes to the text tool either. When it was the box that popped up, you could click for it to remember what you typed. I rarely, if ever, journal but I put dates on everything. I know it's a little thing, but when I was doing a lot of layouts from the same date, it was so easy to just click where I wanted the date to be and it would be there without having to type it.

I also have issues with kerning and tracking. It seems if I type in the number I want, it never takes it.