Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Florida girls, please help me!

We are going to Disney September 29-October 14 and I'm looking for advice on what to pack clothewise. Since I have weight-loss surgery, I change sizes frequently, and I'm kinda panicking since it's really hard to find capris or short here come August, since the winter stock is in store.

Anyway, it seems clear that the capris that I was wearing this summer will be to big at the end of september. I was wondering if I would be confortable in long, lightweight jeans? Or should I just get ordinary jeans shortened to bermuda/capris lenght?

Since my surgery, I'm always cold, even when it's hot and I have to keep a vest in my bag for air-conditionned places. I also have some summer dresses to wear for dinners etc, but my main interrogation is about the jeans. I plan on packing some short-sleeve shirts, a vest or two, and some sandals and walk shoes.

Is it really that hot in October? TIA!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was at Disney at that time 5 years ago, and I live in a similar climate. I think if you pack light pants you should be okay, especially if you tend to be cold easily.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

October in Florida is like summer in Canada...Seriously. It's most likely going to be hot. I just looked on-line, and the avg temp in September is 79F, the avg temp in October is 73F.

I grew up in Florida, and there were several years where we went out in our boat in bathing suits on Christmas day!

So I definitely suggest a "layers" strategy...take shorts and t-shirts, but also long sleeved shirts and a light jacket.

I just did 5 days at Disney World this summer, and let me tell you - take COMFORTABLE shoes. It's a lot of walking. I actually loved my lightweight "water" shoes from Lands End that I wore with socks If you're taking sandals, be sure to bring a second pair of shoes in case those start hurting your feet.

Have fun!!!!

beckie_scraps on IG!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

I'm about 35 minutes from Disney and I can tell you that it will still be very hot. If you tend to be cold (my sister is like that) then you will probably be ok in capri length pants and you may want a light jacket at night (especially in the restaurants).

Old 07-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

This was us on Sept 26th 2 years ago at Disney...my sister is in capris...my mother and I who get very hot wore shorts.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i went to disney a few years ago in early november - i wore a short sleeved t-shirt and a mini-skirt during the day and capris w/ a short-sleeved shirt in the evenings ...

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 07-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you ladies!

ugh, this is causing me such anxiety and it's a ridiculous issue, I know, but I've spent so much on clothes this year! Went from a size 28 to a current 14 (a little snug), but sometimes, my body changes so much in the course of just a couple of days. Plus, my thighs and hips do not shrink at the same rate of the rest of my body, so it's causing me real problems to buy pants other than jeans that have a little stretch in them or yoga pants.

I've got some yoga capris (that I just bought but are already a little big) and some long jeans that I'm probably going to have altered, because my MIL sews.

The weight loss is a blessing but the clothing part is stressful for me, especially when it comes to planning a trip.