Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-04-2021, 03:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyM View Post
Does this mean I have to actually do things like clean house today?
NOPW....

Old 10-04-2021, 03:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Instantly- productivity just increased throughout the world!
LOL!!!!

Old 10-04-2021, 03:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I take a late lunch so I can watch my soap and my bestie and I had to live chat on text since messenger was down. Not nearly as convenient! (oh first world problems!) lol
Thanks goodness I did my sale shopping last night. You got my money Kristin!
Old 10-04-2021, 04:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I’ve been at work all day so will have to check out these stories. I only knew about the outage because I jumped on here during a break.
Old 10-04-2021, 04:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It's driving me bonkers... and making me realize how much time I spend there. Time for some changes I think.

Old 10-04-2021, 04:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Everyone at Twitter is going nuts with theories. Main one is a bunch of coding has been deleted which means they’re not actually down but gone! Yikes! Another is that it’ll take a week for it to be fixed. All I know is I was on my way to promote my DSD layouts this morning and poof
Old 10-04-2021, 04:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You know, it's kind of a relief in a way? Like I CAN'T go check Facebook or Instagram, so I just move on with my life and it's not giving me the side-eye. I actually kind of hate FB, and I even deactivated my account for several years. The only reason I still have it is for scrapbook stuff. I DO like messenger, so there's that. I also agree with Brook--it's creepy that we have let a corporation have such control over our lives and means of communication. How do we change it, though? What do we do instead? (Go on Pinterest? lol, I love pinterest so much.)

Old 10-04-2021, 05:07 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
You know, it's kind of a relief in a way? Like I CAN'T go check Facebook or Instagram, so I just move on with my life and it's not giving me the side-eye. I actually kind of hate FB, and I even deactivated my account for several years. The only reason I still have it is for scrapbook stuff. I DO like messenger, so there's that. I also agree with Brook--it's creepy that we have let a corporation have such control over our lives and means of communication. How do we change it, though? What do we do instead? (Go on Pinterest? lol, I love pinterest so much.)
We go to the forums! Remember pre-Facebook? I had so many forums I frequented. I also visited more blogs, commented on them, and had my own blog. I also knew people’s phone numbers by heart at one point. I’ve recently realized that if I ever lose my phone I don’t know my kids’ cellphone numbers by heart! Eek

Old 10-04-2021, 05:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie Stroud View Post
It's driving me bonkers... and making me realize how much time I spend there. Time for some changes I think.
ME TOO, it's a bit concerning!

Old 10-04-2021, 05:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroRen View Post
Everyone at Twitter is going nuts with theories. Main one is a bunch of coding has been deleted which means they’re not actually down but gone! Yikes! Another is that it’ll take a week for it to be fixed. All I know is I was on my way to promote my DSD layouts this morning and poof
I am guessing they have been hacked. We will see how much damage it will happen!

Old 10-04-2021, 05:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
my BFF and I talk all day every day on messenger..... we both agree we wouldn't have made it through the past almost 2 years without our chats...... we don't have a backup plan..... when things are back up and running we NEED to make a backup plan.
right?! Time for a backup plan. A lot of ours was whatsapp, but with that being owned by Zuck, looks like we'll have to find a backup to our backup after we all get back online to chat with one another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
I forgot about Hello! My favorite was always ICQ..... I still can't say "uh-oh" without it sounding like an incoming ICQ message LOL
yes!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I think this is eye-opening… how much they control when it comes to our connection to news, each other, and so much more. It almost makes me want to quit FB/IG entirely to be free of them. I hate that if they shut down it shuts down my life in a lot of ways. Wow. Haha
We were just talking to a friend when he said his wife couldn't reach him on messenger. I said it's all down and has been down all day. He goes "what would the world do if we didn't have all these apps?" My other friend pipes up, "I think that's what we are experiencing right now!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammybean04 View Post
My son just saw a post that said hackers stole 1.5 billion FB users information from this outage. If this is true it makes me really angry, especially since I was just caught in the TMobile hack. Why are these HUGE companies not doing more to protect users?
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry you were part of that hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
And, isn't it ironic that FB has to post updates to Twitter

Quote:
We go to the forums! Remember pre-Facebook? I had so many forums I frequented. I also visited more blogs, commented on them, and had my own blog. I also knew people’s phone numbers by heart at one point. I’ve recently realized that if I ever lose my phone I don’t know my kids’ cellphone numbers by heart! Eek
I know a lot of my friend's numbers without having to look them up. I can't say them, I have to "pretend" punching the numbers in to tell you what they are!
Old 10-04-2021, 05:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I have had my phone number for months now and I STILL can't remember it lol
Old 10-04-2021, 05:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Productivity step no.1 today: massive Costco run. Got a new external portable SSD hard drive because I've almost filled mine up. Hubby chocked at price but it would have cost lots more elsewhere.

Chatted with family on Zoom for a few minutes when I got home and didn't feel the need to kill any of them this week (kidding)(not kidding)(sort of kidding)(you know what I mean)

And now I'm off to the grocery store because we are out of fresh food!!! BBQ steaks coming tonight! mmmm

Back to check in here later.
Old 10-04-2021, 05:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I checked out an audiobook from the library……missed a good 3 chapters as I had a nap
Old 10-04-2021, 06:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I didn't even try to go for a blackout on the DSD bingo because of the FB prompt. I have four old photos on Instagram and that is all the social media for me. I'm sorry all of you are missing it, but it's nice for me to see some chatting in the forum. I've been lonely without you all! LOL
Old 10-04-2021, 06:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not to be too doomsday but PLEASE memorize your loved ones' phone numbers. My friend's son lives by himself out of state and was in a bad car accident and his phone was smashed. It took 2 days for him to get ahold of anyone because he didn't know anyone's numbers. It was a Friday night and no one was at their work locations so he couldn't use that as a backup. His mom had a hunch and was frantically calling hospitals three states away and couldn't find him because they'd entered his name with a typo on top of it.
Old 10-04-2021, 06:42 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I still prefer forums to FB groups. A scrapping forum that I started with over 20 years ago has gone through several changes over the years. We still have a forum but not many of the members have joined it. They prefer to post in the FB group a member started. Several of us keep encouraging them to join the forum. They say nope, they prefer FB. Will be interesting to see if today's outage will change their minds.

I do use messenger a lot and think I need to get phone numbers and email addresses for more people to keep in touch in times like this.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Yes I noticed too but needed to grab a kit from one of my designers from there! It was still in my old feed on my phone so I was able to email it to myself. lol so silly to be so reliant on those social media.
Wouldn't it be nice if the designers could just host their CT groups here instead of on FB?! I'm only on FB still because of my scrappy requirements. I wish I could drop it all together. I'd love to see the forum here upgraded so it was more user-friendly, with better notifications and the like, but I don't see that happening. A girl can dream though.
Old 10-04-2021, 07:53 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Personally, I detest FB and rarely go on IG - I only use them for scrapping stuff now, and they're not my first choice. I just found them to be a huge timewaster.

Forums: I miss them. I used to be very active on a few forums (mostly paper scrapping) years ago (2 peas & there was another one that I can't remember the name now ). I really love the aspect of forums over FB groups.

Old 10-04-2021, 08:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

all are back up, at least for me, hope for you guys too.

must've been a fun time at FB headquarters, lol