Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-17-2021, 10:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default This made me laugh so hard

My DIL sent me these photos of my grand dog in this year's Halloween costume:

My baby has the patience of a saint with all the crazy things her mom does to her. And she does a lot of crazy things to her. Every Halloween she gets a new costume. Last year she was a hot dog and her sister was a taco.

My DIL takes photos of my grand babies so much that they all stop and strike a pose when she pulls out her phone. No lie. It is hysterical. My son just shakes his head and wonders what life will be like when they have kids.

Are you someone who dresses up your pets in clothes?

I put quilted harnesses on mine that look like little jackets when we go for a walk. I even tell them to go get their jackets and they will race off and bring them back. LOL But I don't dress them up for Halloween or put clothes on them.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Tooo adorable….. my dog got dressed up once…. I really stink at follow through with costumes!! My daughter would love it if I dressed him up more….since I’m the only one he would really allow to do that. Now I want to see all the photos!!!
Old 10-18-2021, 11:45 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Yep, I have costumes for my dog, current and past. Peyton rocks a great OSU Buckeyes cheerleader outfit during the fall.

Many years ago when I had only Pepper, I bought a prisoner Halloween outfit for him. When I added Paige, I found her personality was more fitting to the "troublemaker" outfit and I found a Sheriff's outfit for Pepper. We went to a gathering of the Havanese club in Toledo and they had a costume contest. Pepper and Paige won. I also had Christmas outfits made especially for them... a vest for Pepper and a dress for Paige. They also had OSU Buckeye apparel as well. Cheerleading dress for Paige, jersey for Pepper and sweaters for both of them. Not to mention the sweaters they wore when playing in the snow (silky and long hair means snowballs if not covered).

I still have all those outfits and have added some just for Peyton. She's got a different dress to wear for Christmas. When it is cold, I pull out a OSU sweater for her as well. And, a generic sweater for playing in the snow although she's not a fan of it like Pepper and Paige were. 5 minutes on the patio and she's done. The other 2 would stay out forever if I would have let them!
Old 10-18-2021, 12:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Nope, don't put costumes on my pup. I don't think she'd like it that much though. lol
That costume is too cute!!!

Old 10-18-2021, 01:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Haha cute!

We have a hot dog costume for Gaston, our French Bulldog. We put him in maybe a couple times. But he's not friendly so we don't take him trick or treating anymore.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Awwwww! that is so adorable!

Old 10-18-2021, 03:27 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

My goldendoodle baby will be a witch this year. Last year she matched my son and was his co-pilot. We do have sweatshirts and jackets and booties for her in the winter as it gets very cold here and she's tiny.
Old 10-18-2021, 11:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

AWWW!!! The cutest butterfly I ever did see!

Of COURSE we dress up our pups... They secretly hate us... lol For awhile the kids & Lucy would be themed costumes- but kids now don't care so it's not as fun- but I still love to do it!

2014- Super Heros:

2015- Witch, Werewolf & Bullfrog:

2016- Star Wars: Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia & Chewy:

2017- Cops & Bad Dog:

2018- Dragon, Unicorn & 'bigfoot' recycled chewy costume!

2019- we were in Disneyland, so no doggy costume that year!

2020- kids were too cool to do themed- but we did a fashion show with all Lucy's costumes on Nelly- she was NOT a fan. We laughed & laughed!

Oh man... that was fun to look back on. Crazy how little the kids were & how our Lucy has been right by their sides
Old 10-19-2021, 08:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So fun! That pup is too cute. No pets here...just kids that make a big mess.
Old 10-19-2021, 08:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think we dressed Kramer out once, these new gals we haven't. It's not easy to dress up greyhounds. Their bodies are so out of proportion. LOL!!!!

We love seeing dressed-up dogs. She is a gorgeous butterfly!!!!

Old 10-19-2021, 08:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's so adorable and she's rocking it! Look at her face, she's happy!!
Old 10-19-2021, 02:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
Yep, I have costumes for my dog, current and past. Peyton rocks a great OSU Buckeyes cheerleader outfit during the fall.

Many years ago when I had only Pepper, I bought a prisoner Halloween outfit for him. When I added Paige, I found her personality was more fitting to the "troublemaker" outfit and I found a Sheriff's outfit for Pepper. We went to a gathering of the Havanese club in Toledo and they had a costume contest. Pepper and Paige won. I also had Christmas outfits made especially for them... a vest for Pepper and a dress for Paige. They also had OSU Buckeye apparel as well. Cheerleading dress for Paige, jersey for Pepper and sweaters for both of them. Not to mention the sweaters they wore when playing in the snow (silky and long hair means snowballs if not covered).

I still have all those outfits and have added some just for Peyton. She's got a different dress to wear for Christmas. When it is cold, I pull out a OSU sweater for her as well. And, a generic sweater for playing in the snow although she's not a fan of it like Pepper and Paige were. 5 minutes on the patio and she's done. The other 2 would stay out forever if I would have let them!
I don't think I knew you had Havanese pups. That's what my Murhpy is. He is 14 now and is having heart issues, but still thinks he is a puppy. I love that breed. They are definitely lap dogs. LOL
Old 10-19-2021, 02:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
AWWW!!! The cutest butterfly I ever did see!

Of COURSE we dress up our pups... They secretly hate us... lol For awhile the kids & Lucy would be themed costumes- but kids now don't care so it's not as fun- but I still love to do it!

2014- Super Heros:

2015- Witch, Werewolf & Bullfrog:

2016- Star Wars: Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia & Chewy:

2017- Cops & Bad Dog:

2018- Dragon, Unicorn & 'bigfoot' recycled chewy costume!

2019- we were in Disneyland, so no doggy costume that year!

2020- kids were too cool to do themed- but we did a fashion show with all Lucy's costumes on Nelly- she was NOT a fan. We laughed & laughed!

Oh man... that was fun to look back on. Crazy how little the kids were & how our Lucy has been right by their sides
Adorable. I know Lucy is sick right now, so I understand the tears. They are our babies and losing them is hard. I am really sorry about Lucy.

Murphy has heart failure and I know I could lose him at any time. Honestly, you wouldn't know he was 14 and sick if you saw him. He really thinks he is a puppy still so I am letting him live his life like he wants to until the end.

My one grandpup, Taya, who the kids rescued in March has bladder cancer. The vet put her on a treatment program and she is living her best life ever. The difference in her since they got her is amazing, she is so happy and such a pistol. She gets into everything. LOL The kids say it is like having a toddler; they have to keep everything up and child proof all the doors.

I have all three grandpups staying with me starting tommorrow through Saturday while the kids are on vacation. I can only imagine what Taya is going to get into while I am at work. Believe me, I have child proofed the house, but I probably missed something. LOL
Old 10-19-2021, 02:28 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I don't think I knew you had Havanese pups. That's what my Murhpy is. He is 14 now and is having heart issues, but still thinks he is a puppy. I love that breed. They are definitely lap dogs. LOL
I fell in love with the breed in 2000. I had to be careful about what dogs I was around since my eyes would start itching around many breeds. I went to a dog show and met with some Havanese breeders I knew from a yahoogroup. One breeder let me hold her female and she was on my lap for 2 hours and I had no issues. That's when I knew this was my breed. The next weekend I went to another dog show (in Toledo) and when I walked in a breeder asked me if I had found a puppy yet. I said that I hadn't actually been looking yet. She said she had a male available. She emailed me the photos that night and I picked him up 2 days later! Pepper was such a joy that I knew I wanted another one and got Paige from the same breeder just before Pepper turned 2. Pepper and Paige had the same mother, but different fathers. Each looked like their dad. Due to health issues, I ended up putting them both down on the same day. Pepper was 4 months shy of 16. Paige was 1 month shy of 14.

Then I got Peyton 2 years later, she is now 4. My cousin keeps telling me I need to take her to the dog park and let her run around to wear her out (she has to do this for her 1 year old AussieDoodle). I told her no need to do that since Havanese are lap dogs and don't need a lot of exercise. A walk around the neighborhood works for her.

I got Peyton from the same breeder and she shares a bloodline with Paige. Paige's dad is Peyton's 4th great-grandfather.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
That's so adorable and she's rocking it! Look at her face, she's happy!!
Rosie is always happy. She is a total sweetheart. Don't tell the other two grand pups, but she is my favorite.