Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2016, 08:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Weekend Plans?

We have trunk or treat at my daughter's school Friday night but that's all we have planned so far.

Anyone doing anything fun? Anything Halloween-y?
Old 10-27-2016, 09:12 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Have fun, LA!

I am doing my IELTS (English test) on Saturday and I have to be there at 7.30. Here is hoping I do good
Old 10-27-2016, 10:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I really wish our church & school did Trunk or Treat. It's one of my favorite Halloween events!

I have a LLR popup at my house Saturday afternoon then our church's Halloween party that evening. Sunday is church and then relaxing/cleaning...or preparing for Halloween lol
Old 10-27-2016, 10:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We also have Trunk or Treat at my daughters school but its suppose to rain starting tonight and all day tomorrow so we shall see if it gets cancelled...

p.s. we live in so California and rain is a big deal here lol...
Old 10-28-2016, 12:31 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Well, well ... my plans include laying the rest of the hardwood floors for our home! The past 3 weekends have been dedicated to this -- trying to get it done ASAP and it is KILLING everyone! It's sad when work is an escape from home! Boy am I sore after a whole weekend of physical work!

We also may visit a pumpkin patch farm and take a hayride before it gets too chilly here. Plus a stop at the apple orchard for our Pink Lady apples -- this is the first weekend they are in and I have been craving them for months!

Old 10-28-2016, 02:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm about to hop on a plane after a week in Perth for work but am going home to an almost empty house as my boys are going on a camp for the weekend - I won't see them til Sunday evening! So I'll have a free weekend but have no plans and am not even excited about it!!
Old 10-28-2016, 09:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Two of my 3 kids have a soccer tournament on Saturday. We've been invited to a party by one of my youngest's friends Saturday evening. Sunday is the regular Sunday lunch with the in-laws. I'm hoping to pick up a couple pumpkins and carve them this weekend. We haven't done anything to prep for Halloween yet.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

October has just been a rat race with so much going on! We've got a crazy busy weekend, and then I'm praying November will be a bit calmer because I could use a tiny break. Right now, this is the plan:

Friday: Coffee with a friend after work, then haunted corn maze with the bf and two other friends. DD is at her dad's this weekend, and they're going to the fair.

Saturday: Fall Steeplechase for most of the day, then a local festival/Gin Blossoms concert that night.

Sunday: Carve our pumpkin (finally!) before heading to a Halloween party at my mom's church that evening.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:40 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have to work. Kiddo has a basketball camp tomorrow. I think we might carve pumpkins. Nothing else planned.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Soccer, soccer and more soccer!!! There is a neighborhood Halloween party on Saturday...not sure if we are going to go though. We have to fit in pumpkin carving at some point too!

Oh...and the CUBBIES!!! We will be watching the games all weekend!!!
Old 10-28-2016, 02:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Tonight is my husband's new unit's Trunk or Treat as well as they are doing an open house. I'm really hoping hubby takes the kids since I took them to the chapel's Trunk or Treat last week. We'll see how tonight pans out!

As far as the weekend:
I believe hubby is having friends over to play games. While his buddies are over, I'll take the three children and we will be filling three Operation Christmas Child boxes so we can work on cards next week to have them ready for drop-off the following week! I'm really excited about this as we've been doing Operation Christmas Child for years! This is the first year my youngest will be picking out toys for another boy in the 2-5 year category.

Sunday is church, but my husband works at a different chapel on post. So he won't be coming with us, which is fine because it's his job. But the kiddos and I will go to church. Sunday night is The Walking Dead, which I'm not sure I'm mentally ready to watch.

Outside of that, I have to get fencing on our window-wells (outside) as well as do some waterproof painting on the trim of our garage door before it rots and is a lot worse to repair.

Oh and sometime I have to get to Sams to buy ketchup or my youngest will die at his next meal. We are completely out of ketchup--which he puts on everything, literally everything! I also have to get the propane for the grill so we can use the grill instead of wishing we had the grill to use at meals!

**edited to add**
somewhere in this weekend, is Halloween, but I don't really know when our development is celebrating and quite frankly don't really care! I know the girls care because they want to go out, but that's on their dad if he wants to bother taking them out in the dark. Usually we do family movie night the night of Trick/Treating, which I enjoye. But the older girls want candy--something I don't buy in the house. Why we don't know when it is, our HOA is being horrible and refuses to tell us anything while we are battling them for work to be done on our front yard. But apparently, we aren't the only home because the neighboring homes don't know either! So yeah, Halloween this weekend, not sure when!

Last edited by Neverland Scraps; 10-28-2016 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
I really wish our church & school did Trunk or Treat. It's one of my favorite Halloween events!

I have a LLR popup at my house Saturday afternoon then our church's Halloween party that evening. Sunday is church and then relaxing/cleaning...or preparing for Halloween lol
I might be a little jealous!! Good luck with your pop-up! I hope you do well and sell a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Have fun, LA!

I am doing my IELTS (English test) on Saturday and I have to be there at 7.30. Here is hoping I do good
I'm assuming this is an exam, so good luck! I hope you do well--which I know you will! <3
Old 10-28-2016, 10:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I might be a little jealous!! Good luck with your pop-up! I hope you do well and sell a lot!
Thank you! I hope so too. I just moved and don't know ANYONE here so I'm hoping people stop by.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:55 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

We're heading in to Summer down here and my son had his first cricket practice today (Sat morning). They were running sessions at his school on Friday afternoons, but he was keen on going to a proper cricket club and learning from those who play professionally. Only "problem" is that it's --very-- early on Saturday mornings... it's making me grateful for his later soccer start times in the winter.

He nailed spin bowling this morning which apparently his coach has never seen from a kid this young. We may have a boy heading for the baggy green haha (playing cricket professionally in Aussie terms lol).

Otherwise we're enjoying this beautiful pre-summer weather. The air is finally feeling warm in the shade.

Last edited by angiepangie; 10-29-2016 at 01:59 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:02 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
As far as the weekend:
I believe hubby is having friends over to play games. While his buddies are over, I'll take the three children and we will be filling three Operation Christmas Child boxes so we can work on cards next week to have them ready for drop-off the following week! I'm really excited about this as we've been doing Operation Christmas Child for years! This is the first year my youngest will be picking out toys for another boy in the 2-5 year category.
That is such a fantastic thing to do. No matter our financial circumstances, we always go out and purchase presents for children in need at Christmas too. I love seeing what my kids pick out for others. It's such a win-win scenario.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:08 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

here the saturday is always full with sports, soccer and swimming lessons. Tomorrow we are going to celebrate my birhtday with family.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:19 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Today we took the kids to the pumpkin patch, which also has a corn maze and slides and things. My 13 year old complained constantly but the younger 2 had fun. Tomorrow we have soccer and flag football, and we also have to find time to carve pumpkins.

In addition to family stuff, I'm hoping to finish my January to June pages and start uploading them for a photobook. (I'm sooooo close, but it's more likely to be done next weekend.) Until now I've printed individual pages every 4 months, so it's so strange to get to October with nothing printed!