Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-03-2019, 08:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Summer plans?

Do you have any big plans for summer? ...Or even small plans?
Old 06-03-2019, 08:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Our youngest just graduated from HS and is looking for a job for the summer that he will hopefully keep part-time once he starts college.

I have to go back down to CA to help my mom with some things at her house, and bring things back that I set aside at my Grandpa's house.
Other than that, I don't think we'll do much until he starts school again.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have a couple trips planned to my Mom's Cabin near Yosemite. The Kids want to go camping but we haven't planned that yet. I want to read and scrap and lay out by the pool!!
Old 06-03-2019, 08:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
We have a couple trips planned to my Mom's Cabin near Yosemite. The Kids want to go camping but we haven't planned that yet. I want to read and scrap and lay out by the pool!!
That sounds fun! I would love to visit Yosemite (never been)....hopefully in about 3 years though!
Old 06-03-2019, 08:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Our youngest just graduated from HS and is looking for a job for the summer that he will hopefully keep part-time once he starts college.

I have to go back down to CA to help my mom with some things at her house, and bring things back that I set aside at my Grandpa's house.
Other than that, I don't think we'll do much until he starts school again.
Tammy, You also have to schedule a time for your emptynest photo shoot! Don't forget! It's very important!
Old 06-03-2019, 08:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

no plans this year. i want to get to the ocean sooo bad but it just isn't in the cards this year. feel free to send the ocean to me via airmail. lol
Old 06-03-2019, 08:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The 2nd oldest has Driver's Training starting next week. My cousin and her family are coming to visit from CA in a couple weeks and we'll try to do some fun things. Then we have VBS.

July and Aug are mostly empty. The girls have Church camp (they all go this year....yay for extra scrapping time!) And my husband and I are going to a wedding in Philadelphia (I need to look into fun/inexpensive things to do).

We aren't making too many plans since we have a big trip coming up and we need to be saving for that!

I would like to go to a nearby waterpark for a day though sometime this summer!
Old 06-03-2019, 09:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
That sounds awesome, Krista! I haven't been to Yosemite in ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Tammy, You also have to schedule a time for your emptynest photo shoot! Don't forget! It's very important!
Yes!! Thanks for sending that to me, Dawn! I asked my daughter (she's a wedding photographer) if she would do it for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
no plans this year. i want to get to the ocean sooo bad but it just isn't in the cards this year. feel free to send the ocean to me via airmail. lol
If I get to the ocean, I will definitely send some to you, Kristin!!

Quote:
The 2nd oldest has Driver's Training starting next week. My cousin and her family are coming to visit from CA in a couple weeks and we'll try to do some fun things. Then we have VBS.

July and Aug are mostly empty. The girls have Church camp (they all go this year....yay for extra scrapping time!) And my husband and I are going to a wedding in Philadelphia (I need to look into fun/inexpensive things to do).

We aren't making too many plans since we have a big trip coming up and we need to be saving for that!

I would like to go to a nearby waterpark for a day though sometime this summer!
It sounds like you'll have a fun summer, Dawn! Sometimes quiet summers are nice, especially with your big trip coming up. Is that this year?
Old 06-03-2019, 09:33 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

YES! My son and I are flying back to my home for 3.5 weeks at the end of July. I haven't visited/met my parents for 1.5 years. I am still keeping this trip a secret from our son, though... it's going to be a surprise closer to the time He's been saying he misses them and badly wants to see them.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
YES! My son and I are flying back to my home for 3.5 weeks at the end of July. I haven't visited/met my parents for 1.5 years. I am still keeping this trip a secret from our son, though... it's going to be a surprise closer to the time He's been saying he misses them and badly wants to see them.
What a fun surprise, Sherly! I hope you have such a lovely time. Do you miss it so much? I only lived in Indonesia for one year, but I still miss it.

Our boys are going to camp next week, and the week afterwards the whole family is going to Thailand. Then my parents are coming for 10 days at the end of July.

I also am teaching new classes next year, and I want to start planning for those. And I want to paint my office. And I want to teach my kids to cook. I have so many more dreams that will die this summer, I'm sure.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:16 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Going to electroland at disneyland paris in july.
A week vacation to the france coast in august.
And a day lion king festival in disneyland paris before school starts.
And work a lot, we live in a small place near the
Dutch coast were a lot of tourist come.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:16 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
What a fun surprise, Sherly! I hope you have such a lovely time. Do you miss it so much? I only lived in Indonesia for one year, but I still miss it.
After living out of Indonesia for 20 years, not as much as I used to. I do crave some of food every now and then, but I am not as desperate as I used to. I certainly do not miss the humidity, mosquitoes and the traffic jam there, though, but I do wish I get to see my family more often. Now that my siblings are all grown up, we are all over the world (my little brother & sister are in Toronto, while my older younger brother lives in Surabaya) and don't get to gather together much. The last time we were in a complete squad was 2015 during my brother's wedding. So it's a long overdue, but this year doesn't seem to be the year we are gathering...

What do you miss the most from Indonesia, Kellie? The food? The people?
Old 06-04-2019, 06:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're headed to Great Wolf Lodge middle of this month.
Hoping to visit Chicago this summer too.
Then mostly just fishing and doing local things during the weekends.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My sister and nephew si coming next week and we're very ecstatic that they'll be here to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We plan on having 3-4 road trips before the school start again. We'll tour them around and probably have a lot of swimming for the kiddos.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:23 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Everything is too up in the air at the moment to make plans. Sigh.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:27 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We are going to the states (IN) for 6 weeks, and thank goodness... it's supposed to be 100 all week and only getting hotter here. The sun is intense! If we stayed here all summer, my kids would be TV/iPad zombies.
My DH is coming with us for 2 weeks-- while he's there, we have plans to go "on a date" to Cleveland to see a musical & a family trip to Michigan.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our summer will be pretty low key. We'll divide our wkends between spending some time out at our trailer in WA and spending time with Bailey which will include lots of time at the ocean (Kristin...I can hear you sigh LOL) since she's a block away from it and Taz loves to play with the dogs in the water. We'll stay home some wkends too so I can tackle the weeds in the garden and get some house chores done, like continuing to declutter the basement. I also want to work on the computer cleanup and organizing photos and EHD's. I have one failing EHD as its not being recognized this morning when I turned my computer on. It has some old photos on it so hopefully I'll get a chance to retrieve those before the drive fails completely.

So, no big plans but hopefully a quiet more relaxing summer after all the drama last year with Bailey's traumatic brain injury. Things seem to be settling into a quieter routine for us now. I want to binge watch lots of shows, find new low carb recipes to make, read lots of books and go on photo walks.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
That sounds fabulous, Sherly!! He's going to be so surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Our boys are going to camp next week, and the week afterwards the whole family is going to Thailand. Then my parents are coming for 10 days at the end of July.

I also am teaching new classes next year, and I want to start planning for those. And I want to paint my office. And I want to teach my kids to cook. I have so many more dreams that will die this summer, I'm sure.
Wow! Thailand sounds fantastic! How fun! I hope your parent's visit goes well.
What kind of classes do you teach?
LOL! I always made huge plans for the summer when my kids were young...a lot of those fizzled out

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatasluis View Post
Going to electroland at disneyland paris in july.
A week vacation to the france coast in august.
And a day lion king festival in disneyland paris before school starts.
And work a lot, we live in a small place near the
Dutch coast were a lot of tourist come.
I'm so jealous! Disneyland Paris is on my bucketlist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
We're headed to Great Wolf Lodge middle of this month.
Hoping to visit Chicago this summer too.
Then mostly just fishing and doing local things during the weekends.
I've heard a lot about Great Wolf Lodge and seen pictures. It looks like a lot of fun! Fishing sounds very relaxing
Old 06-04-2019, 01:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
My sister and nephew si coming next week and we're very ecstatic that they'll be here to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We plan on having 3-4 road trips before the school start again. We'll tour them around and probably have a lot of swimming for the kiddos.
Have a wonderful visit, Cherry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Everything is too up in the air at the moment to make plans. Sigh.
I'm so sorry to hear that, LeeAndra! Sometimes spontaneous activities are even better than planned ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
We are going to the states (IN) for 6 weeks, and thank goodness... it's supposed to be 100 all week and only getting hotter here. The sun is intense! If we stayed here all summer, my kids would be TV/iPad zombies.
My DH is coming with us for 2 weeks-- while he's there, we have plans to go "on a date" to Cleveland to see a musical & a family trip to Michigan.
How fun, Rebecca!! I don't know about you, but I make a list of all my favorite places to eat when I visit CA...that's one of the treats of being "back home".
I hope you have a wonderful date with DH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Our summer will be pretty low key. We'll divide our wkends between spending some time out at our trailer in WA and spending time with Bailey which will include lots of time at the ocean (Kristin...I can hear you sigh LOL) since she's a block away from it and Taz loves to play with the dogs in the water. We'll stay home some wkends too so I can tackle the weeds in the garden and get some house chores done, like continuing to declutter the basement. I also want to work on the computer cleanup and organizing photos and EHD's. I have one failing EHD as its not being recognized this morning when I turned my computer on. It has some old photos on it so hopefully I'll get a chance to retrieve those before the drive fails completely.

So, no big plans but hopefully a quiet more relaxing summer after all the drama last year with Bailey's traumatic brain injury. Things seem to be settling into a quieter routine for us now. I want to binge watch lots of shows, find new low carb recipes to make, read lots of books and go on photo walks.
That sounds wonderful, Rae! Is this place by the ocean a new place for Bailey? What a wonderful place to recuperate!

I'm so sorry about your EHD!! I really hope you're able to get everything off. Do you have an online backup?

Your summer sounds very relaxing!!
Old 06-04-2019, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Tammy - I'm copying over the photos right now. I did some checking and its not the EHD, its the USB port on the computer that is failing. I have lost thousands of photos from failed computer drives over the last 10 years so now I have doubles of all digi and photo files but I had overlooked this drive when doing my copies last yr. So luckily now I am getting my copies and the drive is working fine...whew.

As for B, yes, after almost 1.5 yrs, she is finally out of the hospital. This is a fully monitored care home (across the street from the beach...yay) and we are finally able to take her outdoors. Unfortunately, this is only a temporary placement as it's meant to be the bridge between hospital and home care but in B's case, it will mean another care home placement (not home) that will be more permanent. They have to assess her case every 3 mths but they figure she'll be there 8-12 months. It'll also depend on waiting lists too to get in somewhere else. For now, we're happy she is safe, we can take her out and the staff are very good there.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yes!! Thanks for sending that to me, Dawn! I asked my daughter (she's a wedding photographer) if she would do it for us

It sounds like you'll have a fun summer, Dawn! Sometimes quiet summers are nice, especially with your big trip coming up. Is that this year?
I hope your daughter will do the photos! I can't wait to see them!

Yes, our trip is in Nov of this year! We're excited, but not quite where we need to be savings wise. So we are all committed to cutting down more and not spending! But again, something came up when we were going to have a bigger amount saved. Ever.Single.time!
Old 06-04-2019, 01:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Where will you be in MI? No matter what area you are in, there is something fun to see/do!!
Old 06-04-2019, 03:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Tammy - I'm copying over the photos right now. I did some checking and its not the EHD, its the USB port on the computer that is failing. I have lost thousands of photos from failed computer drives over the last 10 years so now I have doubles of all digi and photo files but I had overlooked this drive when doing my copies last yr. So luckily now I am getting my copies and the drive is working fine...whew.

As for B, yes, after almost 1.5 yrs, she is finally out of the hospital. This is a fully monitored care home (across the street from the beach...yay) and we are finally able to take her outdoors. Unfortunately, this is only a temporary placement as it's meant to be the bridge between hospital and home care but in B's case, it will mean another care home placement (not home) that will be more permanent. They have to assess her case every 3 mths but they figure she'll be there 8-12 months. It'll also depend on waiting lists too to get in somewhere else. For now, we're happy she is safe, we can take her out and the staff are very good there.
I'm so glad it's just the USB port & not the drive, Rae!! I'm SO paranoid about losing photos! I'm sorry you've lost so many.

It sounds like a really nice place for B to be. I hope you're able to find a good place for her next part of the journey. Will she be able to go home at some point?
Old 06-04-2019, 03:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I hope your daughter will do the photos! I can't wait to see them!

Yes, our trip is in Nov of this year! We're excited, but not quite where we need to be savings wise. So we are all committed to cutting down more and not spending! But again, something came up when we were going to have a bigger amount saved. Ever.Single.time!
She said she would do the photos, it's just a matter of getting the 3 of us in the same place at the same time. LOL! We're hoping to get them here during the summer!

I thought you had said your trip was this year. Saving for something like that always reminds me of the opening scene of "Up". Good luck!!
Old 06-04-2019, 06:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I've seen pics of the empty nest photo shoot! Too funny!!
Old 06-04-2019, 06:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My oldest son is home for the month - and he hasn't been here much at all the last 3 years because he went to school in GA (we live in OH) and worked in GA or WA summers. So we're excited just to have him around some.

I am the chaperone for my youngest son's senior trip to Ocean City, NJ next week. I hope to have fun despite 7 teens in the house all week, LOL

Then my husband and I will go to Vermont for a few days in early July. His family has a cottage on a lake there and has been going there for 70 years. We are going more to see some relatives than to visit the lake. My husband and I actually won't overlap much because he needs to save his vacation days and I am going earlier to help my MIL - we are concerned about her traveling alone. I also really want to be home for the 4th of July since our kids are not going with us and we have fireworks that we watch from our boat on the lake. Very fun!

We have a couple of short trips planned for July when we have our French exchange student here - New York City and Chicago are definitely on the list. I'm not sure if I'll join them - I'm not a fan of big cities. Maybe I'll go to Chicago since my son's fiancee has an internship there this summer.

Otherwise, my plan is to take it easy and enjoy the weather this summer. We had our first Friday Float last week - the ladies float in lounge chair type floats on the lake on Friday afternoons - very fun!
Old 06-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Tammy - at this point they say it is unlikely that she will ever come home. But....at any time the subsidized funding for care may diminish and that would be when she would have to come home but that would not be an ideal situation b/c she is not able to perform self-care and safety for herself and we'd have to provide 24 hour care at home which would be hard. But....who knows what the future holds. I just keep saying....whatever happens we will deal with it. We just pray that the best care continues to be provided for her.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Where will you be in MI? No matter what area you are in, there is something fun to see/do!!
We're going to Big Blue Lake in Muskegon County. Later in the summer, I might take a solo trip up to Traverse City to see one of my good friends who is having a baby later this month!
Old 06-04-2019, 09:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

How fun, Rebecca!! I don't know about you, but I make a list of all my favorite places to eat when I visit CA...that's one of the treats of being "back home".
Haha, oh yes, always! We probably have 6 or 7 meals planned out already! First stop is a Mexican restaurant-- we haven't had one available to us for 8 months!! And "good" pizza, too.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Well, that's a little better... Good that the red flag went up to get you copying those files while you still have time, though!
(We feel like our EHD is on its way out...waiting for 2 more to be delivered, hopefully this week!)
Old 06-04-2019, 10:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're heading into winter now, so I'm a little jealous of everyone's hot weather. We'll be buckling down indoors for the next wee while.

When summer does arrive however (dec/jan), we're coming to the States!!! Yay!!! Still in the planning stages, but definitely doing Las Vegas, Orlando and a Bahamas cruise. Kids and I are SO excited. Hubby not so much I hope it all pans out!

Lydia! We'll have to figure out a way to meet up if weather permits.

Last edited by jacinda; 06-04-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
We're going to Big Blue Lake in Muskegon County. Later in the summer, I might take a solo trip up to Traverse City to see one of my good friends who is having a baby later this month!
Very fun! Other side of the state from me (closer to Kiana). Traverse City has a LOT of fun things to see, and it's not too far from day trips! Sleeping Bear Dunes is a great scenic drive/hiking area! You would be a couple hours drive from Mackinaw Island too! (no cars on the island, bikes, horse drawn carriages, and walking!)

Have an amazing time!
Old 06-05-2019, 12:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I've seen pics of the empty nest photo shoot! Too funny!!
They are funny!! I'm really hoping we'll get together to get it done!

How nice to have your oldest home for a bit! I know you'll enjoy having that time with him, Cindi!
Oh my... 7 teens is a bit much! Good luck!
It sounds like a busy, but fun summer!! Enjoy

Quote:
Tammy - at this point they say it is unlikely that she will ever come home. But....at any time the subsidized funding for care may diminish and that would be when she would have to come home but that would not be an ideal situation b/c she is not able to perform self-care and safety for herself and we'd have to provide 24 hour care at home which would be hard. But....who knows what the future holds. I just keep saying....whatever happens we will deal with it. We just pray that the best care continues to be provided for her.
I'm sorry to hear that, Rae. It would be a lot of work on you to have to do all of her care. I'll be praying for you all

Quote:
Haha, oh yes, always! We probably have 6 or 7 meals planned out already! First stop is a Mexican restaurant-- we haven't had one available to us for 8 months!! And "good" pizza, too.
That's awesome, Rebecca!! That's one of the joys of being "home"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
We're heading into winter now, so I'm a little jealous of everyone's hot weather. We'll be buckling down indoors for the next wee while.

When summer does arrive however (dec/jan), we're coming to the States!!! Yay!!! Still in the planning stages, but definitely doing Las Vegas, Orlando and a Bahamas cruise. Kids and I are SO excited. Hubby not so much I hope it all pans out!

Lydia! We'll have to figure out a way to meet up if weather permits.
I always forget that the other side of the world is on the opposite season as us.
Jacinda, I'll trade the hot weather for colder weather! LOL! I'm not a fan of summer... other than rafting down the river, which almost makes it worth the weather!
How long will you be in the states in Dec/Jan??! That's exciting!!
Old 06-05-2019, 01:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yay! Sounds so fun! Glad you chose warmer places to go in the States since it will be cold in Dec/Jan!
Old 06-05-2019, 01:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Jacinda, I'll trade the hot weather for colder weather! LOL! I'm not a fan of summer... other than rafting down the river, which almost makes it worth the weather!
How long will you be in the states in Dec/Jan??! That's exciting!!
Tentative dates at the moment are 18 Dec to 10 Jan.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Besides moving...nope, none. No big plans not related to moving. I actually can't wait for it to be July already!
Old 06-05-2019, 05:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm jealous with everyone's plans for summer...
Like Jacinda, we are starting winter season now...
2 days ago was the coldest for us (so far) - it was 2'C at night... brrr...
But, during winter break in July, we plan to go away for two weeks and might be hitting the slope to ski

Old 06-05-2019, 09:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Tentative dates at the moment are 18 Dec to 10 Jan.
That's a great time to be here!! I can't wait to see all your photos from that trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Besides moving...nope, none. No big plans not related to moving. I actually can't wait for it to be July already!
Your move is a big deal, Wendy! LOL! It might not be fun, but hopefully life will settle down to a dull roar once the move is done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve11ne View Post
I'm jealous with everyone's plans for summer...
Like Jacinda, we are starting winter season now...
2 days ago was the coldest for us (so far) - it was 2'C at night... brrr...
But, during winter break in July, we plan to go away for two weeks and might be hitting the slope to ski
I take it you don't like the cold, Eve! Skiing sounds fun! I hope your winter weather is tolerable
Old 06-09-2019, 12:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well.... I'm off work for the summer. That is one thing I love about my job, summer's off! However, I AM taking 14 credit hours this summer. That is 4 classes and as these are only 8 week courses they are condensed meaning each week we do 2 weeks' worth of assignments. This is the first week and I'm already feeling a little overwhelmed! My summer plans, therefore, involve a lot of reading, a lot of quizzes, several papers and a whole lot of studying!

Beyond classes, I am working on getting things done around the house. Right now my big project is my back deck. I am power washing it all and then will stain and seal the deck part and paint the rails, step risers, etc. It is kind of a monumental task for me as the deck is huge. And awkward. There are 5 different levels to the deck and it is very oddly shaped. There is a long covered part off the dining room. On either end of that there are steps that lead down. Then it turns back onto itself and wraps around to meet again. Hard to explain, but it is big and is requiring a whole lot of work!

One thing I'm super excited about is getting to see the grand baby! They live in Nevada now. My stepdaughter will be visiting her mom for a weekend at the end of this month and we will get to see her and the baby during that weekend! We haven't saw them since last August right before they moved away and I've been missing them both fiercely!

Beyond that, both kids have camps, my daughter has 3 more weeks of a college summer program and my son is taking parkour classes. I'm on standby to sub for teachers in our summer school program but don't have any real plans myself.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Well.... I'm off work for the summer. That is one thing I love about my job, summer's off! However, I AM taking 14 credit hours this summer. That is 4 classes and as these are only 8 week courses they are condensed meaning each week we do 2 weeks' worth of assignments. This is the first week and I'm already feeling a little overwhelmed! My summer plans, therefore, involve a lot of reading, a lot of quizzes, several papers and a whole lot of studying!

Beyond classes, I am working on getting things done around the house. Right now my big project is my back deck. I am power washing it all and then will stain and seal the deck part and paint the rails, step risers, etc. It is kind of a monumental task for me as the deck is huge. And awkward. There are 5 different levels to the deck and it is very oddly shaped. There is a long covered part off the dining room. On either end of that there are steps that lead down. Then it turns back onto itself and wraps around to meet again. Hard to explain, but it is big and is requiring a whole lot of work!

One thing I'm super excited about is getting to see the grand baby! They live in Nevada now. My stepdaughter will be visiting her mom for a weekend at the end of this month and we will get to see her and the baby during that weekend! We haven't saw them since last August right before they moved away and I've been missing them both fiercely!

Beyond that, both kids have camps, my daughter has 3 more weeks of a college summer program and my son is taking parkour classes. I'm on standby to sub for teachers in our summer school program but don't have any real plans myself.
This last sentence made me laugh, Sherri!! Based on your list, I don't think you have time to have any real plans for yourself!
I hope it's a fun summer, even with all the things you have to do!!
Old 06-11-2019, 03:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're not doing much this summer as we're trying to save up for next summer with going to Florida. This summer we're planning on going up to Sedona, Az to see some sights my son learned in class this past year and just watching some movies that are releasing this summer (we saw Aladdin already and are waiting to see Toy Story 4, Lion King and probably the Spiderman movie). Also, taking the kids to the pool every now and then. We also have VBS next week.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:26 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

No super fun plans or trips this year... just house hunting and moving, hopefully before our lease is up in November. But so far it's been a rough search, the market here is insane in our price range!! We've been searching for 2 months, seen 16 houses, put in 3 offers, and still bupkus! The first house we were one of 23 offers... the second house we offered 11,000 over asking... I'm trying to hang in there, but with Monkey and Bean in tow every time, it's getting old, quick.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsashbaugh View Post
We're not doing much this summer as we're trying to save up for next summer with going to Florida. This summer we're planning on going up to Sedona, Az to see some sights my son learned in class this past year and just watching some movies that are releasing this summer (we saw Aladdin already and are waiting to see Toy Story 4, Lion King and probably the Spiderman movie). Also, taking the kids to the pool every now and then. We also have VBS next week.
Oooh! That will be a very fun trip, Mary!
I love Sedona. It's such a pretty place. I always loved taking the kids to the movies during the summer. I hope you have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlimarie View Post
No super fun plans or trips this year... just house hunting and moving, hopefully before our lease is up in November. But so far it's been a rough search, the market here is insane in our price range!! We've been searching for 2 months, seen 16 houses, put in 3 offers, and still bupkus! The first house we were one of 23 offers... the second house we offered 11,000 over asking... I'm trying to hang in there, but with Monkey and Bean in tow every time, it's getting old, quick.
Are you staying in the are you are living in now, Karli-Marie, or moving someplace else?
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I hope you find something that is perfect for you. I totally understand that it's tiring towing the kids all around!
The real estate market here is pretty crazy, too. I'm heading down to CA at the end of the week to get my mom's house ready to sell. I'm hoping she'll be able to move up here by fall, and hoping the market levels out a bit for us to buy; after her house is sold, of course. LOL!! I want it all to work perfectly for ME! (that sounds so terrible! And, I really am joking)
Old 06-13-2019, 11:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm heading off to California tomorrow morning. Not a fun visit... helping my mom (actually, doing the work for her) to get her house ready to sell. Hopefully I'll get to do some fun things while I'm there!
Old 06-13-2019, 01:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm heading off to California tomorrow morning. Not a fun visit... helping my mom (actually, doing the work for her) to get her house ready to sell. Hopefully I'll get to do some fun things while I'm there!

Going to california in febr. For a 2 week roadtrip
Old 06-13-2019, 09:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatasluis View Post
Going to california in febr. For a 2 week roadtrip
That will be fun!! Where in CA are you going?
Old 06-14-2019, 02:13 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We start at disney, then la, las vegas, santa barbara and san fransisco
Old 06-14-2019, 10:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have summers off, and the last few summers I've done bigger projects around the house. This summer I just don't have it in me. For some reason this school year burned me out more than usual. I'm not sure why, since I had a relatively easy class.

School got out yesterday and the kids and I have the rest of June off, with no real plans. We'll go to the pool, do some local day trips, invite friends over, and they'll spend more time playing on their screens than I usually let them! (That's because I want to have extra computer time to scrap. ) Beginning in July each of the kids has a couple weeks of summer camp or summer school and we'll go visit family in New York, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania a couple times.

I have a few small house projects I need to get done, mostly so DH feels like my summer home is productive. But the thing I really want to do is work on some scrapping projects. I'm in the middle of a Disney album from our November trip, and I'm hoping to finish it next month. This Disney album is the first thing in a while that I've really wanted to scrap. I'm not feeling our 2018 and 2019 albums--I've barely touched them, and I don't have much desire to do what I've done the last few years. So after the Disney album I need to figure out how to approach scrapping as the kids are getting older so that I can still feel inspired to get yearly albums done.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
This last sentence made me laugh, Sherri!! Based on your list, I don't think you have time to have any real plans for yourself!
I hope it's a fun summer, even with all the things you have to do!!
I will have a little time come August. I will have two full weeks with no summer school subbing, no kids in camps, no college classes and no work yet. I'm looking forward to that 2 weeks! I don't have plans for it yet, but I will figure out something!