Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner
Default Do you ever have to take a break?

from challenges? I just feel challenged out lately. I always get my 40% but the last few weeks I just can't get up the oomph to go into the challenge tracker. Anyone else get this way?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I only go for the 40% every few months, for that very reason. I can't keep up with the challenges all the time, and sometimes I just want to create something all on my own.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I used to get this way Lena... I would feel like I need scrap for "me" instead of with a challenge in mind. Normally what I would do is take a few days off and just scrap what I wanted and then I was ready to jump back in!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, sometimes life gets in the way. I don't think I'll reach 40% this month either.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic

I've been on break the last few months. I always start something, then I trail off really early and forget about them. My creative juices are not flowing lately.

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*
Old 10-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

heh..see it's a happy balance..some want want want challenges and others need a break..so I think the happy medium we have now is good :P

Speaking of challenges......I need to do another post

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm lucky to get to 30% but I totally know how you are feeling.. I'm struggling right now.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I barely got even 20% the past 2 months. I've been crazy busy at work, and with life in general, and my mojo is just totally MIA.

I've definitely just taken a break from it for a bit. I know with the holidays nearly upon us I'll have even less time cuz I like to do homemade gifts for presents. And sometimes it's nice to just create whatever the heck I want without worrying about making it count for a challenge.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

I only try for the 40% off about three times a year. However, if I am feeling uninspired I will try a challenge to hopefully help me get back into the groove of things.

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 10-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to LenaGardner

I may still randomly get inspired and try to pull out the challenges this month, but for now I'm enjoying my break. I'm still creating, just not doing the challenges right now. I do love to do them especially when i get stumped.

I think I just needed a little break!
Old 10-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

So far, I've gotten all my points each month. I guess they just really inspire me, and I enjoy doing them. They give me focus. lol. I understand what you mean, though. Sometimes I just make lo's just to make them, challenge or not.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I'm hit and miss on the challenges. I like how some of them force me to think of new ways to build layouts and I always like the cookie challenge.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by psalm149 View Post
So far, I've gotten all my points each month. I guess they just really inspire me, and I enjoy doing them. They give me focus.
This is me I can't scrap with out the challenges. With a Dh, 4 kids and a house to take care of all the time I really need something to motivate me to SCRAP!!! I don't do it for the creative aspect I do it so that myself and my kids will have memories and if I didn't have those constant "umphs" from the challenges I don't think I would scrap at all!!! My brain is mush most days and I need SOMETHING to help me along!!!

Don't get me wrong I do get burnt out on scrapping in general but it's never for long...usually a day or two and then I can get right back into it!!

I'd have to look but I think I started doing challenges here in March and I have gotten my 40% every month. And it's not like I try for that 40% so I can buy a ton every month I think most months I don't buy more then 1 or 2 items!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 10-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Voodoo_Bryn

I got my 40% last month and couldn't use it due to a financial crisis of our own over here, so I haven't bothered this month... I should probably not even think of buying anything scrappy until after Xmas...

I friggin' hate what Oct-Dec does to my wallet.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I only did the challenges for points once, and it was the most stressful month of my life. But I love the challenges as a starting point; of course I'm not trying to earn 40% off, so I have that luxury.

If I start a layout from scratch, I feel like a superhero. I'd rather start with a challenge any day.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love the challenges, but have taken a break these last 2 months. I did get a bit burned out, but the main factor was the exchange rate. Even with my 40% off coupon, the exchange rate to New Zealand Dollars meant I was still paying full price (if not more) for the items I was buying. And things are just so tight here that I can really only afford the dollar day sales that some sites are having.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, I'm not doing them this month. I started doing the challenges in April, and I think August was the only month I only got 30%. Just too busy this month it seems.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Right now I am really into the challenges! SO far i ahve been caught up with all of them by the time the new ones have been released. Then again, I had no mojo all summer and didn;t really scrap at all for months so I think I am just making up for lost time! lol

Old 10-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

When I was earning Sweet Reward Pts...I never missed a month for almost a year-I love the challenges here @ SSD and still try to do as many as I can, they have filled my albums and I love using SSD stuff!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

yepp - been on a dry spell since the summer. I'm just ridin' in out. I know for Christmas I'll get all creative again. I never was a big LO put-er outer but projects and stuff like that, yes.

it'll pass...
Old 10-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I absolutely love doing the challenges - they're such a great jumping off point for me. These past few months though I've been slacking...the stress of work has seriously affected my scrapping mojo. I'm ready for maternity leave!!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Yes, I'll get the 40 a couple of months, then I won't get anything. I didn't get anything for Sept, and won't for Oct either. I am all or nothing, if I don't think I can get the 40, I won't even try it seems like. I don't know why I'm like that.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I'm usually really into the challenges. I find them very inspiring and I want that 40%.

But my creativity is focusing more on crochet this month while I get xmas toys made for my neices. And I have no money to buy any supplies this month because I am determined to buy my D40 next month. I've done a few challenges this month & will probably do a couple more before it's out but not with the same determination as usual
Old 10-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by psalm149 View Post
So far, I've gotten all my points each month. I guess they just really inspire me, and I enjoy doing them. They give me focus. lol. I understand what you mean, though. Sometimes I just make lo's just to make them, challenge or not.
This is so me too. I love the challenges.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do about 500 layouts a year...most are "my own"...but it's nice to have these challenges because they help me hit that 500 because it gets me to do layouts of pictures I wouldn't have gotten around to doing for a long long time. Also gives me a break from all the sports layouts (I create a whole album with nothing but basketball layouts every year)...and once in awhile jump starts me to do the basketball layouts that I just felt too burned out to do (but it's got to be a challenge or a cookie with LOTS of pictures). lol
Old 10-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM

Nope. I refuse to give up on my sweet rewards I break after I've got my 30. I'm a bit obsessed

facebook
Old 10-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to MelissaL88

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post
I barely got even 20% the past 2 months. I've been crazy busy at work, and with life in general, and my mojo is just totally MIA.

I've definitely just taken a break from it for a bit. I know with the holidays nearly upon us I'll have even less time cuz I like to do homemade gifts for presents. And sometimes it's nice to just create whatever the heck I want without worrying about making it count for a challenge.
Couldn't have said it any better!

This has been going on for me since the middle of August. I'm sure once the holidays are over I'll be all revved up and ready to get after the challenges again. I figure there's no point in pushing myself. I'm in this for the long haul and there will always be ebbs & flows of the creativity process. I just consider this one of those "ebb" times