Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2008, 01:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Big ticket items will probably be the Wii game and we are getting Sophia inline skates and all the equipment.....
Old 10-23-2008, 02:16 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I think that Santa is bringing new bikes this year! Although both my boys love that big dinosaur as well. They just love to push the button at Target, and my two year old will hear it clear across the store and beg to go see it.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I got Ava a Leappad Clickstart video game system. It looks like a little computer mouse and keyboard, she is obsessed with my computer...wonder why? LOL She will be 2 1/2 by Christmas and the system is for 3-8 so I hope she will get some good use out of it.
Jennifer!! I bought one of these last year for my twins for Christmas and let me tell you THEY LOVE THEM! The only mistake I made was not buying one for each of them! LOL! Instead I bought one ClickSmart and one (stupid, stupid, stupid) Vtech V.Smile Learning System (what a piece of crapola).

This year a lot of people are talking about getting those Leapster 2s. Does anyone already have one for their kids? What are they like? I don't know why but I really don't know much about them.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

We've been saving up since May. The kids big gift this year will be bunk beds, which since we also have to buy mattresses (kids are still in toddler beds) and sheets, blankets comforters, etc, will be costing us over $1000 all together.

They've outgrown their toddler beds and they desperately want bunk beds. They've been looking at sheets for weeks now - Batman! Spiderman! Cars!
Old 10-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappychic

Mine haven't asked for anything yet, but DH wants an iPOD.

*Dianne Rigdon*Jan Guest for Krystal Hartley*
Old 10-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennilyn View Post
Neither of my girls are getting big ticket items this year, they are just getting stuff that's like $30 and under. Barbies, Bratz, Baby Dolls, etc. oh and DD2 wants a Bakugan?
My son is really into Bakugan, he loves them! They are pretty inexpensive too.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well nothing is written in stone yet. lol

FYI it took us 3 months (after Christmas) to find a Wii...and it was calling stores every single week in the area. ...so you might not wait to get it if you can find it. A manager of a Game Stop store told me some Wii games are going to be in short supply so grab them the minute they come out...or better yet pre-order them. He warned me that some stores will pre-sell but still not guarantee that you will get the item. He said that the Game Stop stores ONLY sell tickets for the amount of games they are getting in...so think we are going to try that.

Gotta get these boys to write down their lists...talked to them about Kaboodle last night and they hadn't heard of it. Told them my friend, Stacy (Pewtertm), uses Kaboodle...and Brian says "what line of work is she in then?" ROTFL They had no idea what a Kaboodle was.

Oldest (will be 20 the week before Christmas) wants computer parts to upgrade his home computer.

14yo is talking Legos again...I love Legos...such a great investment! Maybe a Wii game if he can decide...but sounding like he wants a large Lego kit. Again I need to get that ordered!!

13yo has mentioned a Wii and/or DS game that is a Sims Creator game... but that is all he has said so far.

I did pick up some DVDs when Best Buy had them on sale a few months ago... the 2 EMERGENCY (remember Randy Mantooth?) series 13 yo ds wants... and 2 MYTH BUSTERS series the 14 yo ds wanted.

I want to get my shopping finished!! Maybe the boys can work on their lists this weekend...we got a new LEGO Shop At Home catalog this week in the mail.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

no clue what we will be doing this year. We already own all the major gaming systems (XBox 360, PS3 and Wii) and Cody has a PSP and the new iPod Nano already, Jenna has her own mp3 player (not fancy or anything) and my Gameboy Advance to use (since I don't use it anymore). The boys got a train table two years ago. We have Guitar Hero 2 and 3, and bought Rock Band the other week (since we have been wanting it for ages!).

Probably a game or two for each kiddo, for the Wii or 360, maybe a game for Cody's PSP. For Cody, we are thinking of getting him an iTunes gift card so he can get his own music for his new iPod (he paid for it with babysitting money). Jenna is pretty easy to please ... Bratz and Polly's, or anything Hannah Montana or HSM. The younger boys ... anything Cars.

Total for each kiddo ... $150-200 which includes clothing. Normally I tend to get more clothes than anything, thankfully, they all love getting clothes!! hehehe

I already know what I am getting too. lol the Wii Fit.