Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default I need help from the laundry goddesses please

So in the 10 years that I've been with my dh he KNOWS that I do not check pockets and so far I've never accidentaly washed anything ex a pen (a while ago and I WAS NOT HAPPY LOL)anyways rob put a piece of paper in his work pants(his pants are black) and of course me not doing pockets i didn't know it was in there and washed it well it peeled into a friggin mess in his pocket I was able to get the bigger chunks off but it's all fuzzy in his pocket now, so my question for all you talented wash ladies.
How in the heck do i get the fuzz and paper out of the pocket(I know i need to turn out the pocket) without wrecking his whole pair(and getting fuzz everywhere)
It's pretty horrid in that pocket LOL so please please HELP
Then when i told dh he says well it's a women's job to check pockets, I'm like your lucky i even wash your clothes buster
Old 06-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scarletsierra

I'm not a pocket checker either.

Maybe a lint brush? While over the garbage can?
Old 06-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL... I'm not a pocket checker either and I have washed SO much chapstick because of it! The rule in this house now is NO colored chapstick for that reason!

I agree with Sara, maybe try one of those sticky lint brushes and then rewash with the pockets out.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

i check them..only b/c if there's $$ in there, they know it's MINE if I find it

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 06-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

i never check pockets either. which is why i've washed rocks.

do you have a big roll of tape? like packing tape? maybe wrap the tape around something, sticky side out of course, and pat it around the pocket.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I think the tape would work well too.

My ex hubby told me that one time right after we got married, about it being a woman's job to do laundry and check pockets, turn pants/sock right side out before washing, big mistake! He didn't have clean laundry for 3 weeks. He never said anything like that again!!! LOL

www.byrdsblessings.com
Old 06-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by meems View Post
i never check pockets either. which is why i've washed rocks.

do you have a big roll of tape? like packing tape? maybe wrap the tape around something, sticky side out of course, and pat it around the pocket.
That was going to be my suggestion!!! Duck tape wrapped around your hand several times and stick it in and pat it down!!!

Or does your sweeper have hand held attachments!?!?! You can always stick the hose in there and suck away!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 06-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballance View Post
I think the tape would work well too.

My ex hubby told me that one time right after we got married, about it being a woman's job to do laundry and check pockets, turn pants/sock right side out before washing, big mistake! He didn't have clean laundry for 3 weeks. He never said anything like that again!!! LOL
ROFLMAO! My DH had a horrible of habit of not turning clothes and socks right side out... which is a big deal when he works in landscaping and has grass all over everything! So I washed them and folded them and put them away inside out... grass and all! He got the message!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

lol, Jaclyn!
Old 06-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't check pockets either so I've washed papers, receipts, kleenex, rocks, packs of gum, tubes of chapstick, money and even a dry erase marker! Luckily the lid stayed on that in the dryer or my DH would have been in big trouble! Most of the crap that gets washed is in his pockets although some of it is from the girls too. I agree with trying the duct tape or the vacuum sweeper attachment!
Old 06-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Wrap some duct tape or packing tape aroundyour hand sticky side out, stick your hand in the pocket and wipe down the pocket that should get most of the paper out.

DH leavs his socks balled up when takes them off. I leave them balled up when I wash & dry them, leaving him with damp socks. He also leaves them on the floor when he takes them off, so sometimes he has no clean socks. The rule is - I wash what is in the hamper. If it is not in the hamper I assume it is not dirty, even if it is on the floor in front of the hamper. It must be in the hamper. I do not go looking for clothes to wash.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I don't check pockets or turn out socks either. I figure if they are so gross that you can turn the socks yourself you certainly don't expect me to put my hand in them. And any money I find in the laundry is MINE. I don't care how much it is. I actually make $50 off of a friend of my husband's once that way. I would think that the tape would work great.

Old 06-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Have you only washed them, or dried them too? It's hard to get off when it's just wet.

My dh doesn't always remember to check his pockets, and I don't check them, so I've washed kleenex before. It's a mess after it's been washed, but when I've dried them, the tissue just ends up in the lint thing, with just a little on the clothes, which comes off easily.

I'd try the tape idea. Good luck!
Old 06-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I do that with tissues every now and then - my fault though, I always have a runny nose and they get in pockets and I never check either. I just go ahead and throw everything in the dryer and the lint filter seems to do a pretty good job of catching most of the bitty pieces - I just shake the clothes out real good to get off what didn't get caught in the filter (then I gotta vaccum to get up what I shook off).

The worst thing I washed was crayons - dd had apparently put several in her pockets a few years ago, the washing wasn't bad...but they ended up in the dryer and that was BAD. And what was extra bad was that was in a load of brand new clothes that hadn't even been worn yet (including Ralph Lauren outfits). Everything was runined I rewashed and rewashed and they wouldn't come out.

Happy to create for: