Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-31-2021, 04:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default November 2021: Passport FAQ

If you have any questions regarding THIS month's Passport challenges, please post them here.

We have a wonderful team and community here at SSD....
so someone is sure to get back to you ASAP with answers to anything and everything related to our Passport Challenge System!

Here is a list of this month's challenge prompts for easy reference:

#1. One Little Word : Tribe
You can use this word as/in your title work, within your journaling, or simply let it inspire the direction of your layout.

#2. Product : Gratitude
Scrap a page using SSD products that capture feelings of gratitude for you. Use something from your stash or search for words like grateful / gratitude in the shoppe and be inspired by what you find there.

#3. Featured : Jennifer + Blagovesta
Our brand new series of Featured Designer freebies are here for 2021, and we can’t wait for these fun kits to inspire you! Thanks to a suggestion from community member, Lisa aka Armygrl, our theme this year is focused on all of those special days that make up our sweet memories. From Rainy Days to Ordinary Days, A Day at the Zoo or even a Kinda Nice Day like Erica’s first kit in the series, we can’t wait for you to get your hands on these beauties! Taking inspiration from these fun kits, each month we’ll be asking you to scrap a page focused on the kind of day our designers are celebrating in their featured designer freebies! You’re welcome to use the kit itself, or simply scrap a page inspired by the title, but get creative and let your imagination take the lead.

#4. Inspired By : Family
Be inspired by pages that focus on those people in your life that you think of as family.

#5. Dealers Choice : Color Families
Scrap within a color family. Scrap a monochromatic page from one of your favorite color families (like blues, reds, greens or pinks for example) OR get creative with warm, cool, neutral color families too!

#6. Leaving Love :
Leave love on 15 layouts in the gallery and then post the link to each in your tracker thread.
Create your own place marker by using your favorite layout you've left love for during the month to "hold" that spot on your card ♥
Right click on a page in the gallery and save... follow by resizing this saved image to 97 X 97 before adding it to your Passport tracker image.

#7. Photography : Family Gatherings
Scrap with photos that capture your favorite family /group gatherings.

#8. So Sketchy : Monthly Inspiration!
Use the following sketch as inspiration for your layout.

#9. Seasonal : Buttons!!
In honor of National Button Day on November 16th, scrap a page with heaps of buttons!

#10. Typography : Bestowens Family Font
Download font and use it on your layout.

#11. Wild Card : Scrap anything you'd like for this challenge ♥

#12. Composition : Big Bold Titlework
Scrap a layout where your titlework really takes center stage!

#13. Journal : Family Traditions
Journal about a special tradition that your family enjoys together.

#14. Currently : Grateful for...

#15. List : Your Family Members
Create a list of the people in your family. Think about approaching this “list" family tree style or keeping it simple with a more traditional list. You can list the members of your smaller nuclear family or branch out and include generations of family members. You can also think about scrapping a holiday family member shopping list, a list of your work “family" or another group of friends you consider “family”. Get creative!

#16. Pop Culture : Saturday Crafternoons
The notion of Crafternoons have sprung up in recent years as a time spent either by yourself or with like-minded friends working on /enjoying your favorite crafts or hobbies. So have some fun creating a layout that celebrates your favorite creative endeavors.

#17. Details : Blended Backgrounds
Have some fun and create a page that is built upon a blended background.

#18. Scraplift : Hosted on the Blog
On the first Sunday of each month, Sugarbabe Angie will host an inspiring Scraplift Challenge on the SSD Blog.
You have the entire month to play along and complete your page.

To keep in mind while you're scrapping...
These prompts are written and created with fairly broad themes/concepts in mind and I think that personal interpretation is key. You can certainly approach a prompt literally, or I encourage you to think about it in a different way ... take a creative approach on ways to apply prompts so that they'll work for you and your family.

Last edited by lingovise; 11-01-2021 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a little question for the #5. Dealers Choice : Color Families, does that means monochromatic layout? I'm sorry I'm not sure to well understand.
Thank you for your help!
Old 11-01-2021, 12:36 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
I have a little question for the #5. Dealers Choice : Color Families, does that means monochromatic layout? I'm sorry I'm not sure to well understand.
Thank you for your help!
Yes, unless you opt for the warm/ cool/ neutral option. Sorry if that was unclear, I've updated the OP.
Old 11-01-2021, 12:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you so much Loni! I understand it now!
You were not unclear, I was just confuse with the word family but it's probably comes from me!
Thank you again Loni, now I'm sure!
Old 11-01-2021, 01:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No question, I just have to say these all have me so inspired!
Old 11-01-2021, 01:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I love all these prompts! They seem way easier than last month!
I really love all the efforts you put into those prompts.

I have one suggestion. Could we pretty please get rid of the font challenge? It's probably the easiest one to get done BUT so many fonts are added to my poor machine and it gets slower and slower everytime. And I never remember to delete them or don't even know how to do it properly anyway.
Just a suggestion. I'm sure everybody loves this font challenge and maybe it's just me who is bothered by it. Or maybe do one month with the font challenge and one month be it something else. Or maybe be something more vague so we can find a font we already have on our machine that could match the description?

Again, I don't want to sound ungrateful for all the hard work you put into these challenges every month because I am grateful.
(Man! this girl sure has a lot of opinions!)
Old 11-01-2021, 02:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I love all these prompts! They seem way easier than last month!
I really love all the efforts you put into those prompts.

I have one suggestion. Could we pretty please get rid of the font challenge? It's probably the easiest one to get done BUT so many fonts are added to my poor machine and it gets slower and slower everytime. And I never remember to delete them or don't even know how to do it properly anyway.
Just a suggestion. I'm sure everybody loves this font challenge and maybe it's just me who is bothered by it. Or maybe do one month with the font challenge and one month be it something else. Or maybe be something more vague so we can find a font we already have on our machine that could match the description?

Again, I don't want to sound ungrateful for all the hard work you put into these challenges every month because I am grateful.
(Man! this girl sure has a lot of opinions!)
I love, love the font challenge but also have thousands of fonts. I never install my fonts though. You can download a font previewer. I use Nexus Font. I have my fonts in folders and just open the program and the folder with the chosen font in it. Never slows down the computer this way. <3
Old 11-01-2021, 02:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
Thank you for your help!
Looks like we have two choices for color families. The first is monochromatic: blues, reds, greens, pinks, etc. The second is warm, cool, or neutral. That would not be monochromatic. If you chose a warm color family, you would be using red-orange-yellow. If you chose a cool color family, you'd be using green-blue-purple. And a neutral color family is typically black-white-grey or cream-tan-brown.

Hope that helps!

Writing & creating (but mostly writing) for The Sweet Shoppe!
Old 11-02-2021, 07:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you Angie for taking time to answer too!
Now I'm sure of what I need to do for this challenge, the most difficult is to choose an option! lol!
Thank you so much ladies for your help!
Old 11-02-2021, 10:34 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I love, love the font challenge but also have thousands of fonts. I never install my fonts though. You can download a font previewer. I use Nexus Font. I have my fonts in folders and just open the program and the folder with the chosen font in it. Never slows down the computer this way. <3
Ok! I need to look into this Nexus Font. Thank you

I guess it's more of a love/hate relationship I have with the Font challenge. Because it really is an easy one to tackle.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
No question, I just have to say these all have me so inspired!
I feel the same way! Great prompts!!
Old 11-04-2021, 11:45 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Another option is Fontbase. I have almost no fonts installed on my new computer; I just open up Fontbase when I'm scrapping, and I can have them all available with a quick click.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't get rid of the font challenge! LOL. Us busy teacher moms need some easy options!

Quote:

I guess it's more of a love/hate relationship I have with the Font challenge. Because it really is an easy one to tackle.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowens View Post
Another option is Fontbase. I have almost no fonts installed on my new computer; I just open up Fontbase when I'm scrapping, and I can have them all available with a quick click.

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't get rid of the font challenge! LOL. Us busy teacher moms need some easy options!
haha Fair enough! Don't get rid of the font challenge!
Old 11-05-2021, 07:37 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I have a question...I am finding many of the kits I have are no longer available in the shoppe..
The designer is still here but the kit is retired, I guess.
Are they still acceptable to use in challenges and post in the gallery?

Last edited by GrannyNKy; 11-05-2021 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 08:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyNKy View Post
I have a question...I am finding many of the kits I have are no longer available in the shoppe..
The designer is still here but the kit is retired, I guess.
Are they still acceptable to use in challenges and post in the gallery?
Yes! As long as the designer is still at SSD, you can use any of their products, current or retired.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:07 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Oh good! Thanks! I was getting worried cause my pockets are pretty empty
Old 11-06-2021, 01:55 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
Smile Challenge Question

Hi,
Im new to the challenges and Im wondering about the designer one, is there a freebie kit for this section or do we used a kit by the designer that we have already ? and do we include both designers on the same layout?
Sorry for all the questions , I would just love to take part

Thanks

Tamsin
Old 11-06-2021, 02:24 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Tamsin - Welcome to SSD!
Quote:
Our brand new series of Featured Designer freebies are here for 2021, and we can’t wait for these fun kits to inspire you! Thanks to a suggestion from community member, Lisa aka Armygrl, our theme this year is focused on all of those special days that make up our sweet memories. From Rainy Days to Ordinary Days, A Day at the Zoo or even a Kinda Nice Day like Erica’s first kit in the series, we can’t wait for you to get your hands on these beauties! Taking inspiration from these fun kits, each month we’ll be asking you to scrap a page focused on the kind of day our designers are celebrating in their featured designer freebies! You’re welcome to use the kit itself, or simply scrap a page inspired by the title, but get creative and let your imagination take the lead.
That is from the FAQ thread at the top. So my take on this is you can use the kit but if you can't get it at this time you can just use the title of the kit. Jennifer's is A Cozy Day. If I'm wrong someone correct me...I usually have the free kit so I haven't worried about it...I really need to stop my shopping but I don't see that happening anytime soon

Old 11-06-2021, 02:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

It's really easy to use and I love it. I have way too many fonts, fonts I have never and will probably never use, lol. Using this I can feed my font addiction and not worry about taking up space on my computer. I use Nexus font as well.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye View Post
It's really easy to use and I love it. I have way too many fonts, fonts I have never and will probably never use, lol. Using this I can feed my font addiction and not worry about taking up space on my computer. I use Nexus font as well.
Thanks for your feedback Jaye! I downloaded it. Now I need to remember not to install the fonts after I download them. It's a habit now so I need to break it and remember to use Nexus Font. It also seems we can uninstall fonts from that program? Does it really erase it from the pc?
Old 11-06-2021, 06:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Extra love for the passport theme this month!
Old 11-07-2021, 08:52 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Love the passport this month even though our family is rather small/don´t do many family gatherings. We are not a close-knit group because of many reasons, but I will scrap my heart out about the family I got!

I LOVE the font challenge so please leave it! The Nexus Font don´t seem to exist for Mac users so I am hoping on FontBase!