Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-08-2022, 12:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Facebook Page / Digital Designs

Inquiring minds are wondering - do you have a Facebook page strictly dedicated to your digital scrapping?
If so, how did you go about getting followers?
I post nearly all of my pages to my personal page, but the majority of my FB friends are not scrappers, so don't find the joy in the pages like I do - thinking of creating a page just for scrapping.
TIA!
Old 01-08-2022, 12:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My FB is pretty much just scrappy friends. I had a personal one but that became too tedious to maintain both so I closed that one down. A few of my family and friends have migrated over to my scrappy one but it's mostly just digi peeps and that's okay. They're the ones that "get it"! I don't have too many followers on FB but those that I do are people I've "met" in digiland or even some friends of friends type thing. I tend to do more on IG. Easier to peruse in my opinion and a greater variety of crafty people to admire. I follow scrappers, paper crafters, fiber artists, muralists, interior decorators, even cake decorators. So much inspiration there!
Old 01-08-2022, 01:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I know some people definitely have both, but like Cassie, I don’t want to manage two profiles and much like you Jill my FB friends include a lot of family and non scrappy friends. For those reasons, I don’t post a lot my pages on FB. I need to get into the groove posting on Instagram, but was always annoyed I couldn’t upload from my computer (I know it’s easier to do that now). I guess I’m not any help answering your questions!
Old 01-08-2022, 02:24 PM
Banned

profile gallery

My Facebook is only for scrapbooking and digi friends. None of my family or friends use Facebook anyway, so it works for me. I hope you find something that works for you because trying to explain what digital scrapbooking is to non-digi people is
Old 01-08-2022, 03:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't... it just seems like too much work, to be honest. And I already have a page for my design stuff, which I really hate posting to, so it's mostly just blog stuff that auto-posts, and Danica, who posts a lot of stuff for me. (Thank you Danica! lol) This is the same reason why I don't have a designer group... it's just one more thing to maintain!

On my personal FB page I keep an album where I post some of my favorite layouts, but certainly not everything I do.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the info friends! I guess I had started an Instagram account awhile ago (and forgot!) I think I'll just keep updating that rather than start a FB page.
If anyone is interested this is the Instagram link:
https://www.instagram.com/jill_jillw/?hl=en
Old 01-08-2022, 09:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I have a Neverland Scraps Facebook Page that I scrap my digital layouts to as well as my personal freebies. When I'm not making freebies, I also free-hunt (ie promote my designers freebies) and post a write up about their freebie and link to their location so they can get it. It works for me. I've developed friendship from people doing this. If you read what I write, I just don't post layouts and go. I write up a little bit about each layout, sharing a little bit more about me, making myself personable. I also get to know my viewers as well.

From there, I post to my Neverland Scraps IG page, so they can go back and forth following my scrapping journey, my designers releases, my freebies and any freebies I might find along the way.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I occassionaly post layouts to FB, but, like you, most of my friends/family aren't scrappers, though they do leave nice comments on my pages. They think I'm wildly talented, lol, but I'm pretty sure they don't realize that it's the designers with the talent.

I like to use my Instagram for scrapping, but people from my real life are always trying to be my Instagram friend, and I don't like the overlap. I'm still trying to figure that out.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Nope. I have a FB that's mostly digi peeps and I just post what I want. I also have a DigiScrap IG

Old 01-08-2022, 11:34 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

My FB page gets all of it - I don't separate out as my scrapbooking is as much a part of me & my life as my music adventures or anything else in my life. It's actually people NOT in the industry that leave me the most comments.

If I was a digi-designer (as in a business), I would definitely have another page as well ... but I'd still post personal scrapbook pages to my personal page.

But it's YOUR page - so you do you in any darn way you want to!
Old 01-08-2022, 11:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just have my personal fb page and I post all my pages there for family to see. Since all the pages I create will go in photobooks for my kids, my nieces and my nephews, my family and friends are more than happy to see what I've been creating. I don't post much else on my facebook page anyway. If anyone doesn't like it they can unfollow.
Old 01-09-2022, 02:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have a personal facebook account but I don't post any personal stuff on there. I just follow my family's adventures.
And I also post my scrapbooking stuff with the same account. I don't want the hassle of two accounts but I also don't really like the overlap.

Every once in a while I'll clear some of my friends' list. If I don't talk to you then I don't want you listed as a "friend".