Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-25-2020, 12:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default iNSD!

I don't know about anyone else, but until I read the newsletter I totally forgot about iNSD with all that's going on in the world right now. I'm so excited to have that to look forward to next weekend! For the last few weeks I've spent days helping my special needs son with all his schoolwork and evenings and weekends putting in extra hours for my job, so I haven't been scrapping much. But today is the last day that I'll be busy with parent/teacher conferences and all the extra hours that entails, so I'll finally be able to scrap more starting tomorrow. I hope there's lot of scrapping inspiration, whether challenges or beautiful layouts being posted. I'm also hoping to pick up some new releases. I want to support our designers and get some new things that will help motivate me to scrap! How about everyone else--are you looking forward to iNSD? What are you most looking forward to about it?
Old 04-25-2020, 12:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I literally forget every year!! But I always look forward to seeing the new stuff and hard to pass up a good sale
Old 04-25-2020, 12:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am always looking forward to iNSD/DSD !! It is my favorite weekend to look around for great deals and to add to my scrap-collection (allthough my husband would say it's big enough already !! LOL). And who doesn't love a good sale ?!?!
Old 04-25-2020, 12:39 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I can't remember but is there a sale in the store during this time?
Old 04-25-2020, 01:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkcdaisy View Post
I can't remember but is there a sale in the store during this time?
but of course!
Old 04-25-2020, 02:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't scrapped since 2014............ I had completely forgotten when INSD/DSD was. I can't wait to see what the designers have next week and add some new stuff to my (kit) collection.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm excited to hopefully shop (and save some money). Maybe play some games, enter giveaways. Probably not any scrapping...I'll wait until the week after to play with my new goodies!
Old 04-25-2020, 03:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Shopping! And I looked forward to the community things. I've missed this most years with soccer, band stuff, dance, etc. I get the entire day to enjoy iNSD this year, so that will be nice.

I'm glad you have something to look forward to, Rachel. Your plate sounds so full right now.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am sooo looking forward to it! I'm trying to decide if I want to buy some of the kits that are on sale now...or wait for the new releases....
Old 04-25-2020, 03:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I can't wait for the new releases, the sales, the games.....EVERYTHING. It will be such a nice and welcoming distraction!!
Old 04-25-2020, 05:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm looking forward to the sale and the games. I've been getting some scrapping done during this quarantine time. I'm trying to finish a couple of Disney albums and some other vacation albums.

Old 04-25-2020, 06:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think this will be the first time I don’t shop. With the exchange rate at 50% it’s just too expensive. Have fun shopping next week and maybe next year the dollar will have improved so I can get back to shopping.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:55 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am looking forward to it too! Usually I do a little shopping and take advantage of sales, but don't have time to actually scrap during the weekend because we are always at sports stuff - but since there aren't any at the moment, I'm hoping to be able to join in some of the fun too!
Old 04-25-2020, 08:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I think this will be the first time I don’t shop. With the exchange rate at 50% it’s just too expensive. Have fun shopping next week and maybe next year the dollar will have improved so I can get back to shopping.
yikes, Rae!! I thought it was getting better, not worse!
Old 04-25-2020, 08:37 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am so happy to have something to look forward to!
Old 04-25-2020, 09:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes! I was hoping iNSD would still be happening. So thankful for something "normal" and to look forward to! I'm excited about the games, new releases, sale and lots of scrappy fun!
Old 04-25-2020, 10:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I forgot when it was too. I should remember as I spent so many years ignoring everything to create lots of new products for the occasion. In recent years, the end of April and beginning of May are so busy that I can't remember anything that isn't on a list. This year... well, this year is just weird.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I’m sort of in the same boat with this - I may shop but if I do it won’t be much due to exchange

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 04-26-2020, 06:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always forget when insd is. Sadly this year I probably won't buy much as the exchange rate is horrible these days. I might have to just pick one or two must haves and wait for better days.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm looking forward to whatever hubbub there is!
I haven't been around during iNSD so I don't know WHAT to expect but I'm sure it will be fun!
Old 04-26-2020, 08:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It has been forever since I've been here and just as long since I've scrapped. But I got a new computer and downloaded a trial of PSE and it's like riding a bike! Gonna pull out an EHD and fire up some old kits and photos today. I'm excited to check out some new goodies on iNSD!
Old 04-26-2020, 10:21 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I haven't actually seen an iNSD in action so I'm excited to see what happens. I'm really hoping there might be some additional challenges but if not then at least there will be a new passport to keep me busy. I'm like some others that are suffering due to the exchange rates but I've been limiting myself lately so I'm sure I will buy a few goodies... all in the name of family memories of course!

Old 04-26-2020, 11:46 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
It has been forever since I've been here and just as long since I've scrapped. But I got a new computer and downloaded a trial of PSE and it's like riding a bike! Gonna pull out an EHD and fire up some old kits and photos today. I'm excited to check out some new goodies on iNSD!
yay!!! Glad you are back and scrapping!!!! Great time to be back with iNSD right around the corner! There will be a LOT of amazing products hitting our store!! I can't wait!!
Old 04-26-2020, 12:01 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm in the same boat - today Paypal's rate is 36% ... but I'll still probably buy a few things (even though I haven't used what I bought last iNSD lol)

Old 04-26-2020, 01:29 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I look forward to iNSD!!! I buy way more than I can possibly use. But, I want to support all the great designers out there. I know some have spouses that might have reduced hours right now, or be furloughed due to the pandemic. This is a small way I can support what I consider to be an art community.
Old 04-26-2020, 03:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a question about exchange rates.

If someone in the US gifts someone outside the US a $20 gift certificate at SSD, does the person outside the US get to spend $20 or does the exchange rate apply here also?
Old 04-26-2020, 04:15 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I wish it was like a week long event because I need something now to be excited about. It is getting so hard to just look forward to anything right now
Old 04-26-2020, 04:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yikes! I didnt realize it was that bad... as soon as borders open, we'll have to come up to get new skates for my son (always better for us to buy them there in BC!)
Old 04-26-2020, 04:45 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I am in the same boat, north of the border. Always looking forward to popping in to say hi and join in on some of the fun!
Old 04-26-2020, 05:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I’m excited but hoping my sinus issues from h€ll are gone by then so I can enjoy it. Worst year for allergies ever, going on week two of misery. Anyone else having worse then usual allergies this year?
Old 04-26-2020, 07:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry to hear that so many of our scrappers won't be able to shop much because of the exchange rate! Hopefully there will be games or challenges where you can win products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2020, 07:54 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
I’m excited but hoping my sinus issues from h€ll are gone by then so I can enjoy it. Worst year for allergies ever, going on week two of misery. Anyone else having worse then usual allergies this year?
My allergies are worse this year as well...not sure if it is because I am in side moreand less fresh air due to the virus??
Old 04-26-2020, 08:27 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post

If someone in the US gifts someone outside the US a $20 gift certificate at SSD, does the person outside the US get to spend $20 or does the exchange rate apply here also?
I'm sure the person would get the full $20 USD to use Lynn, since the store's cart charges in USD, I've never seen any option to pay in another currency.

I too am sad about the crappy exchange rates, but I am looking on the bright side - if there is a big sale, then I can still buy a bunch of things that I wouldn't have bought otherwise at full price because of the exchange rate. So ... cha-ching! Let me loose on Friday night!
Old 04-26-2020, 09:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm super excited for iNSD weekend... first time as an SSD designer and I'm pumped and ready to go. So glad to be celebrating with you all
Old 04-27-2020, 01:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellasspace View Post
My son is miserable. He takes twice the daily adult antihistamine dose and still walks around with a box of tissues. Sigh. Poor kid!
Old 04-27-2020, 01:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
I'm super excited for iNSD weekend... first time as an SSD designer and I'm pumped and ready to go. So glad to be celebrating with you all
Excited to have you here to celebrate too! Love your siggie Jo!Cee
Old 04-27-2020, 01:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't wait for it, I've got a little bit of money I can spend so I'm going to pick up some amazing things and scrap. I've barely sat at the laptop since I bought Animal Crossing (I know!) so I'm going to spend the next few days and this weekend scrapping, if I remember how
Old 04-27-2020, 02:56 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am excited for this years. Normally it's a double shift weekend for me, but with all that is going on in the world, I actually have off rather than work non-stop. So I can actually participate some for the first time in I don't even know how long!
Old 04-27-2020, 03:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am so excited for iNSD. It’s gonna be so fun. Lots of beautiful new collections will be added to the shop.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so looking forward to iNSD weekend!! The SSD designers always knock it out of the park!
Old 04-27-2020, 04:04 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

When I've sent money to a friend of mine, it converts to her price. If she turned around and spent it in a US based store, she'd get the US equivalent of that money you just sent them.

But every day the exchange rate changes. So if you sent it last week and they spend it this week or next, the exchange rate might be better or worse than that what you gifted if you want them to turn around and spend it to get the best bet would be to send it within the hour they want to spend the money.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:50 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have been saving up to shop the sale!
I'd like to participate in some easy games...not sure I'll do any challenges if there are some because I'm hyper-focused on finishing my 2019 Project Life pages.....only 22 weeks to go, LOL! If a challenge doesn't easily fit in with that, I'm not straying from my mission!
Old 04-28-2020, 01:14 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
Excited to have you here to celebrate too! Love your siggie Jo!Cee
aww thank you so much Cindi, your message is so lovely and touched by heart. xxxx
Old 04-28-2020, 01:17 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Hi, Lynn, I'm pretty sure that it will be US$20 straight so the person receiving the gift will be able to spend US$20, I think it's more when we have to pay by paypal/credit card that we get hit super hard by the exchange.

We are currently at about AUS $$0.63 to the US$$... it sucks, big time. We have to pay almost 40% more in AUS$$....but sometimes it's just worth it, lol!!
Old 04-28-2020, 03:52 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I can't wait! Is it time yet???!?? �� I'm a very impatient person ��
Old 04-28-2020, 05:32 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Uh, I preloaded my cart and I am gonna need a BIG sale. BIG. lol
Old 04-29-2020, 10:13 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Uh, I preloaded my cart and I am gonna need a BIG sale. BIG. lol
Lol! I haven't even been brave enough to look through my wishlist yet! But who am I kidding--plenty of what I get will be new releases. Maybe I'm better off waiting until they're released and then filling in from my wish list. If I fill a cart now I'm just going to struggle to put some back when the new releases come out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2020, 05:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am so ready for something exciting -- to bad it has not started already. I need something to look forward to now.