Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-13-2019, 12:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Friday Fun Facts 12/13

Here's some questions to help us get to know each other a bit better.
  1. Have you tried a new recipe lately?
  2. Do you use a facial moisturizer/cream, which one?
  3. Do you get mani/pedis?
  4. What's your fave household appliance?
  5. Do you read magazines or books? What type?
Old 12-13-2019, 12:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Have you tried a new recipe lately? YES! I tried this one that I found on the Skinnytaste blog: https://www.skinnytaste.com/white-be...y-chili-4-pts/ . I tweaked it a little bit. I found it to be a little bland so I added more spices and used pinto beans instead of white beans. Really yummy though. We are having a soup potluck at work today and I put this one together: https://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-po...ken-and-black/ . We'll see how it tastes.
Do you use a facial moisturizer/cream, which one? Yes, I use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Cream.
Do you get mani/pedis? Yes. A couple of times a month. It's my me time.
What's your fave household appliance? Ummm...probably our Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. It's teal and pretty.
Do you read magazines or books? What type? I read books and an occasional magazine. I'll try just about any genre of books if someone recommends something. I'm about to start Where the Crawdads Sing.

Old 12-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Have you tried a new recipe lately?
Yes, I just made a recipe we both loved this wk, it was spiced beef, onions, cream cheese ,worchestershire, ketchup all mixed up and then eggs/cream poured overtop with shredded cheddar over all. It was a rich, yummy keto recipe that we ate for 2 days.

Do you use a facial moisturizer/cream, which one?
I just tried No 7 night cream. I figured I'd give it a try as I'd heard lots of good things about it and its less than half the cost of my regular cream. It's been a week and I have to say I love it. My skin feels soft and moisturized when I wake up and the skin around my eyes seems tigher. Thumbs up for this one.

Do you get mani/pedis?
No. I keep my nails short and rarely put on nail polish. I try to remember to rub in some nail cream now and again but mostly I forget to. I'll wear polish on my toes in the summer but don't bother in the winter.

What's your fave household appliance?
Coffee maker and I need to buy a new one. I noticed yesterday that ours has started leaking. I put a tea towel under it last night and this morning I noticed that the towel is damp, so yes....definitely leaking. I have to figure out what to get and whats on sale.

Do you read magazines or books? What type?
I am bummed that the online subscription closed down that I loved and now apple news has one but there are less than half the magazines the other one had and the price has gone up too. Canadians don't get the content that the US gets. I like entertainment, photography and food mags. For books I have access to two digital libraries in our area (I live on the border of both so can belong to them both which is great b/c usually you can only belong to the one in your district). Between the two of them I have a big selection to choose from and never run out of things to read. I love thrillers, contemporary romance, young adult, fantasy/sci-fi and coming of age genres.

Forgot to say my recipe has bacon....yum....and I added peppers and about 3 tbsp cream cheese but it wasn't in the original recipe. If you want to see it, here it is on pinterest.
https://cupcakesandkalechips.com/bac..._a5y_p=1831831

Last edited by bcgal00; 12-13-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

no, but I have pinned a few new ones I would like to try.

I use good old fashioned Ponds moisturizer.

My fingernails are the only really 'girly' thing about me. I keep them long and always polished. It is my monthly splurge. Pedis I maybe do once a year. It's not that I don't like them but I can't stand it when they do the cuticles, file my toenails, polishing and the rest is fine.

Right now it is my dishwasher as I got a new one in October. It is so quiet, all the lights and cycles work. I still smile when I put it on.
I do love my crockpots though. I have three, all different sizes.

Books. I like historical, historical fiction, mystery and psychological thrillers
Old 12-13-2019, 04:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I try new recipes all the time because I get bored with the same foods. But to remember what the recipe was... oh yes! I made my very first turkey for Thanksgiving, and I made it French style with chestnut stuffing, the recipe that was passed down from my Grandma. Of course some ingredients I couldn't find because it's not easy to find exactly the same stuff I could find in France but I did pretty good for a first.

I recently tried Beautycounter and am very pleasantly surprised! They claim to have clean products without a lot of harmful ingredients.
I tried Countertime and am going to splurge on the regimen at some point once I'm rid of all my others creams.

Rarely. I hate having my feet and toes touched a certain way and the scrubbing is excruciating.
I can do my nails on my own. But I bite my fingernails so what's the point. lol

I can't choose!! I use them all on occasion so I couldn't get rid of any. They do take space in the cabinets though...
Maybe my ice cream maker. I tried to reproduce my favorite peanut butter and jelly ice cream this summer (from a local place in our previous town) and it was delicious!

not recently.... I don't have much free time. I scrap instead.
I do like the Cook's Illustrated though but so pricey. My library gets me free e-copies but I don't even read them.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I made the cheese dip my future daughter in law made when she visited. It's really good!
No. Even at 50 my face gets oily. I just wash it.
Do you get mani/pedis?
Love pedicures. Going with my sister and niece next week when they visit!
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
Books. I like suspense/mystery
Old 12-15-2019, 06:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just made some lemon sugar cookies with homemade lemon curd- SO good! It's been awhile since I've made lemon curd- super easy recipe & super lemony!

I use the Redefine am/pm moisturizer from Rodan & Fields. In the summer I switch to the reverse line- which helps with sun spots.

Do you get mani/pedis?
Occasionally pedi's but not really ever manis. I just figure I can do that myself at home & save the $$

I just joined the instapot bandwagon about a month ago- never going back! It's so awesome! I'd say right now it's a tie between my instapot & my kitchenaid mixer.

Books- both real & digital- usually from the library! I read a magazine occasionally, but I don't' subscribe to any.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Have you tried a new recipe lately? Yes! Joel was out of town, so I made several recipes from my Whole30 board. My kids' favorite was Healthy Chicken Noodle Soup because I used Ramen Noodles, so it was like healthy cup noodles. (NOT Whole30 but healthy.)
Do you use a facial moisturizer/cream, which one? I use iYura Day & Night Oils by The Ayurveda Experience.
Do you get mani/pedis? Only pedis. I live in the land of eternal summer, so my toes are always exposed. Plus, I can get a pedicure for only $5.
What's your fave household appliance? I use my blender every day for smoothies.
Do you read magazines or books? What type? I mostly read non-fiction & kids books out loud to my kids. (We're currently reading the Bad Guys series, which we love.)
Old 12-15-2019, 09:54 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Have you tried a new recipe lately? Nope.
Do you use a facial moisturizer/cream, which one? Yes, La-Roche Posay Rich hydraphase intense riche.
Do you get mani/pedis? I have only started to do so this half year, once a month.
What's your fave household appliance? My oven.
Do you read magazines or books? What type? I don't really read.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I brought spinach artichoke dip with fresh veggies to a holiday party this weekend. I couldn't find my old recipe, so I had to try a new one. It was good, but I remember the old one being better. I need to try a few more so I can find a new go-to.

I should! I have good intentions and buy them periodically, but I'm never good about using them daily.

Do you get mani/pedis?
Rarely, probably one or twice a year. I love manicures but hate pedicures. If I do get my nails done, I get a mani and have my toenails shaped and polished but none of the other parts of the pedi.

My microwave. We're constantly reheating something!

I've always loved to read. Since time is limited, I mostly listen to audiobooks these days so that I can listen while I scrap, drive, and do household chores. I have an Audible Escape subscription, which is like Netflix for audiobooks with a focus on romance and women's fiction.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:05 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Have you tried a new recipe lately? Yes, lots of them! I love watching food videos and trying to recreate them.
Do you use a facial moisturizer/cream, which one? Korres Vitamin C cream and Confidence In A Cream from IT.
Do you get mani/pedis? No...I do them myself.
What's your fave household appliance? My boyfriend just got me this Ninja blender because he knows I like smoothies. I love it!
Do you read magazines or books? What type? I love books! I read everything from romance to thrillers to literary fiction. I just love words.

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Old 12-16-2019, 01:50 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Have you tried a new recipe lately? I did. I love to try different recipes that I collect from magazines and the internet.

Do you use a facial moisturizer/cream, which one? I do, I use La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche.

Do you get mani/pedis? I try to do it myself, It's been a while since I went to a salon.

What's your fave household appliance? I'd say my keurig. and/or my vacuum.

Do you read magazines or books? What type? Yes I do read both. I love to read different genres of books and I like to read Women's Health, the Runner and our county magazine since there are daily activities for family and what's new in town or what store/restaurant has opened/closed. Right now since my husband and I got a free one year subscription of magazine from our cell service provider, we subscribed to Men and Women's Health.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Have you tried a new recipe lately? No, I’m barely cooking as it is and unfortunately my body knows it
Do you use a facial moisturizer/cream, which one? No
Do you get mani/pedis? No though I should treat my feet to a whole lot more lobe than they get currently
What's your fave household appliance? Crock pot, microwave or electric frypan equally
Do you read magazines or books? What type? Yes, mainly cookbooks and health related books from the library

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 12-17-2019, 01:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nope. I hate cooking.

Yes! All NuSkin products.

Do you get mani/pedis?
Pedis: sometimes | Manis: no but yes to acrylics & gels

Doe an Air Fryer count? I love that thing.

Yes whenever possible which isn't much. Anything that will let me slip away for however long.
Old 12-17-2019, 03:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Have you tried a new recipe lately? At Thanksgiving. I got more complaints than compliments, so I won't be doing it again.

Do you use a facial moisturizer/cream, which one? No. I was blessed with really good skin that I don't treat as well as I should. Truthfully, when I condition my hair, I rub that on my face too. LOL

Do you get mani/pedis? Yes, but not as often as I would like to.

What's your fave household appliance? I would have to say the microwave because I use it the most.

Do you read magazines or books? What type? I love to read, and will read anything, but more books than magazines. My favorite type are thrillers. I love murder and mayhem in my books. John Sanford and Lee Child are two of my favorite authors.