Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2023, 03:33 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Growing up I did a ton of crafts with cross-stitching being my favorite. I also really loved plastic canvas, paper scrapbooking, and just making random decorations for family members' houses. Now my only hobbies are digi-scrapping and reading (I love reading). I don't have time for any other hobbies between working, getting my master's degree, my family, working out, and just trying to keep up with life.
Old 06-04-2023, 05:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My other hobby next to scrapbooking is making things with my Cricut explore 2. For now I mostly use it for shirts, glass or making birthday gifts. But sometimes I also love just traditional crafting from scratch.

And not sure if it is creative or not, I love to bake too, make cakes and pie
Old 06-04-2023, 05:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Such a fun question Lorie! I actually love diamond painting. It's just so zen. I can turn on a podcast or music and just go for hours (assuming I have hours to spare which lately... not so much), but it is the ultimate for relaxing and clearing the mind because there isn't a whole lot of "thinking" behind it.
I have many friends that do diamond painting - the end results are just stunning!!
Old 06-04-2023, 05:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I am hooked on Happy Color (disney pages, daily pics, marvel etc)
I have also used one called cross stitch that looks like its name.
I used to the cross stitch on - I'm not sure why I stopped because it's so relaxing! Gonna have to check it out again!
Old 06-04-2023, 05:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flergs View Post
No crafts, but my hobby is fish keeping. I love having aquariums, setting them up, buying new fish... just watching my babies swim around. It's helping me with my mental health, but unfortunately it's expensive
How cool!! I am totally mesmerized by aquariums!! Yours is so pretty!
Old 06-05-2023, 06:28 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I grew up with a mother who was an artist so doing artsy things came naturally. I have done wearable art, and painted silk scarves, may pins that were cute enough to sell well in about 40 stores, tried my hand a sewing, quickly found I was going to be useless at knitting or crochet, stitched 3/4 of a cross stitch and then just never finished it, did painted on porcelain while living in Paris, and at this point I don't love the clean up of any craft and my eyes have trouble with little stitches because they are no longer young eyes, so if I do a craft past creating digi-scrapping kits, it's probably only done to create something to put in a kit! I did take up doing jigsaw puzzles during covid and it turns out that are a good zen thing to do for me.
Old 06-06-2023, 12:33 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Growing up I did a ton of crafts with cross-stitching being my favorite. I also really loved plastic canvas, paper scrapbooking, and just making random decorations for family members' houses. Now my only hobbies are digi-scrapping and reading (I love reading). I don't have time for any other hobbies between working, getting my master's degree, my family, working out, and just trying to keep up with life.
Wow, you're a busy woman, but it's great that you make some time for your hobbies. I love to read too. I do it before bed and usually fall asleep fast. LOL It takes me a while to finish a book that way.
Old 06-06-2023, 12:34 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyp View Post
My other hobby next to scrapbooking is making things with my Cricut explore 2. For now I mostly use it for shirts, glass or making birthday gifts. But sometimes I also love just traditional crafting from scratch.

And not sure if it is creative or not, I love to bake too, make cakes and pie
I think baking is very creative. Tasty too.
Old 06-06-2023, 12:35 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyM View Post
I grew up with a mother who was an artist so doing artsy things came naturally. I have done wearable art, and painted silk scarves, may pins that were cute enough to sell well in about 40 stores, tried my hand a sewing, quickly found I was going to be useless at knitting or crochet, stitched 3/4 of a cross stitch and then just never finished it, did painted on porcelain while living in Paris, and at this point I don't love the clean up of any craft and my eyes have trouble with little stitches because they are no longer young eyes, so if I do a craft past creating digi-scrapping kits, it's probably only done to create something to put in a kit! I did take up doing jigsaw puzzles during covid and it turns out that are a good zen thing to do for me.
Sounds like you have tried everything, but with an artsy mom, I am not surprised. Puzzles are a lot of fun and very relaxing for me too.
Old 06-06-2023, 09:56 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Such a fun question Lorie! I actually love diamond painting. It's just so zen. I can turn on a podcast or music and just go for hours (assuming I have hours to spare which lately... not so much), but it is the ultimate for relaxing and clearing the mind because there isn't a whole lot of "thinking" behind it.

Robin, it is official, I must know more about this. What tools beyond what is in a kit do you need? What size is the one you are doing?
Old 06-07-2023, 10:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I wish I could draw, but I can't. Not even a straight line. When I create something from scratch for a kit, I don't draw. Instead I create with shapes and then manipulate the shapes. But to be able to just draw is a gift I wish I had. My son always says I am artistic and I always correct him. I am crafty, not artistic, and I think there is a big difference between the two.
You made me think a lot here. Lol!
And I must say that I do not agree with you! Lol!
For me you are an artist even if you say you only do crafts.
Playing with shapes is not given to everyone, you have to have a certain artistic sensitivity that you have. Your kits are beautiful even if you don't draw directly.
And even to associate the right colors, find the right elements etc... You have very good ideas.
In my opinion you are an artist and I am in your son's team on this point!
My son is dysgraphic and dyspraxic, he can't draw properly. However, he would like to, but he has found other activities and I find him very imaginative and artistic with other materials, other ways of doing things, etc.
I draw but you know I lost a lot because it's been a long time now and my drawings are rather naive today which is perfect for illustrating my children's poems.
Maybe one day I will have time to start over and take the time to pick up some things back but not right away.
Old 06-07-2023, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
Yes you should check out coloring. I love it
I'm going to give a glance because I already saw all the beautiful pencils or other materials that gives me the want to to try!
Thank you for the idea Kiana! It's a great alternative to drawing and I'm sure it would help me to relax.
Old 06-07-2023, 11:39 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap-therapy View Post
You made me think a lot here. Lol!
And I must say that I do not agree with you! Lol!
For me you are an artist even if you say you only do crafts.
Playing with shapes is not given to everyone, you have to have a certain artistic sensitivity that you have. Your kits are beautiful even if you don't draw directly.
And even to associate the right colors, find the right elements etc... You have very good ideas.
In my opinion you are an artist and I am in your son's team on this point!
My son is dysgraphic and dyspraxic, he can't draw properly. However, he would like to, but he has found other activities and I find him very imaginative and artistic with other materials, other ways of doing things, etc.
I draw but you know I lost a lot because it's been a long time now and my drawings are rather naive today which is perfect for illustrating my children's poems.
Maybe one day I will have time to start over and take the time to pick up some things back but not right away.
Thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot to me.
Old 02-21-2024, 07:15 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapcrazy View Post
I tend to craft like crazy on a thing and then get bored and move to a new thing...I've done jewelry making, knitting, diamond painting, paper piecing, mosaics, but most have gone to the way side. I still do some Knitting but I am a starter of projects and not a finisher...
Hi!

Woww, we have the same hobby about the jewelry making. It helps me to get rid of stress.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:33 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I enjoy reading, crocheting and playing games on my phone.
Old 02-23-2024, 03:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara View Post
Hi!

Woww, we have the same hobby about the jewelry making. It helps me to get rid of stress.
Would you care to show us something you have made? I love looking at jewelry even though I hardly ever wear it because of my job, so I would love to see something.
Old 02-23-2024, 03:18 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
I enjoy reading, crocheting and playing games on my phone.
I tried to learn how to crochet once and found the instructions confusing. Not surprising though, I am horrible at following instructions. LOL

I play games on my phone too, especially if I am waiting on something or someone.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:52 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Would you care to show us something you have made? I love looking at jewelry even though I hardly ever wear it because of my job, so I would love to see something.
It'll be a pleasure for me to share some of my creation here when everything is done well. For the moment, I invite you to see a friend's collection here. She is my source of inspiration. If you love jewelry, you'll be satisfy.