Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2023, 08:43 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Default Favourite ways to document trips

I'm heading to Denver on a trip and am looking for suggestions for your favourite ways to document trips!!
I am horrible for this, I am still just doing a layout here and there for my trip to Italy 3 years ago
I would really like to just make a go of it and get it all done and possibly put in a book (I also don't print out any of my digital layouts).
So...any suggestions to how you document your trips??
Old 05-09-2023, 02:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I love photobooks for a trip, they have beginnings and ends and are a wonderful project to jump into. Decide how many pages you need for the book, my minimum is 20 and then make a list of what you must have included and work as the mojo leads. You can do this!
Old 05-09-2023, 03:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm all for scrapping Photobooks afterwards, but if you don't have time to do that, here's an option. https://findpenguins.com/travelbook?hl=en
My brother-in-law used Find Penguins when he did a motorcycle Road trip through the US. The finished book was amazing, and it was all done for him, using his photos and Facebook posts from the trip

I love the creativity of scrapping events myself, but three years later I'm STILL scrapping our Disney trip from 2019/2020, so I plan to try Find Penguins next time I do a big overseas holiday.

Last edited by jacinda; 05-09-2023 at 03:18 AM.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The biggest tip I have after coming back from our big Disney trip in February and I've already scrapped it, all 149 pages! LOL! Is I used my notes app every night when we got home from the parks with a little run down of what we did that day, so if it was a while before we got there, I at least would remember what we did.

I put a quick photobook from Shutterfly together for my SIL of just photos right after the trip in chronological order and she loved it. She's not a scrapper and would never print them herself.

Big trips get me excited to scrap typically though.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:40 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Before the trip, I usually create a folder on my computer where I can store all the kits I might use.

Afterwards, I go through my photos and delete the dupes, bad ones, etc. My trips have just been a few days here & there stateside (not anyplace super cool like Italy!) so this is usually only 100-150 photos or so. I almost always use Cindy's multi-photo templates when we visit places like parks, museums, etc. where there are lots of landscape/still life photos so I would pop those into a template right then + add in journaling that is not immediately apparent in these photos. If there were any stories to tell that did not have obvious photos to go with them, I would create a Notepad file with those notes/stories.

At that point, I have coordinating kits, all of the "good" photos, some journaling, and some photos templated so I can work on the rest of the album at my leisure without having to spend a lot of time thinking about or coordinating it. It goes pretty quickly after that.

Good luck & have fun in CO!
Old 05-10-2023, 08:03 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I'm all for scrapping Photobooks afterwards, but if you don't have time to do that, here's an option. https://findpenguins.com/travelbook?hl=en
My brother-in-law used Find Penguins when he did a motorcycle Road trip through the US. The finished book was amazing, and it was all done for him, using his photos and Facebook posts from the trip

I love the creativity of scrapping events myself, but three years later I'm STILL scrapping our Disney trip from 2019/2020, so I plan to try Find Penguins next time I do a big overseas holiday.
This looks great!! I also like the personalization of doing it myself...but this would be great for a coffee table book!! Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 05-10-2023, 08:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I do a separate album for each vacation. Weekend trips just get a couple of pages in the yearly album. For the vacation books, I put it in a separate album, decide how I will scrap (i.e., each day vs. each activity, etc.) Then I figure out how many pages per activity/day and make sure they all line up nicely, then I chose the kits for each page and one template album and start scrapping. They are my favorite to scrap. When I upload, I name them by the Vacation Place and Page number.