Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-30-2023, 08:40 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Red face Summer!

Hey, hey chickies...

Summer is practically here and our wheels are turning behind the scenes for our annual summer challenge event!

We have lots of ideas of our own, but I wanted to touch base with all of you because we want to know what YOU want to see for this year's big event!!

Any interest in being a Babe? If you could come up with and host a challenge of your own for the chance to win a spot on the team or prizes, would you?

Are you going to be around and interested in scrapping this summer?

What kind of prizes and challenges would bring you out of the woodwork to jump into the fun and get more involved around here?

Any favorites from past years that you'd love to see make a come back?

Let me know what you have going on and what you'd like to see!

We miss you and are looking forward to spending the summer months together <3

R
Old 05-30-2023, 09:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hey, hey chickies...
Hey there!
Summer is practically here and our wheels are turning behind the scenes for our annual summer challenge event!
Yay!
We have lots of ideas of our own, but I wanted to touch base with all of you because we want to know what YOU want to see for this year's big event!!
It was so fun seeing the forum and gallery hopping at the last event. I want to see more of that! lol
Any interest in being a Babe? If you could come up with and host a challenge of your own for the chance to win a spot on the team or prizes, would you?
Oh, my gosh. That makes my heart flutter! I have a ton of interest in being a Babe! My wheels are now spinning thinking up a challenge to host. lol
Yep. I have two day trips to take our youngest fella to camp and then to pick him up. But, I plan to be around scrapping otherwise. We do start school back up a week into August, but I still fit scrapping in.
What kind of prizes and challenges would bring you out of the woodwork to jump into the fun and get more involved around here?
All of them. Actually, I think I'm usually involved anyway.
I'm looking forward to it, too!
Old 05-30-2023, 09:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

As per usual, I know that the event will be ah-mazing! You and the Babes never cease to amaze me, Robin!

Like Charlene, my heart did a little flip flop when I read your question! Interest in being a Babe (challenge ... layout ... blog ... cheerleader ... any or all) … Yes, yes and yes! I've got some challenge ideas in my wheelhouse!

Check! We are taking a few weeks off in June, but I will have my trusty laptop with me and after that, I have alllll summer long

Any (all!) events / challenges / prizes from SSD puts my scrapping mojo in high gear and I do love the non-scrapping challenges as well!!

I will have to give that some thought … there have been so many awesome challenges over the years …!

Last edited by JillW; 06-06-2023 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-30-2023, 10:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1000% yes!

Almost all of it! We have a few vacations but nothing more than the usual around here!

Store giftcards- also some other rewards- like persnickety prints credits or other scrapbooking related gifts/prizes (year subscription to Scrapbook and Cards magazine or Creative Scrapbooker magazine; Scrapbook.com or Creative Market giftcard; etc) However, I'm always all-in regardless!

I can't remember what it was called but something like Summer Getaway and the challenges spotlighted people's home (town/city/state/province) or where ever they called home. It was fun to learn about other parts of the world!

We have a LOT of softball weekends, but pretty chill weekdays (I just work part time, so home most of the time with the kids!) We're planning to do some fun hikes and other things now that they are older- also to make sure they don't spend the entire day on xbox or screens!

I think more relaxed challenges- likely weekly is more doable in the Summer months! I'd also like to see fun summer themes (Summertime and the livin's easy!) Also non-scrap (gallery comments!) challenges are fun too and encourage more forum involvement and are never a bad idea!

Last edited by AmieN1; 05-30-2023 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-30-2023, 10:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah--can't wait! This summer is finally less busy, so I'll be around and looking for inspiration to keep me scrapping. I know you'll all come up with something fabulous! My preferences:

-Something that can accommodate absences, like being away for a week (e.g. you have a chance to make up what you missed or can skip that week without a significant penalty).

-Challenges that are open ended enough that we may be able to make them work with the photos or stories already on our to-scrap lists. Personally, I like templates/sketches, recipes, scraplifts, Neapolitan, and broad themes (vacation, celebration, etc.), but I'm open to anything that I can make fit my photos!

-Prizes that everyone gets for participating in a challenge, like collecting pieces of a collaboration. Big prizes or things we get if we complete a specific number of challenges are fine in addition, but I find frequent guaranteed prizes more motivating.
Old 05-30-2023, 10:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hey, hey chickies...

Yay for summer!!

1000% would love to be a babe and would do what I could to have a chance

Summer is busy for us with our yearly 2 week road trip in July, visiting family, 2 trips with hubby and more time with family (mom has cancer and will be having surgery this summer). Our trips this summer are a little more laid back than previous years so I should be able to make time

I loved the flexibility of last year and being able to get them as I had time.

Father's day weekend hubby and I are running away alone! July 8 to 15 or 16will be a road trip to VA/WV area as well as the NC coast. July 26/27 hubby and I are going to Utah for a week or so...part as a getaway for us then a work conference for him...then back to VA to get the youngest kid that we left behind with grandparents. So flexibility is key
My favorite challenges are the scraplifts, paper to digi, slow scraps

Old 05-30-2023, 11:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I know these opportunities don't come around often so I would definitely give it a shot.

Mostly around-We leave this Saturday for a week in FL, staying at Universal Studios hotel and doing all the theme parks. Then myself and 2 of my sisters are going on a Mediterranean cruise leaving 6/28. Nothing planned after that.

Any opportunity to win free stuff would get my attention!

I loved the Summer Getaway challenge from 2019!
Old 05-31-2023, 11:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our summer plans revolve around College move in and move out, and since everyone is home currently....yay for hopefully more scrapping time!

I would be interested in challenges where you are guaranteed to win/earn a prize for completing them! The "chance" to win a prize doesn't appeal to me, because I find myself not as motivated when there is only a slight chance I will be one of the major winners. I like to be rewarded for my hardwork! Prize levels with guarantee at each level, not just a possibility would be good ones! (ex: complete 1-5 challenges and earn this prize, complete 6-10 challenges and earn the 1st prize + this next prize, complete 11-15 challenges earn both of the other prizes + this new prize etc.)

As far as past challenges, it would be fun to do a combination of all! Pick a few that were popular (due to amount of people who participated in a certain one) from different years, combine them with new ones created just for this summer! It could be a summer "cool off" or "rewind" with a mix of new and older challenges!

Sounds fun, and I am excited to jump back in!
Old 05-31-2023, 02:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's been kinda hectic the past few weeks in my life and with the pool season starting and all 3 of my girls on the swim team I don't think I'll have any extra time to scrap (no more than usual I mean, maybe a bit less than usual)

Good luck to all the Babes wannabe out there! I've never wanted that for myself because I get overwhelmed with too much.
Old 05-31-2023, 04:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have no interest in being a babe. I prefer to scrap what I want, with what I want, with no pressure!

We have 1 long vacation planned and 1 short one, but I also have reduced working hours in the summer, so I am hoping to have some time to scrap.

I like challenges that are not super specific. I don't want to have to scrap about a certain thing because that might not be something that interests me. I scrapbook for myself and my memories. If a prompt doesn't fit with that, then I have no interest in making a page just to meet a challenge. I like scraplift chains, some template challenges and just random games and gallery comments. I also like the scraplift a babe's page we've done in the past. I do not like paper to digi challenges because I hate scrapping without a template and I don't like super involved challenges that require a lot of time with no real gain from it. It's also nice to have a longer time period to complete challenges so that you can do them if you are traveling or out of pocket.

Nothing that I recall other than lifting a babe or scraplifts.

Some designer specific challenges would be fun to win something from their store without it being a requirement to do all of the designers' challenges. Most of us have a few favorite designers that we buy from and some that just don't fit our style.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:29 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I really enjoyed the chance to earn the 50% off coupon last summer.
Old 05-31-2023, 10:03 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yes! And more yes!!! That sounds like so much fun!

I am around except for a couple weeks of camping - low key summer, we're building a deck so vacations will be more like stay-cations lol

Store prizes/gift cards, guest Babe or Babe spots, heck even collab pieces to collect get me motivated in the past lol
I'm a 'completer' - as long as I get started I will try to complete it all. The problem is getting started sometimes!

I loved the Scrap-It-Summer and Scrap-a-thon, but I also like the more relaxed pace like the This or That challenges or Bingo - something where if you miss a day because you're away or busy a day or two you haven't wrecked the whole challenge. I found both of those really motivating to scrap like a fool, and I love the pages I created during those challenges.

Can't wait to see what the summer brings!!

Old 06-01-2023, 08:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hey Robin

Can't wait to see what you have for this summer!

I admit I'm not sure what I want to see. I love playing last year summer challenges and it helps me a lot to scrap a tons of layout as I'm more a slow scrapper lol but on the other hand, I would enjoy something with more time.
Sometimes I feel stressed not having time to complete my challenges and it's not a good thing. I agree with other ladies, something you can do without a too short time.
I also like not too specific challenges because sometimes I just can't fit my pictures with the theme and had to use some other that wasn't the one I want to really scrap. I like thinking out the box but sometimes I just miss ideas!

Being a Babe would be a great honor but I don't know if I would have the time to do it correctly.

Normally and I cross my fingers we are supposed to go away about 2 weeks. I guess I will scrap during summer.

About prizes, I love coupons in the stores and mega collab.
I have been surprised each year with the challenges so I don't have a fave.

Hoping to be here's with you during the summer too!
Old 06-01-2023, 03:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Hey, hey chickies...

Hello, Robin!
I can't wait! I know it will be fun!

I liked the idea of showcasing where everyone is from. I used to do paper scrapbooking and would host crops and go to crops. It was a wonderful time with friends and to make new friends. It would be great to have something where people could maybe sign up for teams according to where they are from and work on contests together with their group.

Is grass green? Do dogs bark? Is SSD awesome? Yes! Yes! Yes! And, finally, YES I would love to be on your team! It would be a dream come true! Kind of like going to space in a rocket but without the fear of crashing or exploding!

I will be here this summer and scrapping!

I'm game for just about anything short of donating an organ!

Well, it's kind of like when you have your second and third child.....you love them all!

Our middle granddaughter just got braces. I would love to see more kits highlighting things like braces, glasses, learning differences etc.

I miss ya'll too! Let's rock this summer!

R
Old 06-03-2023, 06:36 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I really love template- scraplift- and sketch challenges.

That would be wonderful!

I stay at home and so I have a lo of time to scrap.

I love to collect piece of piece for a collab.

I loved them all.
Old 06-06-2023, 08:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ooooh, what a dream that would be!!! I would love to be on the blog team!!

Yes! No out of the ordinary plans so far so I should be around and ready to scrap!

I love some non-scrapping challenges mixed in with the scrapping ones! And I second some of the previous comments about appreciating broad challenges that let me use any of the tons of photos I have waiting to be scrapped vs having to find something super specific.
It would be great to have some designer specific games/challenges for gift cards to their shops as well as the piece by piece, big kit prizes and chances at drawings.
I liked the flexibility of last summer's challenges with the daily options as well as having a few days to complete and the option to still do the all of them, even if they were late, to be eligible for the big coupon. I'd love to add a couple days off - like only 5 challenges a week (was that a thing one of the past summers?). And maybe 1 wildcard option a month in case there's a challenge that just doesn't 'click' with us.

I like the gallery comment challenge and scraplifts. I know there were definitely some faves of the past few summers but they all kind of blend together now. I participated so they must have been good!
Old 06-07-2023, 10:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thinking of something, I remember a long time ago (don't ask the date) you asked us to name Three people we liked to become Sugarbabes by email or PM I'm not sure. It was great to participate in the choices of the new Sugarbabes!
Old 06-09-2023, 06:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Funny, every time I open up the forum I scan this thread, hoping to see some hints of what might be coming - lololol. Patience isn't my best trait!