Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-28-2018, 04:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTD 28/11 December Daily

We don't celebrate christmas as big as i see on photo's of USA or anywhere like with a december Daily. We are in a periode where we celebrate Sint Nicolais bigger than Christmas.

But still though i love those daily december albums so much where you can see people doing activities christmas related every single day of december. i wanted to try to do a lot activities as well. I don;t think i can manage daily,

But does any of you have ideas of what to do in the december days or what are you planning to do?

Lol now i think this question looks like a chaos lol sorry for that.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:20 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I try to plan at least one holiday type activity each day of december, but most of them are simple, small things. We will have hot cocoa with whipped cream and watch a Christmas movie. I’ll read a Christmas book to my son, or we’ll go to town and see all the decorations and the big tree in the square and maybe stop at the coffe shop. Maybe we’ll go sledding if we have enough snow, or go to the movies and see something new. My son is a total Christmas nut, so I feel like I have expectations to meet, lol. I try not to go overboard, but it is sort of in my nature to do so. Balancing bi effort events with easier, quiet ones is key to my holiday joy, for sure.
I don’t usually do a december daily album, but I end up scrapping almost everything anyway!

Old 11-28-2018, 06:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I don't do a December daily album.
We are not going to do something daily, far from that but here are some ideas:

-taking a drive in the evening in the "rich" neighborhoods where you know a lot of houses will be decorated and lit

- seeing a Christmas show (singing Christmas tree, it's a fake giant tree mounted with tiers and a choir is perched on each tier, and they sing Christmas songs and there is a play happening in the front too)

-making cookies

-watching How the Grinch stole Christmas, Home Alone, or anything Christmas related

- going to a local nursery (plants store) where they have two real reindeers (and they also have a little scavenger hunt in the store for things to find)

- going to see Santa and photo with Santa at the "North Pole"(they have a whole area with stations for kids to do crafts, pretend play...)

-decorating a gingerbread house

-going ice skating

Old 11-28-2018, 06:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I am an empty nester but I I love Christmas and the joy it brings so I have a few things I want to do. Mainly weekend activities:

1. Go to a local town and see the Christmas displays
2. Drive around and look at lights
3. Bake cookies (not alot since just 2 of us)
4. Take a picture in front of the tree (Mom, Dad & Doggie)
5. Wrapping Presents
6. Go to town and watch parade

Those are just a few that I want to do.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:26 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I've done two December Daily books and its actually easier than you think to do Christmas type activities daily. Love the ideas above. Watching a Christmas movie, making hot chocolate with whipped cream adding a candy cane to it, reading Christmas books, anything with elf on the shelf is fun. I also like to include a hike in the snow, ice skating, sledding & outdoor activities. Advent calendar, baking cookies, gingerbread house, wrapping presents, shopping, visiting family .... the list goes on. I think it can be daily things but with the spirit of Christmas.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:37 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Oh, as a matter of fact, it is my very favorite topic! I LOVE to Daily December. What started with a simple advent calendar with chocolates has evolved into a 25 Day Extravaganza of activities. And now that my son is older and in high school with so much of his own activities with school, scouts, and band, I just take all those activities and make them part of the daily activities, too. I use Pinterest to help load me up with the games. (I recommend looking up bucket lists or December Daily or advent activities in Pinterest as a good starting point. We do it all!
-Watch movies or go to the movies
-see Christmas plays or watch live musicals on TV
-go see Christmas lights and Scavenger hunt
-bake cookies
-take Christmas Selfies
-Ugly Sweater Contests
-go to Starbucks for holiday drinks
-prep Christmas cards
-make or buy a new family ornament
-make gingerbread houses
-play board games
-make spiced cider
-Christmas Eve Box (cocoa, new pajamas, watch The Christmas Story)
-and then just all of Mickey's activities (band concerts, scout feast, Christmas Parties, etc.)
When you put it all together, you just about have something going on everyday. And if not, play a game or watch a Christmas movie or give back to others. What is important is that you are active with your family. It makes for a very busy few weeks! Which will be busy anyways! Good luck with your project!
Old 11-29-2018, 12:44 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Since dec is not only about celebrating christmas ,also sinterklaas, why dont you make the first 5 or 6 pages about sinterklaas. And the rest about christmas ? Or do you want it to be about christmas only? Its calles celebrate dec so maybe you can use everything you celebrate this month ?
Old 11-29-2018, 12:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post

-taking a drive in the evening in the "rich" neighborhoods where you know a lot of houses will be decorated and lit ...
We do that too!

-aside from, that I take photos of my daughter hanging an ornament on the tree, she is always the first one to put an ornament of her choosing from our stash.
-photo of my daughter while her dad carries her as she put the the star/angel on top of our tree
-the Christmas tree when we're finished decorating
-local lighting of Christmas tree
-Christmas related school activities of my daughter
-cookie decorating
-gingerbread house making
-wrapping presents
-opening presents
-my husband and I as we prepare for the noche buena (I use a remote)
-our food during noche buena
-board games whle waiting for the eve
-watch a family movie at the theater
-watch old Christmas movies at home
-our church Christmas presentation and party
-us in front of the tree wearing our Christmas themed costume/dress
-starbucks holiday drink
-photos of the snow or while we or my daughter plays in the snow
-family activity outside the house (like if we will go on a day trip, snow tubing or Christmas party)
-books that we read every year on the first day of December break

And then I bought a book in November, The Nightmare Before Christmas illustrated book, with an advent card at the back. I don't know how to execute this one yet but we will be including this on our December activities.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:37 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I don't do a daily december album...I just continue with my Project Life, that's all ��.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:48 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh love reading all those ideas. I added christmas card making on the lost, and with lots of new fun movies coming out this month that will happen too. A new animated grinch movie is coming in the cinemas

Renate that is a fun idea as well. need to think about that

Thank you all so much for those list ideas
Old 11-29-2018, 08:17 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The new grinch movie is super cute! We loved it.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:22 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
The new grinch movie is super cute! We loved it.
oh that is good to hear... we want to go see it to and also the new mary poppins
Old 11-29-2018, 11:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So far, we have decorated my ILs' and my parents' houses for Christmas, cut down our own tree, visited Santa at the tree farm (best Santa ever!), decorated our tree, bought the kids' yearly ornaments, visited the world's largest Christmas store and met St. Nicholas (not the same as Santa), and bought chocolate Advent calendars.

Before December is over, we will have sent out Christmas cards (made in PS & printed at VistaPrint), attended a living nativity/walk through Bethlehem-type thing at a local church, read Christmas books before bed, made Christmas cookies with Grandma and Great-Grandpa, sang in church, gone to Lights at the Zoo, gotten new coordinating Christmas jammies for Christmas Eve, gone to family Christmas craft night with her local Camp Fire (like coed Girl Scouts) troop, driven through a local neighborhood famous for their decorations with popcorn & hot chocolate, gone sledding or ice skating (depending on weather), celebrated St. Nicholas Day, rung the bell for the Salvation Army, attended a local high school choir's Christmas concert, gone to Breakfast with Santa at my daughter's school, attended my son's preschool Christmas program, gone Christmas shopping, seen the new Grinch movie in the theaters, seen the old Grinch movie at a local community center, attended Christmas Eve service with my mom's family, and celebrated Christmas with the ILs, at our house, & at my parents' house.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
So far, we have decorated my ILs' and my parents' houses for Christmas, cut down our own tree, visited Santa at the tree farm (best Santa ever!), decorated our tree, bought the kids' yearly ornaments, visited the world's largest Christmas store and met St. Nicholas (not the same as Santa), and bought chocolate Advent calendars.

Before December is over, we will have sent out Christmas cards (made in PS & printed at VistaPrint), attended a living nativity/walk through Bethlehem-type thing at a local church, read Christmas books before bed, made Christmas cookies with Grandma and Great-Grandpa, sang in church, gone to Lights at the Zoo, gotten new coordinating Christmas jammies for Christmas Eve, gone to family Christmas craft night with her local Camp Fire (like coed Girl Scouts) troop, driven through a local neighborhood famous for their decorations with popcorn & hot chocolate, gone sledding or ice skating (depending on weather), celebrated St. Nicholas Day, rung the bell for the Salvation Army, attended a local high school choir's Christmas concert, gone to Breakfast with Santa at my daughter's school, attended my son's preschool Christmas program, gone Christmas shopping, seen the new Grinch movie in the theaters, seen the old Grinch movie at a local community center, attended Christmas Eve service with my mom's family, and celebrated Christmas with the ILs, at our house, & at my parents' house.

Sint Nicholas is the one our kids look mostly forward to. We will have gifts evening next week Dec 5. and i'm all done with wrapping for that pfew lol. But myself love mostly christmas.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

These are some great ideas. When my kids were little we did way more for Christmas every year. Once I started working, I lost all motivation. Seriously, these days Christmas is more an afterthought for me... as are birthdays and other holidays. Fourth of July (Independence Day) is what I celebrate biggest these days.