Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default The downside to being caught up

is that you have nothing to scrap. {sob}

I'm making a book of our time in the States {July-Dec 2010}, and I have the title page & 2 pages left to do. I have half a dozen pages from the first half of 2010 to do and maybe like 5 from 2009. But when you get to those last few pages, you are left with all the pages you NEED to make but that don't really inspire you. Bleh.

I have no inspiration. I have taken like five pictures all year that I really like, and of course i've already scrapped them. And after spending 6 months cramming a lifetime of American experiences into half a year, nothing we do here is very exciting! Blah blah, we went to the beach again. Blah blah we go to the same places and do the same things with the same people and there is just NOTHING left to write about it.

Maybe it's time to move.

So my point is, DON'T GET CAUGHT UP!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Kellie - you crack me up!!! Maybe you should give the kids some fingerpaints and see what happens..........then you'll have something to scrap
Old 05-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I will be more than happy to send you my pictures to scrap with - I seriously will never be caught up!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've scrapped all about my kids life, and our lives together as a family, but haven't really got much in the way of previous history.

So......... I'm now working on a family history album of my own. I found a ton of questions online and answered them last year some time. Now I'm copy/pasting that journalling into a template album and finding photos from my childhood, teenage years, engagement, wedding, military life etc to go with it. It's coming together really quickly since I'm using THESE templates and it's not going to be embellished much. I've done 18 pages this week alone, but now I've come to the end of my journalling, so I have to write each page as it comes which will be much slower.

Have you done a personal history album of your childhood experiences? Maybe you could do that. Or collect family history from your parents or grandparents, and make albums that your kids can read when they're older. I'm realising that I know nothing about my mother's side of the family. Her parents died before I was born. If I don't get the information from her, I'll never get it, and my kids won't know them either.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Woo-Hoo!!!

When I get caught up with my son's album I work on pages for my DH's childhood and our parents. I'm trying to create 'heritage' books for my son of the important people in his life (Mommy & Daddy when they were kids and Grandma & Grandpa too!). Everytime I go to my parents, I scan more of our photographs from the 70's & 80's.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

LOL I sure don't have that problem!

I haven't really scrapped in 6 months, REALLY scrapped in almost a year. Life is just happening and I haven't been able to sit down and be inspired creatively scrapping wise. So I've been working on photography skillz and reading books again and other stuff. Now I have TONS of photos to scrap of trips, the boys, etc, but don't even know where to start.

I am down to 2008 photos that I have to scrap but don't really "want" to scrap with so I totally get you there. Then I'm done with our pre-Texas days! Just in time for us to move her in 6 months or so!

I do like the family history idea, really wish I had time to do that with my grandparents since they are 90 (all four of them now!!).
Old 05-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

we NEVER do extravagant things. sure, we take vacations every once in awhile or visit some place we don't normally go to, but i'd say 90% of my photos are just 'boring' days at home or something funny my kids said, or just a pretty picture of them. i want to remember the everyday as well as the 'extravagant.' even if it's a 'bad' picture, i'm gonna scrap it. i want to remember our life the way it was, it's not perfect, and i don't think my pages should portray our life like that.
i guess what i'm saying is, how can you ever really be caught up? *shrug*

Old 05-24-2011, 07:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

LOL - you crack me up! You need to start up a P365 project - it's amazing that once you get into the mind sync of it, how may things you realize that you could scrap about.... Just because of that darn project, I have more photos and ideas then I will ever get to!!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I will never be caught up, so you don't have to worry about me ever posting anything like this
Old 05-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

I think that is why I haven't been scrapping much lately. I'm caught up too. And with the kids in school all day there isn't much to take photos of. My photo project this isn't inspiring me as I had hoped so I am thinking of restarting another 365 on birthday in July.

I've been scrapping the dinosaurs, nailpolish & the cats because I have no decent photos of anything else right now.

I'm hoping once school is out I'll have more stuff for pics, because right now I go through my photos & am "yeah scrapped that, and that, and that one three times". I'm working on editing scans of old photos & heritage layouts but I'm having a hard time getting into it like I did last year.

Last edited by Stacey42; 05-24-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfiemountiewife View Post
I will never be caught up, so you don't have to worry about me ever posting anything like this
Me either.

"Caught up" to me is having all my kids pics scrapped and yeah... I have scrapped like a handful of pages with our new little guy... and I have 600 pics of him!!! Of course I won't scrap all of those, but that's only in a month... And I have a 2005 and 2006 and 2009 to finish too. I need to reorganize my pics so I can see what needs to be scrapped those years. One day....
Old 05-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I could find something for you to scrap Kellie?? hehe
Old 05-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for making me feel better about the prospect of never being caught up! :-)

Old 05-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was caught up about 18 months ago. I totally understand what you are saying. THEN we got our foster son last September and it all starting backing up on me again. So, now I have plenty to scrap! LOL

How about I just send some pictures your way and you can do pages for me?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been feeling the exact same way! I'm in no way "caught up" but I've scrapped everything I *want* to scrap and now I'm working on the secondary stuff that I've put off and the old stuff that I'm having to dig for. We haven't done anything remotely interesting for months now so I don't even have any good new pictures to get my creative juices flowing. Ugh. I'm hoping summer will bring more activity and photo ops for me!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You are more than welcome to scrap mine...

Old 05-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

WOW!!

I will never be caught up....I am drowning in pictures!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Heheh, not one of my problems either. Maybe use that luxury position to go and experiment with new styles, techniques and formats? I'm currently working on a mini book and all crazy for those little gems.

Of course a lot of my time now goes into pinning mini book inspiration. LOL Maybe that's part of why I'll never be caught up? Anyway, here they are in case you'd like to try, too:
http://pinterest.com/ginger1979/mini-books-and-albums/

And this is a board I follow:
http://pinterest.com/sharon_mayhack/...nd-mini-books/