Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Flab Redux Day 1

Did you exercise today? What did you do?
Old 05-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I done mine this morning, I stored all my stats in the notes on my phone as I done them at the gym lol.

I did -
7.35 km on the bike.
1 mile walk(on the way home lol)
And I did 4 x 10 reps on 3 different weight machines.

I do normally do 15 mins on the cross trainer too, but I was waiting to go on for 30 mins today as it was busy and when I went to get on someone who had just walked in the gym jumped on it before me, I wasn't happy lol!!

It was also weigh in day for me and I've lost another 2lb since last week!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:32 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

that's awesome Gemma, congrats on the 2lbs!!!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just got back from jogging/walking. Actually I call it the "broken foot shuffle". I still have to do weights and situps. I am going to try to do my DVD as extra, but we will see. Gotta loose this "40ish" weight. Turning 39 sucked. Just sayin.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Great job ladies Just wanted to pop in and send some encouragement to everyone since I was offline all weekend. I'll be joining in as well (doing 5 days a week or so). The weather tonight will determine whether I go for a run, or do Jillian's Ripped in 30.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm suffering from a migraine today ... so all I got done was a short walk around the neighborhood with Jake...
Old 05-23-2011, 10:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How do you like the Jillian workouts? I need to do something. Last night we went for a walk, but I REALLY need to get in gear!!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Elliptical - 1 hour, 4.63 miles, 641 calories burned
Followed up with 15 minutes of weights

Old 05-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I started yesterday with 75 minutes bike riding with DH yesterday.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:32 AM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aly321 View Post
How do you like the Jillian workouts? I need to do something. Last night we went for a walk, but I REALLY need to get in gear!!
I can never say enough about Jillian. She's a witch while you're doing it, and a saint afterwards, LOL! Her workouts are TOUGH, but they for SURE get results. I dropped 10+ lbs over the summer before my wedding doing 30DS.

I have 30 Day Shred (30 mins), Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism (45-ish mins), No More Trouble Zones (45-ish mins), Ripped in 30 (very similar to 30 Day Shred, but I like it a lot better - also 30 mins), and her yoga workout. I love love love the yoga workout.
Ripped in 30 is her newest. It's the same principle as 30DS, with the 3 mins strength, 2 mins cardio, 1 min abs, for 3 circuits. It's some of the same moves as 30DS, but they're all mixed up so I don't mind it as much. Realistically, there are only so many she can come up with, you know? LOL! I like Ripped in 30 because the strength has 6 moves (3, repeated) whereas 30DS had only 4. She's much more even in doing each move for the alloted time (in 30DS I often felt like one strength move was done WAY longer than the other, and it bugged the heck out of me, lol).

She's TOUGH and you have to push yourself, but it's 1000000% worth it in my mind. If you stick with it and do it every day, and really push yourself, you'll see results by the end of the week. And I mean, "my pants fit better and my love handles are going away" results, not necessarily scale results. But I try and focus on non-scale victories over my actual weight anyway.

ETA: There's nothing wrong with walking. Lots of people lose weight walking (in addition to a better diet). But it should just be a leisurely stroll around the block, you know? If your heart rate isn't elevated, it's not really exercise (in my book).

Last edited by ColleenSwerb; 05-23-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post

She's TOUGH and you have to push yourself, but it's 1000000% worth it in my mind. If you stick with it and do it every day, and really push yourself, you'll see results by the end of the week. And I mean, "my pants fit better and my love handles are going away" results, not necessarily scale results. But I try and focus on non-scale victories over my actual weight anyway.
Glad to "hear" you say this! I did the 30DS last year for about a month (until I got steamrolled by a cold that lasted for two weeks). I loved it, but was disappointed to not see a bunch of progress on the scale. I didn't actually do it every day (I didn't really know if I was *supposed* to... Most programs usually focus on 5 or so days a week, not 30 consecutive days, but I figured doing something was better than nothing!) I did, however, notice that my arms were significantly more toned and my clothes did fit better after a month or so. It's time to get back to it!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

lol my workouts aren't nearly as set out and easily recordable as y'all's.
Part one of today - 7 minutes of crazy non-stop dancing to Ke$ha.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 05-23-2011, 12:05 PM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Now View Post
Glad to "hear" you say this! I did the 30DS last year for about a month (until I got steamrolled by a cold that lasted for two weeks). I loved it, but was disappointed to not see a bunch of progress on the scale. I didn't actually do it every day (I didn't really know if I was *supposed* to... Most programs usually focus on 5 or so days a week, not 30 consecutive days, but I figured doing something was better than nothing!) I did, however, notice that my arms were significantly more toned and my clothes did fit better after a month or so. It's time to get back to it!
Personally, I'm all about being more toned anyway. So I'd much rather see that sort of progress than a lot of movement on the scale. I find it's too easy to sabotage myself if I focus only on the scale. I know that I look better, and I FEEL better, so the scale shouldn't matter so much.

But yea. I don't find a lot of scale movement with Jillian. I also don't have a whole lot to lose, which means any sort of scale movement is difficult for me, lol. Right now I'm working on running 3 days a week, and doing Jillian 2 or 3 days a week. Even if you're not doing her programs every single day, you still get a lot out of it.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

yeah, that's why this is called flab redux and not weight loss I'm finally at a healthy weight but I have a whole lot of flab that I need to get rid of and that's more important to me than weight loss right now since I always worry about losing weight while nursing and not providing enough for my child... but exercise will get me into my size 6 jeans again and out of these maternity clothes
Old 05-23-2011, 01:07 PM

profile gallery send pm

Excellent mind set Heather That's where I'm at too. I may adopt this "flab redux" motto myself!
Old 05-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ran 3 miles today. I'm in pretty good shape cardio-wise, but I do have some belly fat I'd like to lose and plenty of toning to be done. I want to start back up with Body Pump class at the Y, and will try to incorporate some Jillian workouts at home, too. I have 30 Day Shred and may try some of the others that Col mentioned.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I've been going for 5km walks so i'm hoping i'll be doing that again today (and the walks work since i live in the mountains with hills.. haha)

I might do turbo fire too - the new version of turbo jam workouts - woooah boy. They make turbo jam seem like a walk in the park..
Old 05-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Smile

Just wanted to chime in and say that I agree with everything that you guys are saying about Jillian's workouts, especially Colleen! I have lost 20 lbs in 2 years (and kept it off) by doing her workouts and walking. I own 30 Day Shred, but my favorites are Shred It Weights 1 <3 <3 (Kettlebell workout) and Boost Metabolism (Yoga), both of which I get On Demand through my cable.

Since I only am about 10-15 lbs overweight, it is taking me a while to lose the rest, but the months that I do my Jillian 2-3 times a week I see a huge improvement in my body's shape and how my clothes feel.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If we (=me and DeepGirl) manage to put together my newly acquired stationary bike tomorrow, I hope to start on it right away. I'm also not in it for losing weight but for getting more fit. In the past two years I was stressed for family reasons and literally stopped doing any exercise (I never was much into it, but at least I did some belly dancing, salsa and such) and I totally feel it. Let's see what happens with the bike. :-)

Old 05-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

walked 3 miles today...we walk fairly briskly. For me right now, it's a great beginning. I have to be careful and do low impact exercise (no ligaments in my right ankle). I want to be outside too and not indoors in a gym right now. I'll be starting up with water aerobics too soon, which I'll do in addition to the walking...and who knows, maybe I'll be in good enough shape to really start doing some crazy things like you girls. I should've been working out these last 10 years, but I got lazy. I used to be in amazing shape...that's what's hard.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Y'all go!!

Did a half hour on the treadmill at a 2% incline.

Yesterday I weeded the 20x30 garden and edged the back yard (we have an acre) and I hope now my bottom half will feel as sore as my top does!

Happily creating for Two More Days and Guest for Little Butterfly Wings June & July
Old 05-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyG View Post
Y'all go!!

Did a half hour on the treadmill at a 2% incline.

Yesterday I weeded the 20x30 garden and edged the back yard (we have an acre) and I hope now my bottom half will feel as sore as my top does!
Haha ... right there with ya. I did gardening today and yesterday ... feeling stuff I forgot I had!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I did Push Circuit 1 from the Chalean Extreme dvds. I'd like to go running (especially since I plan on eating a slice of chocolate cake tonight) but I don't think that's happening with all of the storms.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

just finished Jillian's Ripped in 30... first time doing it and my body is like jello
Old 05-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Did one hour on the treadmill tonight - 2.75 miles, watching Biggest Loser.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh!
I did 10 minutes of lifts and bending with John's weight ball, and 5 minutes running in place with his leg weights on.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 05-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

took a 2.5 mi bike ride with Emma tonight....lugging madelyn along in her 'rickshaw'

Old 05-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ok...I think I need to get some of these videos by Jillian!!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not really much... I had an hour photo session tonight & been on the go all day. Tomorrow...as long as it's not pouring rain and the kids are mostly cooperative, we'll get out for a walk before heading down the the afternoon check up appts.