Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-25-2019, 09:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default 2020!!

Now that we're through Christmas...

Are you excited about the new year? Do you find it "just another day"? Do you set resolutions? Goals? If so, what are they?
Old 12-25-2019, 09:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so excited about 2020! 2019 has been a really rough year. I won't go into all the details , but I will be glad to close the book on this chapter.
We will be moving to a new house at the beginning of the year. That's exciting. I'm not big on setting resolutions, and haven't really had a chance to think about what I would like to accomplish this year!
Old 12-25-2019, 10:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

To me, it’s just another day that starts the cycle of birthdays, anniversaries and countdowns. I have no new goals, don’t really do them ever. I hope 2020 is MUCH nicer to you! You and your family definitely deserve a great year!
Old 12-25-2019, 10:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am excited about a new year! We had some rough moments in 2019 but all in all, life is good! I don't set resolutions but I am excited to continue to improve my health by losing the rest of the weight I've been losing and exercising more. It helps to have a goal that i am already well on my way to accomplishing! :P

Hoping 2020 is kinder to your family too Tammy!
Old 12-26-2019, 01:04 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Yes, looking forward to 2020! We have already entered the season of "lasts" here --our "last Christmas here" etc, and so excited to find out (in March) where we'll spend our next ones! Anywhere we go, the food, internet & exchange rate are bound to to be better.
I don't really make specific resolutions, but I do try to be intentional about "being better" in different aspects of my life.
Old 12-26-2019, 02:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It’s been a year of ups and downs but mostly making progress in Baileys care and everyone adjusting schedules, working with a good support team and advocating for her. I feel like 2020 could be a more peaceful year, settling into a good routine.

I set general goals, no timeline, just think about what direction I want to go
In. I know I want to continue purging and organizing my home as we can work toward selling, moving a little further away from this area which is too congested with crazy traffic. Maybe in a few years we’ll be ready to move. I want to work on better meal planning and getting back into jogging as I slacked off this last part of the year.

I have some scrappy goals, wanting to get onto a few teams here and focusing on CT work, not so much about challenges for a coupon but instead just do a few challenges each month for fun.

So, I think my goals are doable.
Old 12-26-2019, 04:19 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVE the beginning of a new year...a new week...a new day! I am SO full of hope with a new start, despite what experience should have taught me. This year I didn't keep all my goals all year, but I DID keep them until April (that's when summer hits in the Philippines & with it suffocating heat that sucks the life out of me). Now that it's cooler here, I feel full of life and hope and the expectation that next year will be even better than this year.

I still want the same things: exercise, healthy eating, being a better parent & wife, but I feel like I was moving in that direction last year and will continue in the coming year.
Old 12-26-2019, 08:57 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I normally don't make resolutions, but I did make one last year that I am going to carry forward...and that was my year of "yes"
For the last two and a half years I have delved into writing and self-publishing romance novels. And I put out ten books in that time. But all I did was write. I didn't hang out with friends, I didn't cook dinners for my kids - I was working through some heavy stuff emotionally and mentally and I poured it all into books. I didn't foster friendships, I ignored my body and my home and I wasn't being the best mom I could be. So I put it all on the back burner, and had a "yes" year. Wanna hike? Yes. Wanna go get sushi? Yes. Wanna cook spaghetti with my kids? Yes. And because of that, I really started showing up in my life. And it healed a lot inside of me. So I will be continuing my yes.
And my boyfriend and I decided to make a resolution together to eat more ethically and cut out all meat except fish, and almost all animal products except eggs, cheese and some dairy items like whey protein and yogurt.

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Old 12-26-2019, 10:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hope your 2020 is way better, Tammy. Sending you good thoughts!

Resolution - diet! I've slacked off and gain weight, so now it's time to get back on track. NYE is my younger daughter's 16th birthday, so that's pretty exciting. We have a full day and night planned.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My daughter & I have a girls' night over at my sister's for NYE which is always fun & a good way to start off the new year.

I am very excited for 2020 as I will turn 40 at the end of January and have some BIG plans for the year -- mostly good but some hard/necessary ones, too.

My OLW for 2020 is "prevail," and I'm excited to see how it will shape the year to come for me.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:16 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

2019 was rough a few times, but I'm looking forward to a new year of changes and living life!
Old 12-26-2019, 12:21 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It's been a rough year for me, so mostly I resolve to do better. Be better. Feel better.

My mom passed away a little over a month ago, and although we were estranged for YEARS, it has been a rollercoaster of emotions. Very confusing and dark time for me.

Crafting, scrapping and designing have been a great outlet for me. So I look forward to utilizing that. xo

Old 12-26-2019, 12:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't get too excited by New Years, it's just another day to me. But I am hoping for a good year; one that is kind to us all.

Oh, and I am going to Ireland next September, so I am looking forward to that.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:30 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

awesome, lorie!

Old 12-26-2019, 01:26 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Well, my hubby's birthday is New Year's Eve- so New Year's DAY is usally a low-key, hopefully no hangover day!

As far as goals, etc. personally I want to get back on track with my diet/exercise- I've def slipped a bit the last 6 months or so.

Hubby & I have set a goal to go 'all electric' with our vehicles, so I will get my new car sometime next year and then we are saving for solar panels for our house. Hopefully by 2021- we will at least have started the process towards at least charging our cars with 100% solar energy.
Old 12-26-2019, 01:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Well, my hubby's birthday is New Year's Eve- so New Year's DAY is usally a low-key, hopefully no hangover day!

As far as goals, etc. personally I want to get back on track with my diet/exercise- I've def slipped a bit the last 6 months or so.

Hubby & I have set a goal to go 'all electric' with our vehicles, so I will get my new car sometime next year and then we are saving for solar panels for our house. Hopefully by 2021- we will at least have started the process towards at least charging our cars with 100% solar energy.
Amie - I'll be curious about your car decision. Hubs surprised me by saying he wanted to test drive some electric cars. He usually wants cars that have a bigger engine, have more oomph and speed whereas I want the small car, cheaper gas, don't need a lot of frills and extras. I need a new car in 2020 so am going to look at new and used cars and electric. I just put $1000 into my car so hope to hang onto it for another 6 months or so to get my money's worth out of the repairs but I know its time to replace, I love my little red Optra but its 12 yrs old, it's time to replace.
Old 12-26-2019, 02:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm kind of looking forward to the new year! Kind of like Springtime, it just feels like a fresh start, I guess. We had two deaths in my family this year and it really shook our family. I'm hoping for a nice, quiet, healthy year! My daughter is really active in school, working part-time, and will be playing sports, so we will be busy driving her everywhere! LOL! Plus, she is going to Germany this Summer. My parents and grandparents always made pork, sauerkraut, and knepp for New Years Day dinner and I'm planning on doing that, too, even though my daughter and I are the only ones to eat the nep and kraut! As far as New Year's eve, I want to try some new finger foods with the kids, but we'll be staying home and relaxing! ANd of course, I can't wait to see what new things come in the new year for scrapbooking!

Last edited by 3BluEyedBabi; 12-26-2019 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-26-2019, 09:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I never really think much of New Years. Just another day. We don’t go out anymore since having young kids so it’s all the same tantrums and hard days. Lol
Hopefully an easier year for us as parents and more calm in our life.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:58 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
NYE is my younger daughter's 16th birthday, so that's pretty exciting. We have a full day and night planned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Our anniversary is NYE, so we look forward to "celebrating" but we usually just stay home since things are more expensive/require a reservation/we worry about having a babysitter drive home late, etc.
And yes, New Years Day is for relaxing!
Old 12-27-2019, 01:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Amie - I'll be curious about your car decision. Hubs surprised me by saying he wanted to test drive some electric cars. He usually wants cars that have a bigger engine, have more oomph and speed whereas I want the small car, cheaper gas, don't need a lot of frills and extras. I need a new car in 2020 so am going to look at new and used cars and electric. I just put $1000 into my car so hope to hang onto it for another 6 months or so to get my money's worth out of the repairs but I know its time to replace, I love my little red Optra but its 12 yrs old, it's time to replace.
Oh my gosh! I HAVE SO Much info for you. If your hubby wants oomph & speed- there's no faster than a tesla! INSTANT power! The model 3 is not only all electric, affordable depending on your battery type AND super fun. There really isn't a comparable electric car yet- due to the battery capacity (we can go 300 miles/500km between charges!) & the supercharging network tesla has built. Considering that there is NO gas to pay for, no oil changes or most of the maintenance required on conventional gas cars- it's a no brainer! Plus I imagine BC has some rebates for buying electric too!
Old 12-27-2019, 09:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Happy anniversary, Rebecca!
Old 12-27-2019, 09:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The girls and I like to watch the fireworks at WDW online, while we have the TV to the ball drop in NY (with the sound all the way off). Then we drink sparkling grape juice in fancy glasses! The girls love it!

I don't set goals or anything like that. To me, it's another year to experience new things, and try to improve on things we may have struggled with for the past year!
Old 12-27-2019, 09:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My only goal is to get caught up on my scrapping. I'm way behind and it my mind it's unacceptable. LOL!
Old 12-27-2019, 10:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love, love NYE's - it's my favorite "holiday." But overall I think I'm in denial that it's going to be 2020... I'm like, OMG... how can that be??

2020 is going to be my year where I purge, purge, purge... purging everything from bad habits to household stuff.. that should be my one little word, but instead it's envision... I'm envisioning a simpler and more content year.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Oh, and I am going to Ireland next September, so I am looking forward to that.
Take me with you! I NEED to go back to that amazing, magical country.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I hope everyone who had a hard year has a much better 2020! It's mostly just another day for us. This year we'll spend it making the 7 hour drive home from visiting family.

I don't make New Year's resolutions. I have to make changes when I'm motivated, and that doesn't usually coincide with a certain date on the calendar. My current goals aren't new: track what I eat more consistently, be better about getting to the gym (which isn't entirely under my control, given what has been preventing me from going), and make progress on my scrapping backlog.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:36 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
My only goal is to get caught up on my scrapping. I'm way behind and it my mind it's unacceptable. LOL!
cheers xo

Old 12-28-2019, 01:57 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

To be honest, I'm hoping that my life gets a little more simple and organised during 2020. In February my twin boys start school full-time, meaning I'll only have one child left at home during school hours (I have 4 children in total). I'd like to say that it'll be easier to keep up with house stuff, have more one-on-one time with my young daughter, but who knows what will really happen?

I've started to say 'no' more to things at the end of 2019, after being a 'yes' person for so long. So that in itself is personal growth.

Creative for Grace Lee & Scrapping with Liz
Guesting for LJS Designs in Nov-Dec 2020
Old 12-30-2019, 10:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I was young, I used to hate New Years. I would go to bed as early as possible to just get it all over with. I didn't understand why people would care about ringing in a new year. I was very much stuck in my ways and hated any changes. Now I enjoy the idea of it but we do things pretty low key. I don't make resolutions, but I chose my One Little Word each year (this is my 10th word!) and that gets me more excited about the possibilities of the year. My word for 2020 is Fearless!
Old 12-31-2019, 06:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mostly it's just another day, but I'm always excited to start the year fresh with a new diary/calendar and a new PL album to make.

As far as resolutions go I only really have 3.
Firstly I need to finish my PL 2019 album.
Then secondly I need to find a new job as my company is downsizing and I will most likely by the end of summer be without a job.
And thirdly I need to finish my online education. But I did get an 5/6 on my first Business English assignment so yay me!

And there is the always present: move more, eat healthier bit.
Old 12-31-2019, 12:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

NYE is just another day to us - hubs works and I bum around at home - which is fine with me! We will both be asleep before 9PM tonight, I'm sure!
2019 was a pretty low key year and I'm hoping 2020 follows suit!
One thing I am going to strive for is getting the monthly passports done (all of the crazy work stuff I had going on will be coming to an end in a few weeks - so I'll actually have more time to scrap! YAY!)