Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 11-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Default What is on your Christmas wish list for yourself?

I generally don't do wish lists for myself. I feel like those that buy gifts for me know me well enough to just know what I like and don't like, need or don't need, etc. Im a pretty open book with those close to me, so why do they keep asking me for a dang wish list. LOL!

What is on your list?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm asking hubby for a simple infinity ring.. we were just looking at them a couple minutes ago. Just something really small/inexpensive etc. I lost my wedding band earlier this year
Old 11-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I'm asking hubby for a simple infinity ring.. we were just looking at them a couple minutes ago. Just something really small/inexpensive etc. I lost my wedding band earlier this year
Ohh infinity rings are pretty! That stinks that you lost your wedding band Kristin. How did you do that? My friend lost hers this past Spring as well, she was gardening. So it's somewhere in her garden. We have looked and looked for it but no luck thus far.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I bought myself 3TB EDH over Black Friday. That's the gift to myself!
Old 11-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i want a kindle paperwhite (well, i have it but can't HAVE it until christmas), a lightscoop and a new mixer since mine crapped the bed.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arual View Post
Ohh infinity rings are pretty! That stinks that you lost your wedding band Kristin. How did you do that? My friend lost hers this past Spring as well, she was gardening. So it's somewhere in her garden. We have looked and looked for it but no luck thus far.
I left it on a shelf where little hands can get
Old 11-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I live in the dark I suppose... I have never heard of a Kindle paperwhite. Kindle yes, I got my DD one for Christmas a couple years ago... but paperwhite? My daughters Kindle is most likely a paperWEIGHT at this point, she's been to busy to use it lately.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I left it on a shelf where little hands can get
Ohh no! :-( So maybe it's in the house somewhere and you will find it....like the day you move out and find it under a china hutch or something... thats good and bad all at the same time!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Kristin... I lost my wedding band.... TWICE. Which pretty much means I will never get a fancy one ever again. The first band was likely tossed in the garbage. I wore it to bed and took it off in the middle of the night. We think it fell into the little garbage basket next to my nightstand. It was never seen again. The replacement band was lost at the beach. I took it off because I was making a sandcastle and the sand was jamming inside of it. I shoved it in my swimsuit next to girl #1 and obviously she wasn't big enough because it fell out at some point.

I have an inexpensive band from Brighton right now. It looks flashy, but if I lose it I won't cry.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:33 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Hubby spoiled me throughout the year in lots of ways, so my iPad Mini is my Christmas gift even though I've already had it for almost a month.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want pearls... And a level thing to help hang pictures. lol. They don't really go together do they?
Old 11-27-2012, 02:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's terrible, but I really can't think of anything.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh... right... this thread is about Christmas wishes!!!

I bought something I've always wanted yesterday on Amazon.com: an ice cream maker! It was one of their lightning deals and I just BOUGHT IT. Like, in 5 minutes! Craziness!!! I've never done that before. It's kind of a gift for the whole family. If DH doesn't notice it on our bill it will be a surprise under the tree from Santa to all of us.

I know better than to have any specific Christmas wishes. What I really want is to see snow. I'm hoping DH can get a Friday off in December so we can drive up to NC or somewhere snowy for a weekend getaway. Maybe go sledding, throw snow balls, and make snow angels.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

well I wanted an iPhone 5, but I just ordered us (me, DH and DD) brand new Samsung Galaxy S3's last night.....so Merry Christmas to the 3 of us! but realistically I would just like to have my DH fill my stocking with some of my favorite things (chocolates, perfume, GC's, etc) ......that would totally make me happy!

eta: opening my stocking and having it filled with all of my favorites is my absolute favorite part of Christmas

Last edited by nun69; 11-27-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I asked Santa (my mom) for these:

Old 11-27-2012, 04:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Over the year I find stuff and send it to hubby saying... "if you need a gift idea for me..." And then I forgot that i asked for it and I'm surprised every time until hubby is like, "you know, you send that to me in May.." Sometimes having a really bad memory is great...

I would love a new mac laptop... but hubby is getting a PC laptop for christmas... He really needs one for his class next semester... and the one he has been using, the screen continues to get darker and darker... I just don't know how he can using it.... so there went my computer budget money.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I would like a huge box of chocolates, not eating chocolate whilst dieting is killing me now that the shops are just so full of naughty food! and an iPad. Not sure I'll get my iPad as Mam and Dad (Santa!) don't understand why I would need a newish Laptop, an old laptop that I leave plugged in on my crafting desk and my iPhone as well as an iPad. I am working on persuading them

And ........ if this thread is about unrealistic christmas lists I'd like a husband and a baby !
Old 11-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fiesta Bowl tickets!! That is IF my team wins this week. (I probably just jinxed it. ) But honestly we have never done anything like that so if K-State wins, they'll go to the Fiesta Bowl and DH and I will try to go this time. And I'm hoping against hope that they practice at our high school like Oklahoma did last year. That would be so fun!

Otherwise, I already bought myself the iPhone 5 and that's my gift.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We just bought a new Kia SUV...so I don't think we are getting big things for Christmas!

On the small side...one of my favorite things about Christmas is looking through a new cookbook or cooking magazine all curled up on the couch!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

There is really nothing at all that Im just really wanting. There are a few things that I wouldn't mind to have I suppose, but its nothing that I would be totally excited about.

I suppose maybe this is why they keep asking me for a wish list - if I can't figure it out for myself how could they possibly do it for me? LOL.

Ive been given a deadline... by this weekend I have to have come up with a list. *insert eye roll here!*

LeeAndra, those are really cute!
Old 11-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arual View Post
There is really nothing at all that Im just really wanting. There are a few things that I wouldn't mind to have I suppose, but its nothing that I would be totally excited about.

I suppose maybe this is why they keep asking me for a wish list - if I can't figure it out for myself how could they possibly do it for me? LOL.

Ive been given a deadline... by this weekend I have to have come up with a list. *insert eye roll here!*

LeeAndra, those are really cute!
can always ask for SSD Gc's lol

I got an ipad mini waiting for me...and a few new things for the kitchen like baking pans and bamboo utensils

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I keep asking Santa for a baby but this is year 7 of that and it hasn't happened yet, so we shall see.
On the realistic side: eye-fi card, new cutting boards, a couple books I want, bath salts(I take a bath almost ngihtly lol), new mousepad, bluay DVD player with wi-fi enabled so we can watch netflix and hulu easily.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want an iphone, a wacom tablet, a zoom for my nikon, and a laptop. Oh and an EHD. Easy to please, huh? I won't get any of it though - me and Chris rarely get eachother much at Christmas because we have all the kids and then family to buy for, so we usually go for Valentine's day for the bigger stuff.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
What I really want is to see snow. I'm hoping DH can get a Friday off in December so we can drive up to NC or somewhere snowy for a weekend getaway. Maybe go sledding, throw snow balls, and make snow angels.
Wait a second... it snows here?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
i think so. sometimes. not nearly as much as in new england though.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

i want a silhouette portrait (or cameo. the portrait is just smaller). and new pots and pans and a good set of kitchen knives (which is not happening, i think we'll just end up registering for them when we get married). i haven't even thought about christmas gifts yet. to be honest, i'm not looking forward to christmas very much (it's the first one since my grama died, and i know we're all gonna be a mess).

i'm pretty sure my mom'll send me an email saying "grampa wants to know what you want for christmas..." soon. so i'll link him to the portrait.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

This was my wish list:
Blender
KitchenAide Mixer
Shoe organizers (light oak color)
Snowblower
Gray bathroom towels/rugs (dark & light)
firepit
stainless steel trash can

Last edited by lovely1m; 11-27-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never have a wishlist. EVER. This year I have managed to think of two things I want but I am sure it won't happen. (I always have expensive wants. LOL)

Canon 5d Mark ii w/ 50mm lens and possibly an external flash to go with it
Kindle paperwhite (had my kindle 2 for 4 years now and it is slowly dying on me. Of course, I have used it EVERY day that I have had it. LOL)

Of course, I would be thrilled with Giftcards to SSD, Amazon or B&H Photo.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I always put a GC for here, persnickety, and amazon on my list... but no one ever buys those! lol This year, I put a 50mm lens, a cute camera strap cover, bath & body works stuff, and some jewelry from stella & dot that I saw at a party and didn't want to dish out the money for. I was going to find a new purse to put on my list but never got around to it.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
LOL! Yeah! Close to the Tennessee line there's snow. I was thinking we could drive to Beech Mountain (13 hour drive for us) and go tubing there. Or if there's lots of snow on the ground we can just pick a town closer, find a popular hill at some park and sled. We usually go to NY for Christmas so I am a little sad I'll be missing out on seeing snow. It makes it really feel like Christmas.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have very many wants or needs. DD always shops for me herself on one of her trips to the mall with friends around this time of the year. She saves up some of her money that she makes for mowing lawns in the summer and other things. I always tell her to spend no more than $20 and she always comes up with something great

This year I told my 2 sisters and my son that I want SSD GC's Seriously, what could be better than having a chunk of change to spend here!?! I'm going to do the December challenges and use the GC's when I get my SR's.

My parents bought me 2 tires for my car last week because I needed them before snow flies and things have been really tight, so that was really nice of them.

As a present to myself and Cheyanne I bought our annual tickets to the Nutcracker - a tradition for us every December. I got those during the summer and stashed them away.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

I'd love a camera upgrade (I'm using a 5 year old canon Rebel XT), but I know that will never happen so I asked Santa for a heart rate monitor!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

This is a kindle paperwhite

i don't need all the fancy schmancy stuff to go along with my ereader

Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nun69 View Post
well I wanted an iPhone 5, but I just ordered us (me, DH and DD) brand new Samsung Galaxy S3's last night.....so Merry Christmas to the 3 of us! but realistically I would just like to have my DH fill my stocking with some of my favorite things (chocolates, perfume, GC's, etc) ......that would totally make me happy!

eta: opening my stocking and having it filled with all of my favorites is my absolute favorite part of Christmas
I knew we were friends for a reason.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:40 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

I wanted an iPad for Christmas as a family gift, but I think we might be getting a new TV instead. Bummer for me, since I don't watch TV. Our old TV is having trouble and I think the tube is about to blow out. (yep, it's like 20 years old).

If I wishing for things that I know I won't be getting, I'd wish for new pots and pans. I want to get away from having non-stick ones since they say they aren't healthy. Also new kitchen knives since mine are like 20 years old and very beat up.

But hopefully I get a few things in my stocking. I would wish for Philosophy body washes (especially cherry scents), ear muffs, perfume (Pink Sugar), and a cell phone holder for the car.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband and I haven't exchanged gifts for the last few years, we usually just buy for the kids and do a few small stocking stuffers. But I went back to work F/T a few months ago so we'll be doing gifts this year! However my husband hates to shop so I usually get myself what I want and wrap it and just put it under the tree, I'm not big on surprises lol

So far on my wishlist is a pair of BEARPAW boots (which Amazon delivered today lol) and a Keurig though if $$$ were no object Santa would have a Canon 5D Mark III and 135L lens for me under the tree too
Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I only had 2 major things on my wish list...an iPad mini and a new pair of sneakers (which will cost about $150). I got the iPad Mini.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I'm wanting a filter & a diffuser for my camera. Also found a purse that I would like, and sent hubby the link to it, but doubt he'll get it. LOL I've also asked him for the same 2 movies since we got married 8 years ago and he hasn't managed to get them yet.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
Fiesta Bowl tickets!! That is IF my team wins this week. (I probably just jinxed it. ) But honestly we have never done anything like that so if K-State wins, they'll go to the Fiesta Bowl and DH and I will try to go this time. And I'm hoping against hope that they practice at our high school like Oklahoma did last year. That would be so fun!

Otherwise, I already bought myself the iPhone 5 and that's my gift.
OMG!! Dh and I aren't exchanging gifts this year because we're giving each other a BOWL TRIP instead! We will have to meet up if we both get to go!

So that takes care of our gifts. I have asked my mom & dad for a new set of everyday dishes so I can't wait to get those.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Im asking for money for christmas and my birthday which is 2 days after. Im going to put it all together to get an Canon T3i with the 18-135 mm lens.

Other things I want but wont get are: ipad mini, mac laptop, and an iphone 5.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're doing stocking this year, we also had to get a new tv Julie, ours bit the dust. So thats our big gift.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I honestly didn't have anything on my list until today, after I visited my favorite yarn store. I've always wanted a set of interchangeable bamboo knitting needles, so that's now on my list. They're very pricy, but I'm tired of having a drawer full of needles and NOT having the correct one for a project!

That, and renewed subscriptions for Mary Jane's Farm and Hobby Home Farm. Love those magazines!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

THIS! A thoughtfully filled stocking would make my whole year!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have a wishlist! I wish I did though!

However, we did just buy a new fancy minivan and we're getting new countertops in the near future, so that's kind of our Christmas. We usually don't do a whole lot for each other, but some things!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We don't usually buy each other big presents since we're spending on the kids during the holidays. In reality, I'll probably ask DH for a small visa gift card that I can spend here and on Kindle books. My parents will give me money which I'll save toward a new computer. (My current laptop is fine, but past experience suggests I'll probably need a new one in a year or so). For my "dream" list I'd have: a photography class (something local, since I won't follow through on a self-paced or online class), a 50 mm lens, and an iphone.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I still need to give hubs a list. I asked my mom for a new robe (a nice fluffy, soft one) and a Pandora bead to add to my bracelet, I also want a new silver (not real silver) ice bucket, a programable crock pot, perfume (still need to decide what kind), an infinity scarf and I need a new briefcase/bag for work. I really, really want my XM radio turned back on a year would be the whole budget for me (and some of hubs). I want to get my husband a laptop but I'm not sure what to buy.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by julifish View Post
I still need to give hubs a list. I asked my mom for a new robe (a nice fluffy, soft one) and a Pandora bead to add to my bracelet, I also want a new silver (not real silver) ice bucket, a programable crock pot, perfume (still need to decide what kind), an infinity scarf and I need a new briefcase/bag for work. I really, really want my XM radio turned back on a year would be the whole budget for me (and some of hubs). I want to get my husband a laptop but I'm not sure what to buy.
Juli Coach Poppy and Lady Gaga perfumes are delicious! <3 They are on my list lol
Old 11-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
but realistically I would just like to have my DH fill my stocking with some of my favorite things (chocolates, perfume, GC's, etc) ......that would totally make me happy!

My hubby hasn't done a stocking for me in probably 10 years! My mom still gives me one though.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherKS View Post
OMG!! Dh and I aren't exchanging gifts this year because we're giving each other a BOWL TRIP instead! We will have to meet up if we both get to go!
Eeeee Heather!! Definitely!!! We better win!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by julifish View Post
Juli we just got 6m of Sirius for $25 (the 14ish/month pkg)..ours expired and we went without for a few months...and they sent me an email to renew for like $50 and i ignored it..and they sent another for 25 a few weeks later lol

Do you check the email on file with them? They might have some specials on their website too...keep checking! Sometimes too you can call and ask if they have any specials..I think Laura got hers renewed for 50% off the whole year

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe