Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Walking Dead Season Finale (Spoilers Included)

So, what did you all think? Frankly I was a little disappointed. Compared to last season's finale, this one was kinda a dud. Even though I did not like her, I was sad to see Andrea die, but I think she had pretty much had to. I was also sad to see Milton go. Glad to see the governor finally and completely wig out and kinda like it that he is still out there some where for feature plot lines. My biggest question was how does Rick propose to feed all those people. Someone had better find a piece of land and start planting some food! Did any one else wonder why they did not stay in Woodbury?
Old 04-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yes, in my "I like happy endings" world, I wanted to see Andrea and Milton join up with Rick. But it didn't surprise me that they both died.

I asked the same questions - why the prison and not Woodbury? So I answered myself : they will stay in the prison until they kill the governor, then go back to Woodbury and set up a nice little town. But also, maybe they brought food on that bus and we just didn't see it.

But what idiots were the guys who went with the governor? And the guy who stood there pointing a gun right at him and watched him raise his gun to shoot him? But I guess the gov has to stick around for next season.

DS and DH were disappointed there wasn't a big battle between Rick's and the Governor's crews. But that's what we all expected, so they couldn't do that.

Now on to "Mad Men" - and I feel like I should re-watch last season it's been so long.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just read a couple of articles with Robert Kirkman and someone else in production and they said they didn't take over Woodbury because the Governor knows Woodbury and that makes it vulnerable. That makes sense to me. Yes, I hope they robbed the place and took all the supplies they could. And I hope we come back next season and there's crops growing in the yard and it's at least a few months in the future.

All I thought when they started unloading that bus was "Oh good... redshirts who can die early in the new season so they don't have to kill the core group."

Does anyone watch The Talking Dead? It was so fun last night. Loved it.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I watch the Talking Dead. That guy from Chattanooga who called in was scarier than the show. lol

I liked that it wasn't a big cliffhanger. We expected a cliffhanger, I like that they always keep us guessing. We never know what's coming.

I thought Andrea was killed off in a good way. She got to speak her peace, though really woman, shut up and get yourself free first before big dramatic talks with Milton. I was sad to see Milton go, but he wasn't super necessary.

Anyone else wonder when Beth is gonna die? lol Mean, but jeez. I laughed when they showed on Talking Dead 'Beth Finally Kills a Walker Walker'.

I like that Tyreese and Sasha are now part of the group, I look forward to that.

I also wondered about bringing them all to the prison, I mean, that place isn't gonna stay secure with all the times they have knocked down the fence.

Love that show. I'm gonna miss it for the next few months.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My son is completely bummed that we have to wait until October. LOL I will be fine as I have just started watching 24 on Netflix and that will keep me busy for a good long while. But I am looking forward to next season. And I had to laugh at 'red shirts."

What exactly did the Tenessee guy say? I missed it for the most part...
Old 04-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

So many issues with the finale.

1.) Governor would not have left the prison with like 2 whole people shooting at his men. He would have found a way to get his muscle peoples attention, or start shooting off some of the heavier artillery they were packing and just took out the walk-over spots that Glen and Maggie were on.

2.) Andrea taking here time when Milton was going to turn. Also, even weak and tired, Andrea could take one freaking zombie. So lame that she gets killed by Milton.

3.) The Governor's men not taking him down after he wigs out? Come on. They had done some dirty stuff before, but they were obviously thrown by him killing their own men.

I was disappointed
Old 04-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I finally saw the finale tonight. I thought it was very good. I'm excited to see the next season.

I was not disappointed with how it ended. The season may have played up a supposedly epic battle but it was not going to be epic. It was an army against Rick's small group. The element of surprise was their only shot. I'm not surprised the army fled. They were in unknown territory and only hyped up because of the Governor. The survival instinct kicked in when there was a surprise attack. As for the two guys who just left with the Governor, I'm not surprised they did nothing. They had followed the Governor through all his dirty deeds and based on that, neither of them are strong enough to stand up to him.

As for Andrea, she was weak and tired. Plus Milton was not just some zombie - he was someone she knew. She had been tortured and locked up so given all that, it is possible that she couldn't defend herself as she normally would have defended herself.

October is such a long way

Old 04-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Well, you know...we didn't see Andrea OR Michonne once Rick and the gang went back to the prison........ And no one is mentioning Michonne finally had an emotion!

I'm glad to see Andrea's character gone as I was tiring of her and was disappointed that they didn't finally kill the Govenor and move on in the story line. Hopefully he won't be such a major part of next season.

And can you imagine having a child to raise in that situation and ending up like Carl? There's some crazy major parenting that needs to start happening, Rick.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I was completely disappointed. So much just almost plain stupid about the finale. The way the Gov. and his people went rambling through the prison then tucked tail and ran b/c of 2 people shooting at them...the way NO ONE shot the governor when he opened fire even though EVERY ONE OF THEM..were armed.....the way they drug out Andrea's death, as if everyone wasn't rooting for Zombie Milton to get up and finally just shut her up (the only good thing about the finale)....

I just kept waiting for the big ending and it never came...I feel like they built up the entire season leading to the big showdown between Rick and the Governor and then nothing.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:47 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Baldwin View Post
I'm glad to see Andrea's character gone as I was tiring of her and was disappointed that they didn't finally kill the Govenor and move on in the story line. Hopefully he won't be such a major part of next season.
I don't watch this show but I did see on EW that the Govenor will be back as a series regular. http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/01/wa...vid-morrissey/
Old 04-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was not disappointed by the finale. I thought it was a great ending to what really was a dark season.

I cried when the scene with the men outside the door and the silence and then the gun shot. I get why the Governor's crew did not shoot him. I mean, hello - he just plowed down his "people" for disputing his actions. And it has been a full season of people being unable to pull the trigger on that man. He's got so much psychological pull over his people. And Allan was a chicken anyway - Tyrese pointed that out in the episode before. I thought the season really came full circle. Rick's darkness and seeing Laurie (which I believe now was his conscience and trying to get him back on track) the episode before looking for wires for Michone and then when he brought the people back, him looking for her again... And I am sorry - but Carl shooting that boy in the face, I get it. He was handing the gun over instead of dropping it. Who's to say that he was going to turn on Carl and try to overpower him and then everyone else. He was doing what he believed his dad was NOT doing. His dad was letting people live and letting his heart lead over his head and well, it got a lot of people killed this season. Carl is young and confused and without a parent and no clear right/wrong - he was just doing what he thought was right. Thinking with his head over his heart.

I liked it.

I, too, watched the Talking Dead and wow - that caller was CREEPY. And I could listen to Andrew Lincoln speak for hours. He's a beautiful man.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:25 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have mixed feelings about it. I wanted the Governor dead. Seriously... dead. I'm kind of irritated he is still out there somewhere, but I can see why they did it. Without him there's not much else going on... the story goes pretty flat. But, I'm hoping Season 4 brings some new interesting story lines. I am growing weary of the evil Governor plot.

I think a lot of this episode seemed forced and I didn't believe it. It seemed "fake" to me. The only real shocker was when the Governor turned on his own people. That was unexpected.

That said, I'm REALLY looking forward to Mad Men. The Walking Dead is slowly becoming less & less interesting to me.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Has anyone been watching Vikings on the history channel...we're really enjoying it..hope it gets a season 2

Old 04-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn Barrette View Post
So many issues with the finale.

1.) Governor would not have left the prison with like 2 whole people shooting at his men. He would have found a way to get his muscle peoples attention, or start shooting off some of the heavier artillery they were packing and just took out the walk-over spots that Glen and Maggie were on.

2.) Andrea taking here time when Milton was going to turn. Also, even weak and tired, Andrea could take one freaking zombie. So lame that she gets killed by Milton.

3.) The Governor's men not taking him down after he wigs out? Come on. They had done some dirty stuff before, but they were obviously thrown by him killing their own men.

I was disappointed
I guess The Following has numbed me to far-fetchedness so most of this didn't bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
Has anyone been watching Vikings on the history channel...we're really enjoying it..hope it gets a season 2
DH is watching it and has it recorded, so I may try it at some point.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sczos911 View Post
And I could listen to Andrew Lincoln speak for hours. He's a beautiful man.
I missed watching that. And yes, i thought the same when I first saw him in Love Actually.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post

What exactly did the Tenessee guy say? I missed it for the most part...
Something about the end of the world, it sounded a little Biblical, but I am not sure exactly. It was just creepy.

I totally believe none of those people in the 'army' turned on him. They were all weak and not a real army. Until a couple week ago they were sitting around having picnics and acting like there wasn't even a zombie apocalypse going on. Now they are expected to attack a prison and bust in? Turn on the leader who's already turned on them? No way. I completely believe they all chickened out and stood there in shock.

I have been DVRing Vikings, but haven't watched any yet.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I honestly think they need to kick it back up a notch come October! And I'd like to see them try to build a community for real. And more Darryl Please!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
. And more Darryl Please!!!
I'm down with that.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

It definitely felt anticlimactic, I kept asking Patrick...WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO WITH ALL THESE OLD PEOPLE AND KIDS???

LOL
Old 04-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

It was an easy way for the Gov. to get rid of his baggage by giving it all to Rick
Old 04-03-2013, 12:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I loved it. Not how I thought it'd go down, but it was good. My first thought was that they should take the gov's town, but then reconsidered that since he is still out there, and familiar with the town's defences. All in all, I was good with it, just sad it's done for now.

Lorie - I loooved 24!! At some point for me it seemed a bit repetitive, but nothing that made me quit watching. I had a hard time watching Touched (the first episode or 2 - I didn't get into it enough to keep watching) At one point he got punched and it was hard to see 'Jack Bauer' just take it and not kick the dude's @ss!

Last edited by breakingbrie; 04-03-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbrie View Post
Lorie - I loooved 24!! At some point for me it seemed a bit repetitive, but nothing that made me quit watching. I had a hard time watching Touched (the first episode or 2 - I didn't get into it enough to keep watching) At one point he got punched and it was hard to see 'Jack Bauer' just take it and not kick the dude's @ss!
Me too! I just couldn't wrap my brain around him not being able to just kill everybody lol

EW is predicting that Touch won't get a season 3 and that Kiefer Sutherland is already looking for other projects so I'm glad I didn't get into it. Honestly I'd be happy if they just brought back 24

Old 04-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Saw this today... thought some of it was funny - There's some language in there...

A few things that make no sense about The Walking Dead
Old 04-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG - those are so funny! Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I finally watched the show last night and I really loved it. I wasn't bothered by all the Governor's people running away- they weren't really trained and didn't know how many people were shooting at them.

I was annoyed that Andrea took sooooooo long getting free. I mean, she stopped to talk to Milton. Ever heard of multi tasking?!

My husband actually got into the show even though zombies "aren't really his thing." He's a silly man.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:26 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I was really disappointed with the finale. I guess I was thinking the Governor has kind of played his part out and we would get to see him die, but I guess it leaves us wondering for next season. I'm glad to see Andrea go - she was getting on my nerves.

All in all, the episode just didn't live up to all the buildup and hype for me.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

24 had been awesome so far. I love watching Kiefer kick butt! He needs to kick his daughter's butt big time. Man, I want to give her a smack! I am still in the first season, only about 8 hours into the day, and I am hooked.

It will fill the time nicely until Darryl comes back. Although, and this is so shallow and stupid, I did loose a little of my lust for him when I saw him on the talking dead in his sweater and tie and found out his real name was Norman. So killed my bad boy desire for a few minutes. LOL
Old 04-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

lol, Lorie, I love it!!! Have you watched The Boondock Saints I & II?