Sweet Shoppe Designs

  #1  
Old 04-11-2021, 12:53 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default Random Question: Splurge Food

So, I am well into month 4 of my diet and things are going pretty well, but I am getting bored with what I am eating and have been having some serious cravings for a "splurge food." You know, something you know you shouldn't eat because of the calories, but it just sounds so good you don't care about the "cost."

For me that calorie splurge would be spent on some Gibbles Bar-b-que potato chips. I love those things. They are my favorite junk food and my only saving grace is that I can not go to a store in Indiana and just buy them. I have to order them on line, which is easier to resist.

So my random question is what is your splurge food? That goodie that lacks any nutritional value, has a ton of calories that may cause a blip on the scale, but is totally worth it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-11-2021, 04:24 AM
joelsgirl's Avatar
joelsgirl joelsgirl is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Davao City, Philippines
Posts: 18,435
Default

Homemade whole wheat bread.

I pick it up twice a week and have it fresh & hot with butter, and it makes my life worth living. If it adds pounds to my waistline, I can live with that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2021, 09:30 AM
iScrap's Avatar
iScrap iScrap is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,673
Default

Onion cream cheese with a fresh onion bagel to hold it. I'm talking an amount of cream cheese that can be seen from space and so oniony, they can probably smell me from there too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2021, 09:59 AM
biancka's Avatar
biancka biancka is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,954
Default

I have to think real hard about this but for me, it's borrelnoten. No idea what they are called in the US so here's a photo...



These are so good ! I have always been more of a savory kind of girl. I love potato chips too. LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2021, 10:58 AM
rach3975's Avatar
rach3975 rach3975 is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 9,533
Default

Mine is real chocolate. Milk or dark, plain or with peanut butter or caramel. Any of those is acceptable and worth it! I could also make a good case for some pasta dishes with cream or tomato cream sauces, the kind that I'd never make at home because l'm better off not knowing how much cream and butter are really in them!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-2021, 02:36 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Mine is real chocolate. Milk or dark, plain or with peanut butter or caramel. Any of those is acceptable and worth it! I could also make a good case for some pasta dishes with cream or tomato cream sauces, the kind that I'd never make at home because l'm better off not knowing how much cream and butter are really in them!
OMG, pasta! I haven't had pasta in too long to even think about. I would kill for some Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo. Yum. And chocolate with salted caramel is another favorite. Honestly, I have a lot of favorites, which is why I am on a diet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-11-2021, 02:37 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I have to think real hard about this but for me, it's borrelnoten. No idea what they are called in the US so here's a photo...



These are so good ! I have always been more of a savory kind of girl. I love potato chips too. LOL
I have no idea what they are, but I love savory, so I would try them. LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-11-2021, 02:38 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScrap View Post
Onion cream cheese with a fresh onion bagel to hold it. I'm talking an amount of cream cheese that can be seen from space and so oniony, they can probably smell me from there too.
Yum to this too! I love onion bagels. I usually prefer mine with some butter, but I like cream cheese, so I am pretty sure I would be good with a space mountain of it!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-11-2021, 02:41 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Homemade whole wheat bread.

I pick it up twice a week and have it fresh & hot with butter, and it makes my life worth living. If it adds pounds to my waistline, I can live with that.
LOL, bread is such a weakness for so many people, me included. At work they like to tease me, A LOT, and they always follow it up with "we love you, Lorie." To which I always reply, "Of course you do. I am like white bread, not very exciting but everyone loves me." LOL

I take it you are picking this up at a bakery since it is homemade? I avoid bakeries these days and really miss the smell of bread baking. It is so homey and delicious. Can a smell be delicious?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-11-2021, 05:03 PM
HeatherH's Avatar
HeatherH HeatherH is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Maine USA
Posts: 1,646
Default

Cape Cod Sea Salt and Vinegar Kettle Chips and Snyder's Pretzel Bits and Pieces (Hot Buffalo Wing flavor). I just don't buy them anymore since I have no shut off and know I will eat the whole bag in one sitting!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-11-2021, 05:37 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 6,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by biancka View Post
I have to think real hard about this but for me, it's borrelnoten. No idea what they are called in the US so here's a photo...



These are so good ! I have always been more of a savory kind of girl. I love potato chips too. LOL
oooh Biancka I remember those from when I used to live in France! Sooo good!

I don't think I have one particular thing. I love all the foods and I don't really stop myself from buying what I want I'm sorry!

Or maybe the sweet chili doritos which I know have bad stuff in it but it tastes soooo good!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-11-2021, 07:15 PM
LeeAndra's Avatar
LeeAndra LeeAndra is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: northern Indiana
Posts: 6,490
Default

The Chief is opening soon (this week?) so I think you should go there and buy yourself some ice cream.

We have already visited the brand-new Granger location, and the PB Oreo was *chef's kiss*.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-12-2021, 09:11 AM
bienejen's Avatar
bienejen bienejen is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Michigan
Posts: 1,149
Default

We have a Mediterranean restaurant nearby that makes FRESH from the oven pita bread and the most amazing garlic sauce. Like the onion cream cheese/bagel comment above, I could eat that until the garlic is coming out my pores (and I believe it does for a few days?). That warm, soft pita bread with that garlic dip..... Luckily we haven't gotten too much take out in the last year or I'd look like a big, round pita bread!
A good sea salt caramel chocolate treat is also a big weakness.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-12-2021, 10:19 AM
Txcorey's Avatar
Txcorey Txcorey is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,815
Default

Chips and queso is probably my favorite- served with a frozen margarita or an ice cold beer. I also love Mexican food and crave it often, but especially when I'm stressed.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-12-2021, 11:29 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
Cape Cod Sea Salt and Vinegar Kettle Chips and Snyder's Pretzel Bits and Pieces (Hot Buffalo Wing flavor). I just don't buy them anymore since I have no shut off and know I will eat the whole bag in one sitting!
Same with me and the Gibbles chips. Once I start eating them, I eat until they are gone. I think chips are like that, right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-12-2021, 11:31 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
oooh Biancka I remember those from when I used to live in France! Sooo good!

I don't think I have one particular thing. I love all the foods and I don't really stop myself from buying what I want I'm sorry!

Or maybe the sweet chili doritos which I know have bad stuff in it but it tastes soooo good!
If you can eat whatever you want, how much you want and not worry about those blips on the scale, you are one of the lucky ones. Don't be sorry. Rejoice in that gift and enjoy it!

I have not tried those Doritos, but now I want to.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-12-2021, 11:33 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
The Chief is opening soon (this week?) so I think you should go there and buy yourself some ice cream.

We have already visited the brand-new Granger location, and the PB Oreo was *chef's kiss*.
I don't know what this is LeeAndra? I mean, I know from what you are saying it is an ice cream place, but I have never heard of it.

Nappanee has Rocket Science for ice cream and that stuff is delicious. White chocolate macadamia with raspberry swirl is my favorite. To die for.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-12-2021, 11:33 AM
carrie1977's Avatar
carrie1977 carrie1977 is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central California
Posts: 11,113
Default

Ice Cream...love me some mint chip ice cream and the 1/4 cup servings is a crime.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-12-2021, 11:35 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
We have a Mediterranean restaurant nearby that makes FRESH from the oven pita bread and the most amazing garlic sauce. Like the onion cream cheese/bagel comment above, I could eat that until the garlic is coming out my pores (and I believe it does for a few days?). That warm, soft pita bread with that garlic dip..... Luckily we haven't gotten too much take out in the last year or I'd look like a big, round pita bread!
A good sea salt caramel chocolate treat is also a big weakness.
I love fresh roasted garlic on bread, so again, I think this would be right up my alley. And salted caramel chocolate is one of my favorite things. It is such the perfect combination of savory and sweet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-12-2021, 11:36 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcorey View Post
Chips and queso is probably my favorite- served with a frozen margarita or an ice cold beer. I also love Mexican food and crave it often, but especially when I'm stressed.
Further proof that I just like food, because this sounds good to me too! I don't know about you, but I live by the motto that you can never have too much cheese.
__________________

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 04-12-2021 at 11:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-12-2021, 11:38 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
Ice Cream...love me some mint chip ice cream and the 1/4 cup servings is a crime.
I go on ice cream binges where I want it all the time and then I won't eat any for years. From the freezer I love Ben and Jerry Americone Dream and New York Super Fudge Chunk, (I think that is how you say it), but can do mint chip in a pinch with a smile on my face.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-12-2021, 01:04 PM
LeeAndra's Avatar
LeeAndra LeeAndra is offline
SugarBabe
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: northern Indiana
Posts: 6,490
Default

It's a little mom & pop walk-up ice cream place in Goshen. It's been around ages but I just tried it for the first time this fall. I don't even particularly care for ice cream but The Chief makes the best ice cream I've ever had. Despite being the best, it's still a 45+ minute drive from my house so that's why I was so psyched when I found out that they were opening a new location in Granger which is only 15 minutes from our house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I don't know what this is LeeAndra? I mean, I know from what you are saying it is an ice cream place, but I have never heard of it.

Nappanee has Rocket Science for ice cream and that stuff is delicious. White chocolate macadamia with raspberry swirl is my favorite. To die for.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-12-2021, 01:52 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
It's a little mom & pop walk-up ice cream place in Goshen. It's been around ages but I just tried it for the first time this fall. I don't even particularly care for ice cream but The Chief makes the best ice cream I've ever had. Despite being the best, it's still a 45+ minute drive from my house so that's why I was so psyched when I found out that they were opening a new location in Granger which is only 15 minutes from our house.
I'm going to have to try it this summer. Maybe take my grandpups. They love ice cream so I could get a small one, take a few bites and then share the rest of it between them. It will go fast and I will not be tempted to have more. I love them, but... LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-12-2021, 02:00 PM
Leablahblah's Avatar
Leablahblah Leablahblah is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD (origin: France)
Posts: 6,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
If you can eat whatever you want, how much you want and not worry about those blips on the scale, you are one of the lucky ones. Don't be sorry. Rejoice in that gift and enjoy it!

I have not tried those Doritos, but now I want to.
haha I'm sorry for making you want them! Don't start is my advice! I would crave them right at 5pm when I start making dinner and the girls can watch tv. So I eat them all alone in the kitchen and it's the best (and worst at the same time. haha)
But I don't buy them anymore. Good thing Aldi (my grocery store) doesn't carry them.

I've been breastfeeding for a long time between all my girls and I had gestational diabetes with all three. So I was deprived of food and it was so hard. Breastfeeding has been my friend for eating a lot because I never gained a pound. I also have higher chances of having diabetes in the future so I still need to be careful. But breastfeeding is almost down to nothing now and I can see the pounds going up around my belly. (also to do with no real exercise and more sedentary lifestyle since the pandemic...)


All of your comments are making me chuckle ladies! I want to try all the foods you mentioned! Especially the mountain of onion cream cheese and that garlic pita bread!!
__________________

Last edited by Leablahblah; 04-13-2021 at 01:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-12-2021, 08:04 PM
knittingbec's Avatar
knittingbec knittingbec is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,646
Default

Now I'm hungry for all of the above!

My splurge food is Chex Mix (but I like to make it myself rather than buy it at the store so I can use extra butter & seasonings ) I've been wanting to make it for 2 weeks but so far have left the cereal in the pantry because I know I have ZERO willpower when there's Chex Mix in the house!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-12-2021, 08:54 PM
rach3975's Avatar
rach3975 rach3975 is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 9,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
OMG, pasta! I haven't had pasta in too long to even think about. I would kill for some Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo. Yum. And chocolate with salted caramel is another favorite. Honestly, I have a lot of favorites, which is why I am on a diet.
My problem, too! And it doesn't help that my 3 foods weaknesses are cheese, chocolate, and peanut butter. Nice and calorie dense, LOL. I gave up pasta for years because it's empty carbs. (15 years? I don't even know how long ago it became a "special occasion" food that I ate only a couple of times a year.) But about a year ago I added back whole wheat pasta, and it still makes me ridiculously happy to have my little 1 cup serving a few times a week.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-12-2021, 10:15 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Now I'm hungry for all of the above!

My splurge food is Chex Mix (but I like to make it myself rather than buy it at the store so I can use extra butter & seasonings ) I've been wanting to make it for 2 weeks but so far have left the cereal in the pantry because I know I have ZERO willpower when there's Chex Mix in the house!!
OMG, my last birthday my son asked what I wanted and I told him homemade chex mix and he made if for me. I was in hog heaven. I say hog heaven, because I hogged it all! I love that stuff.

Again, I love food, hence the life long weight issues. I honestly don't care about being heavy, but I don't want to be diabetic, so I have to do something to change that and the only thing that will is losing weight. Otherwise, I would stay fat, sassy and happy!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-12-2021, 10:17 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
My problem, too! And it doesn't help that my 3 foods weaknesses are cheese, chocolate, and peanut butter. Nice and calorie dense, LOL. I gave up pasta for years because it's empty carbs. (15 years? I don't even know how long ago it became a "special occasion" food that I ate only a couple of times a year.) But about a year ago I added back whole wheat pasta, and it still makes me ridiculously happy to have my little 1 cup serving a few times a week.
For me it is still a treat and I only get it when we are out to eat. I only eat a portion of it and send the leftovers home with my son. I can't have it in the house or I would eat it all the time.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-13-2021, 09:06 AM
bienejen's Avatar
bienejen bienejen is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Western Michigan
Posts: 1,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Now I'm hungry for all of the above!

My splurge food is Chex Mix (but I like to make it myself rather than buy it at the store so I can use extra butter & seasonings ) I've been wanting to make it for 2 weeks but so far have left the cereal in the pantry because I know I have ZERO willpower when there's Chex Mix in the house!!
Chex mix is a total weakness. Esp homemade. I hate all that other stuff that comes in the store bought mix. I recently discovered blueberry chex cereal and there is a recipe on the back for lemon blueberry mix. I'm craving that now in a very big way.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-13-2021, 09:49 AM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
Chex mix is a total weakness. Esp homemade. I hate all that other stuff that comes in the store bought mix. I recently discovered blueberry chex cereal and there is a recipe on the back for lemon blueberry mix. I'm craving that now in a very big way.
Have you ever had it? I am a savory girl, but I do love lemon, so I would love to know if it was good.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-13-2021, 01:56 PM
lovely1m's Avatar
lovely1m lovely1m is offline
Sweetsaholic
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 10,525
Default

Oh, gosh, how do I pick one? Maybe chips and queso or margherita pizza or hummus and pitas or twizzlers or gummy bears or ice cream or giant burritos. lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-13-2021, 08:55 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
Oh, gosh, how do I pick one? Maybe chips and queso or margherita pizza or hummus and pitas or twizzlers or gummy bears or ice cream or giant burritos. lol
I like all of those too! LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-15-2021, 01:20 PM
bcgal00's Avatar
bcgal00 bcgal00 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver area, BC Canada
Posts: 2,877
Default

I have so many to pick LOL. But, I have always loved a good carrot cake with tons of icing or I love the decadent start to my morning with coffee and a few donuts (cruller, fritters, boston cream).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-15-2021, 03:30 PM
DawnMarch's Avatar
DawnMarch DawnMarch is offline
Jabber-Jawbreaker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: sunny southwest
Posts: 5,917
Default

Tortilla chips! I cannot resist those whether alone, with guac or queso. Fortunately, we've stopped keeping them in the house since I had no willpower to resist.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-15-2021, 08:11 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I have so many to pick LOL. But, I have always loved a good carrot cake with tons of icing or I love the decadent start to my morning with coffee and a few donuts (cruller, fritters, boston cream).
Yum to carrot cake! That is my favorite cake and what I always ask for at my birthday.

I don't drink coffee, but I bet I'd find something to dunk those donuts in! LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-15-2021, 08:12 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
Tortilla chips! I cannot resist those whether alone, with guac or queso. Fortunately, we've stopped keeping them in the house since I had no willpower to resist.
I've had to do the same thing with all the foods I love that aren't good for me. Now the only snack I have in the house is dill pickles. I like pickles, but they aren't chips. LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-15-2021, 10:00 PM
Kimberly27's Avatar
Kimberly27 Kimberly27 is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 2,566
Default

My splurge is cheesecake or a coke icee. I only splurge lately on Date nights or vacation. I love Cheesecake Factory's 30th anniversary cheesecake...it is chocolate cake and cheesecake! MMMM!!! I am on weight watchers so I don't splurge a lot but when I have the points or it is date night those are two faves... )
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-16-2021, 12:42 AM
knittingbec's Avatar
knittingbec knittingbec is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Alaska
Posts: 1,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
Chex mix is a total weakness. Esp homemade. I hate all that other stuff that comes in the store bought mix. I recently discovered blueberry chex cereal and there is a recipe on the back for lemon blueberry mix. I'm craving that now in a very big way.
Ooo, I'm interested in that recipe! I'll have to take a look next time I'm in the cereal aisle!

My favorite way to make it is just with Chex & Cheerios, lol, but recently someone encouraged me to add Bugles and they're pretty good in there!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-18-2021, 06:56 PM
LJSDesigns's Avatar
LJSDesigns LJSDesigns is offline
Sweet Shoppe Designer
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nappanee, IN
Posts: 8,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
My splurge is cheesecake or a coke icee. I only splurge lately on Date nights or vacation. I love Cheesecake Factory's 30th anniversary cheesecake...it is chocolate cake and cheesecake! MMMM!!! I am on weight watchers so I don't splurge a lot but when I have the points or it is date night those are two faves... )
Cheesecake, total yum! I have never eaten at a Cheesecake Factory, but now I want to. LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-25-2021, 02:45 AM
ClaireG's Avatar
ClaireG ClaireG is offline
Sugar Rush
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: NYC
Posts: 656
Default

Being pre-diabetic, I am managing it with diet and exercise to stave off the inevitable. So I am on a low-carb ZERO sugar diet. It's not as boring as I thought it would be, but I will LITERALLY kill someone 3 months in for a big fat doughnut - it can be glazed, covered in sprinkles, dipped in broccoli, I don't care, I just really want a doughnut. LOL.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-25-2021, 09:48 AM
iScrap's Avatar
iScrap iScrap is offline
Sweet Talker
 
profile gallery send pm
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,673
Default

I saw ice cream at the store yesterday that had cauliflower in it. I feel like that's going way too far to eat healthy. Dietary restrictions aside, if you're able to indulge occasionally, indulge. Have a scoop of the real stuff and eat that cauliflower with dinner instead. I love vegetables, but the thought of digging in to a scoop of ice cream and smelling cauliflower instead makes me vomit in my mouth.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All Creative Content 2007 SweetShoppeDesigns

Making your memories sweeter

Copyright 2016 Sweet Shoppe Designs The Sweetest Digital Scrapbooking Site on the Web | Site by Lilac Creative