Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-31-2020, 12:28 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default What a Roller Coaster

Goodness this week has been a roller coaster!

Between storms coming through knocking out our power, losing several layouts due to the power outages, internet being out due to said storms, driving to Nashville for my son's GI issues and working with his "special diet" for almost a week straight among many other things has been a roller coaster this past week!

I'm exhausted

Did I mention that someone hacked in to my IG account and spammed everyone? Thankfully Laura and Amie told me about it via messenger. I couldn't remember my password to change it. Because of the power outage, I was trying to do it from my phone and took me almost 30-minutes to type a matching password (thanks fat fingers and small phone). Once I got it changed, my account was suspended due to the spam. I just checked today and I still can't get on my IG to post layouts and see what everyone's doing.

This past week I didn't even bother to finish the last of my son's Abeka curriculum that I bought him when Covid hit. This week was horrible with my son's health. The poor little man has had some unspeakable things done to him at the doctors in Nashville--which makes for a LONG day of travel. He's SO clingy and then he glares at me for what's happening to him. The medicines, drinks and water/liquid diet he has had to be on this past week has been MISERABLE for all of us!

I scrap to release my frustrations, then zap the electric goes out-again! Once power is restored and internet finally works, I try to download my designer's releases, zap, power goes out again. No downloads. Here it is Sunday and I'm actually ON my computer for the first time and actually able to check out this week's releases!!!

Right!?

I don't know how long the power will stay on, but I'm determined to scrap ONE layout before that happens.

But I wanted to stop in and tell you all that I MISS YOU!

You are all my one source of adult conversation during this virus and I miss you all!! It's so bad, I actually thought about going outside and talking to my neighbors just to hear someone's voice who lives outside of this family! Yesterday I may have talked to our mail carrier for over 45 minutes about his job, his life, the weather, the area, etc. The mail carrier!!!! Yeah, that guy is going to get an amazing Christmas present!

Anyways, here's hoping this week is a THOUSAND times better with no more power/internet outages and Tuesday is the last of my son's GI doctor appointments (at least for a week or so), no more vomit and crazy drinks that make for lots of tears and frustration. Here's hoping I can SCRAP because I miss that so very much! It's Sunday, start of a new week and it HAS to be better than this past week!

How was your week this past week?
How is everyone doing being cooped up in their homes, working from home, homeschooling, etc?

Old 05-31-2020, 02:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh man, Wendy, that is quite the week you had. Sure hope this coming wk is better. Nothing major happening in my neck of the woods other than being able to visit Bailey for an hour or so on the wkend now (outside social distancing with masks and gloves b/c of her immune system). That is a huge thing for us though b/c we have missed her like crazy and other than the carehome couple that take care of her, we are the only other people she has in her life. So, I'm so grateful for that now.

But everything else is sucky, no haircuts, shopping still takes forever and a lot of foods not stocked and so many people are not social distancing now so we are trying to be extra careful to stay away from everyone. But we are all healthy and that is what I focus on.

That sucks about the IG spam. I got kicked out of IG awhile back for about a month and then one day it was ok again. I feel your frustration....ugh.
Old 05-31-2020, 02:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Oh man, Wendy, that is quite the week you had. Sure hope this coming wk is better. Nothing major happening in my neck of the woods other than being able to visit Bailey for an hour or so on the wkend now (outside social distancing with masks and gloves b/c of her immune system). That is a huge thing for us though b/c we have missed her like crazy and other than the carehome couple that take care of her, we are the only other people she has in her life. So, I'm so grateful for that now.

But everything else is sucky, no haircuts, shopping still takes forever and a lot of foods not stocked and so many people are not social distancing now so we are trying to be extra careful to stay away from everyone. But we are all healthy and that is what I focus on.

That sucks about the IG spam. I got kicked out of IG awhile back for about a month and then one day it was ok again. I feel your frustration....ugh.
Yay for you to be able to get to visit with her. I guess I just somehow imagined she lived with you. I didn't realize she was elsewhere. But I'm glad you are taking the necessary precautions to see her and she's doing well during this pandemic!

Yuck to stuff being out of stock. I've noticed that with our last grocery trip. We have this long list and half of the stuff we've been unable to get for a couple of weeks! Meat prices have skyrocketed and one of my children has almost gone completely Vegan making it a little challenge to get all of her stuff to maintain this lifestyle change!

I've done several at-home haircuts on my children as our salons are closed. Some of them are actually opening, but they have long wait times/appointments that something will need to be done in the interim. Hopefully this week I can successfully cut all three kids hairs!

I have to order nail trimmers and shavers for our dog because our groomer has been stuck in TX for a couple of months thanks to the virus. I took him to a groomer this past weekend (only the independent ones are opened) and she was scared to cut his nails. He's a small, yappy dog with bad legs so my daughter (the middle) and I are going to try to do it at home because his grinch paws are making him slip/slide all over the ground.

Are you able to take walks with your dog? Or is that something you aren't able to do due to social distancing?
Old 05-31-2020, 02:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What a week you've had!! I'm sending you big Stitch hugs!!

This week has GOT to be better.

I missed seeing bunches of gorgeous layouts from you. I hope that you'll have much more scrapping & chatting time this week
Old 05-31-2020, 03:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh man! The IG crap was just icing on the cake huh!? Hopefully that get's worked out for you. Sometimes I hate technology & the fact that you need passwords & hackers & everything is such a downer... Fingers crossed your internet/power goes better this week too!

We had a big storm come thru yesterday at the lake house with wind, hail & such. I was SUPER worried about our cars (they have all glass roofs!) and the hail and after fretting over that & watching forecasts for a bit, my hubby put me at ease with the statement "they are just cars. Our safety is most important!" Crazy how just saying that- even though I KNOW it already, changed my head space. AND, besides some branches & LOTS of pine needles, everything (and us!) were just fine. We did lose power for a bit, but even that was tolerable. We're now home & doing the usually sunday (laundry, stripping beds, etc) and getting ready for the next week- I have cupcakes to bake for a coworkers bday tomorrow & work tues/wed. Besides the kids schooling from home- our life is about 75% back to normal- which is good for my sanity- even if work is just crazy now! Hope to see you around this week!
Old 05-31-2020, 04:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Yay for you to be able to get to visit with her. I guess I just somehow imagined she lived with you. I didn't realize she was elsewhere. But I'm glad you are taking the necessary precautions to see her and she's doing well during this pandemic!

Yuck to stuff being out of stock. I've noticed that with our last grocery trip. We have this long list and half of the stuff we've been unable to get for a couple of weeks! Meat prices have skyrocketed and one of my children has almost gone completely Vegan making it a little challenge to get all of her stuff to maintain this lifestyle change!

I've done several at-home haircuts on my children as our salons are closed. Some of them are actually opening, but they have long wait times/appointments that something will need to be done in the interim. Hopefully this week I can successfully cut all three kids hairs!

I have to order nail trimmers and shavers for our dog because our groomer has been stuck in TX for a couple of months thanks to the virus. I took him to a groomer this past weekend (only the independent ones are opened) and she was scared to cut his nails. He's a small, yappy dog with bad legs so my daughter (the middle) and I are going to try to do it at home because his grinch paws are making him slip/slide all over the ground.

Are you able to take walks with your dog? Or is that something you aren't able to do due to social distancing?
B lives in a carehome (she will always need to be in a medically staffed carehome setting). Yes, I walk Taz twice every day. I need that fresh air as much as he does. We have dog grooming clippers/razor from when we had our cockapoo sheltie yrs ago. Hubs found them and we all trimmed our hair with them LOL. Luckily a friend is a hairdresser and she is going to clean up my cut tomorrow at her place. She's not going back to work b/c she doesn't feel safe in a salon, too many people coming and going, so is going to have a few friends that she'll cut at home, having us gloved and masked. I'm happy, it'll be safer, cheaper and is only a few doors down from us.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry things have been crazy for you! Praying things get better from here!

This must have been the week for hackers! K had her spotify account hacked (I guess they really wanted to listen to Contemporary Christian Music), and her Roblox account! Changed some passwords and it seems to be fine now! I made sure McAfee was installed on her phone just to be safe, and hopefully nothing else gets hacked!

Yesterday my oldests Church Youth Group surprised her with a Graduation Service in the front yard! Afterwards we went to all of her previous schools to take photos/portraits! It was a really special day! It would have been her actual Graduation Day had this stupidity not happened. We're thankful we were able to still make it a special day for her!
Old 05-31-2020, 05:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What a week, Wendy! I hope that you're through the worst of it and things start to improve!

Quote:
Nothing major happening in my neck of the woods other than being able to visit Bailey for an hour or so on the wkend now (outside social distancing with masks and gloves b/c of her immune system). That is a huge thing for us though b/c we have missed her like crazy and other than the carehome couple that take care of her, we are the only other people she has in her life. So, I'm so grateful for that now.
I'm so glad they're letting you have visits now! That must have been so hard, not being able to see her.

Nothing much is new here. I'm done with work for the year--teaching preschoolers over Zoom is something I never thought I'd do and hope to never need to do again! My kids have 2 more weeks of school. I'm torn about it ending. On the one hand, I'm looking forward to not having to be Ben's special ed teacher and devote so much time to his schoolwork. On the other hand, I think having that few hours of school a day has been keeping all 3 of the kids grounded and given them some structure. Not sure what will happen when school ends and we're still trapped in the house. I need to look into some virtual classes or other online activities that each of them can do this summer.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:27 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Wendy, so sorry to hear about your son's issues. I hope the GI doctor can get him all fixed up and hopefully a new eating plan will help in the future.

Storms here in the Tennessee valley/Midwest can get hairy coming over those mountains. Hopefully your power/internet stays on for awhile so that you can gel out and scrap away.

I was able to get my hair finally cut on Thursday so I am a happy camper with hair being done. I am continuing to work from home through at least 6/22/2020 so even though I am home I am still working so at least I am getting paid.

Last edited by rdjrneace; 05-31-2020 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 08:55 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Wendy that sounds like a horrendous week and surely the next one will have to be an improvement. I really hope they can sort out your little guy and get him feeling better soon

Things are getting better here in Australia and our state is well into the process of opening up again. We are allowed to go out, most of our shops are opened again, we are allowed to travel within our state and we are able to eat out in limited numbers.

Even thought the Covid 19 restrictions are easing I have been housebound for the past couple of weeks as my husband is recovering from surgery. We have a couple of appointments this week and then we just have to wait until he is able to drive again and then I'll be able to think about going back to work. In the meantime I'm looking forward to another week of scrapbooking time.

Hugs to everyone who is doing it tough

Old 05-31-2020, 08:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Man, Wendy, you can't catch a break. I'm sorry you have to watch your baby have terrible things done to him to get him the help he needs. I hope these new dietary changes make it better.

Our Internet got restored last weekend after being off for a MONTH, and life is so much better. Plus, the end of school meant the beginning of joy for us. I'm just enjoying being at home with my people with nowhere to go and nothing to do except what i choose to do. Saturday I spent the entire day listening to The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes & scrapping June 2019 for my pocket album. I love this life!
Old 05-31-2020, 09:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wendy, you had a doozy of a week. Hoping you get some answers from your son's GI and he gets some relief. Been there, done that, unfortunately, including appointments and surgical procedures and inpatient stays out of town by myself with him (when he was young). You will definitely be in my prayers. I know the stress and exhaustion that can cause! Hoping your power and internet stay on. Quarantine with no power and internet is torture!

Rae, so glad you can see B again!! That must have been so hard to be apart.

Kellie, enjoy your scrapping!!

Kim, hoping your husband recovers quickly!

Debbie, hooray for haircuts! It's the little things...

Rachel, hoping you can find a routine that works for your kids.

Dawn, congratulations on your daughter's graduation! So glad you were able to make it special despite the challenges and no real ceremony.

Amie, so glad your cars survived the storm without damage!

I've been making meals for a friend who had a knee replacement and another friend whose husband is dying. It does put things in perspective. I did get to float in the lake one day, get a haircut, andI rode bikes and went out to dinner with my husband for our anniversary.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:55 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

OH Wendy what a chaotic week for you! Sending you big big hugs, darling!

Our week has been OK until Saturday morning came. Michael suddenly got a fever and uncomfortable stomach when he woke up. It went downhill from there... He had no appetite, energy and became super quiet. He was aching all over because of the fever. Lan was already paranoid, thinking covid as the worst case...
Well, the day wasn't so bad, because my mom & dad helped to monitor him too, but the night watch was quite tough for Michael and I. He ate very little during the day and mostly just drank water, and kept saying his head and throat hurt. He couldn't swallow the paracetamol without throwing it out along with the water. So I gave up on it and decided to just keep changing the wet towel on his forehead and wiping off his body to cool him down. It wasn't until 4am that he fell asleep and I was able to doze off.
Sunday wasn't so bad, but he was still energy-less and didn't have appetite, so he mostly stayed quietly in bed. I was so relieved that he got to sleep soundly by 10PM and had no fever, though I kept waking up to check on him!

Now that he's OK, I'm the one super exhausted and with a waist pain. Gah!
Old 06-01-2020, 09:44 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh! Wendy! Are you finally going to get a break!!?? It's been something after something for you lately. I'm so sorry and wish I could offer some support!
Old 06-01-2020, 01:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh my, Wendy...that is such an awful week (which is a huge understatement). I can only hope that this week will be so much better ♥
Old 06-01-2020, 09:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sorry to hear things have been so rough, Wendy. It's gotta get better soon. Hang in there!
Old 06-03-2020, 11:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
This week has GOT to be better.

I missed seeing bunches of gorgeous layouts from you. I hope that you'll have much more scrapping & chatting time this week
Fingers crossed!! At least our big doctor day is over, even though that made for a long day. Today is catch up. But hopefully we can catch each other and chat....and scrap!

Quote:
B lives in a carehome (she will always need to be in a medically staffed carehome setting). Yes, I walk Taz twice every day. I need that fresh air as much as he does. We have dog grooming clippers/razor from when we had our cockapoo sheltie yrs ago. Hubs found them and we all trimmed our hair with them LOL. Luckily a friend is a hairdresser and she is going to clean up my cut tomorrow at her place. She's not going back to work b/c she doesn't feel safe in a salon, too many people coming and going, so is going to have a few friends that she'll cut at home, having us gloved and masked. I'm happy, it'll be safer, cheaper and is only a few doors down from us.
I did not know that about B. Yay for you all cutting your own hair! I understand your friend not wanting to go back to the salon. People are doing that here too, out of their homes so they can be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Oh man! The IG crap was just icing on the cake huh!? Hopefully that get's worked out for you. Sometimes I hate technology & the fact that you need passwords & hackers & everything is such a downer... Fingers crossed your internet/power goes better this week too!

We had a big storm come thru yesterday at the lake house with wind, hail & such. I was SUPER worried about our cars (they have all glass roofs!) and the hail and after fretting over that & watching forecasts for a bit, my hubby put me at ease with the statement "they are just cars. Our safety is most important!" Crazy how just saying that- even though I KNOW it already, changed my head space. AND, besides some branches & LOTS of pine needles, everything (and us!) were just fine. We did lose power for a bit, but even that was tolerable. We're now home & doing the usually sunday (laundry, stripping beds, etc) and getting ready for the next week- I have cupcakes to bake for a coworkers bday tomorrow & work tues/wed. Besides the kids schooling from home- our life is about 75% back to normal- which is good for my sanity- even if work is just crazy now! Hope to see you around this week!
uugh, hail!!! That's so traumatizing!! I'm so glad everything was okay. Yay for things being somewhat back to normal for you guys! One of these days we'll have to have a get-together at your house and watch you bake!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
So sorry things have been crazy for you! Praying things get better from here!

This must have been the week for hackers! K had her spotify account hacked (I guess they really wanted to listen to Contemporary Christian Music), and her Roblox account! Changed some passwords and it seems to be fine now! I made sure McAfee was installed on her phone just to be safe, and hopefully nothing else gets hacked!

Yesterday my oldest's Church Youth Group surprised her with a Graduation Service in the front yard! Afterwards we went to all of her previous schools to take photos/portraits! It was a really special day! It would have been her actual Graduation Day had this stupidity not happened. We're thankful we were able to still make it a special day for her!
Oh no! It must have been the week they hit a lot of people. I'm sorry you all had to deal with that as well.

That's awesome that they did that for S and you were able to get photos of her in front of all of her previous schools. I can't believe she's done school! How are we old enough to have teenagers, much less graduated from high school teenagers?!?
Old 06-03-2020, 12:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjrneace View Post
Wendy, so sorry to hear about your son's issues. I hope the GI doctor can get him all fixed up and hopefully a new eating plan will help in the future.

Storms here in the Tennessee valley/Midwest can get hairy coming over those mountains. Hopefully your power/internet stays on for awhile so that you can gel out and scrap away.

I was able to get my hair finally cut on Thursday so I am a happy camper with hair being done. I am continuing to work from home through at least 6/22/2020 so even though I am home I am still working so at least I am getting paid.
He had to have a ton of testing and labwork done yesterday. We were at his appointment for several hours. Depending the results, he has surgery scheduled for August and he'll start seeing a special GI specialist for his issues.

you aren't kididng about those storms!! The heat yesterday was miserable!! It was 95 where I was at and when I drove home after 5pm, it was still above 90!! I have a feeling KY and I are never going to get along with it being as hot as it is here!

Yay for you being able to get your hair cut! That's always a good day. I'm glad even through all of this you are still able to work from home and stay safe!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimGeling View Post
Wendy that sounds like a horrendous week and surely the next one will have to be an improvement. I really hope they can sort out your little guy and get him feeling better soon

Things are getting better here in Australia and our state is well into the process of opening up again. We are allowed to go out, most of our shops are opened again, we are allowed to travel within our state and we are able to eat out in limited numbers.

Even thought the Covid 19 restrictions are easing I have been housebound for the past couple of weeks as my husband is recovering from surgery. We have a couple of appointments this week and then we just have to wait until he is able to drive again and then I'll be able to think about going back to work. In the meantime I'm looking forward to another week of scrapbooking time.

Hugs to everyone who is doing it tough
Yay for things opening up again. I don't blame you for going out while your husband is recovering. His health and safety are far more important right now! I'm glad you are passing the time by with lots of scrapping! I love seeing your layouts!
Old 06-03-2020, 01:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Man, Wendy, you can't catch a break. I'm sorry you have to watch your baby have terrible things done to him to get him the help he needs. I hope these new dietary changes make it better.

Our Internet got restored last weekend after being off for a MONTH, and life is so much better. Plus, the end of school meant the beginning of joy for us. I'm just enjoying being at home with my people with nowhere to go and nothing to do except what i choose to do. Saturday I spent the entire day listening to The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes & scrapping June 2019 for my pocket album. I love this life!
I thought about you when ours was out. I don't know how you did it for an entire month!! you are a saint! I'm glad the kiddos are done school and things have gone back to being a little more easy-going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
Wendy, you had a doozy of a week. Hoping you get some answers from your son's GI and he gets some relief. Been there, done that, unfortunately, including appointments and surgical procedures and inpatient stays out of town by myself with him (when he was young). You will definitely be in my prayers. I know the stress and exhaustion that can cause! Hoping your power and internet stay on. Quarantine with no power and internet is torture!

I've been making meals for a friend who had a knee replacement and another friend whose husband is dying. It does put things in perspective. I did get to float in the lake one day, get a haircut, and I rode bikes and went out to dinner with my husband for our anniversary.
I know you know all the troubles involved with those issues!! you are an amazing mom and woman for enduring all that years before I am enduring it!

You are so thoughtful and kind to make meals for your friend and your other friend. I'm so sorry hear about her husband and cannot imagine the emotions she faces daily.

I saw you celebrated your 28th anniversary!!! Happy anniversary to you guys!! I'm glad you were able to get out, go floating, get a haircut and feel "normal" after many weeks of this pandemic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
OH Wendy what a chaotic week for you! Sending you big big hugs, darling!

Our week has been OK until Saturday morning came. Michael suddenly got a fever and uncomfortable stomach when he woke up. It went downhill from there... He had no appetite, energy and became super quiet. He was aching all over because of the fever. Lan was already paranoid, thinking covid as the worst case...
Well, the day wasn't so bad, because my mom & dad helped to monitor him too, but the night watch was quite tough for Michael and I. He ate very little during the day and mostly just drank water, and kept saying his head and throat hurt. He couldn't swallow the paracetamol without throwing it out along with the water. So I gave up on it and decided to just keep changing the wet towel on his forehead and wiping off his body to cool him down. It wasn't until 4am that he fell asleep and I was able to doze off.
Sunday wasn't so bad, but he was still energy-less and didn't have appetite, so he mostly stayed quietly in bed. I was so relieved that he got to sleep soundly by 10PM and had no fever, though I kept waking up to check on him!

Now that he's OK, I'm the one super exhausted and with a waist pain. Gah!
I was so nervous reading that. Is he feeling better now? I'm so sorry you had some sleepless days, but am so thankful you had your parents there to help you and support you through this. Waist pain, that's not good. Little girl needs to be good to her mama and not cause any issues or upset belly aches! Please tell me you were able to rest and you are okay now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Ugh! Wendy! Are you finally going to get a break!!?? It's been something after something for you lately. I'm so sorry and wish I could offer some support!
If it means getting to see you, then yes!!! Although I wouldn't want you to risk getting the virus. One day we'll make it up to the DC Metro area again and we'll have to make the extra hour or so drive up to MD to see you all!