Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-25-2020, 09:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Can't get into it

UGH my scrapping mojo is zapped....I just can't get into it
This COVID-19 thing I guess is affecting me more than I know as time goes on, they just extended our stay inside order until June 12th

I'm loving that I can work from home, but I think that's part of why my scrapping time has gone down, I sit at my PC all day for work and then I'm like, DONE, stick a fork in me.

I used to go to work, come home and be able to sit at my PC to scrap after work as a creative release. now.....

Old 05-25-2020, 10:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry!! I really hope your mojo comes back.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:30 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think there are a lot of people feeling exactly like you are! Do you have any other creative interests you could focus on right now? I'm still scrapping, but I've also started doing some sewing after a few years off.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Don't stress about it. Take some time to do other things. I have changed my schedule during COVID. My daughter moved back in, my hubs is around more now, so I spend more time at night having family time and have switched most of my scrapping to early morning or lunchtime. I am also facetiming with family at night for half an hour or so so I am enjoying that and not feeling the need to scrap after dinner often. I'm reading a bit more now too and getting outdoors every day for fresh air which I've always done b/c I need to get Taz out walking but I'm enjoying the walk in a different way now b/c I used to go shopping, drive around a lot and now I just walk around our neighborhood and enjoy chatting with the neighbors a lot more.

Your mojo will come back, don't stress...find things to do to relax.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I feel the same way, I just have no mojo I know it will likely rebound someday because I know I still love scrapping, but times are tough. Big hugs my friend!!
Old 05-25-2020, 02:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry working from home has messed with your mojo. You aren't the first person I've heard say this exact thing. I know you probably don't see it, but hopefully we are at the end of this long year and people can start going back to work, resuming their normal lives before the virus hit our world.

Old 05-25-2020, 03:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks ladies. HUGS!!!

Old 05-25-2020, 04:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry! But, I agree with the above postings--try some different creative outlets. I've been doing one of those complex coloring pages. A few minutes every now and then is just what I need.
It'll come back to you when you are ready.
Old 05-25-2020, 04:35 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Kiana*~ View Post
This COVID-19 thing I guess is affecting me more than I know as time goes on, they just extended our stay inside order until June 12th
Ditto! I'm glad I'm not alone. I can't even get myself to open photoshop. Weird feeling of inability to sit still, unable to concentrate on anything. I can't even read a book lately. And it's a chore to open the laptop after spending all day working on the same laptop (rather than in my office on a desktop).
Sigh.
I come here to scroll and hopefully get a jolt of inspiration but can't get my fingers to open my own programs & supplies.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Same here. For the second straight month! I should probably take a break, but the last time I did that, it ended up being 4.5 years!
Old 05-25-2020, 09:17 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I think a lot of us are feeling this way. My mojo was SUPER zapped for months. (((hugs)))

Proudly creating for Traci Reed Happy Creator for Studio Basic Designs
Creative Guest for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Feb-Mar

GALLERY | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
Old 05-25-2020, 10:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I get it. Things are all messed up! Hoping you can scrap again soon!
Old 05-25-2020, 10:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I feel you. For me, having my people around all the time leaves me feeling guilty 24/7 for being on the computer.

I've also been working on my pocket album for 2019, and sticking with one style & one kit for a whole month makes me feel burnt out by the time I do the last page for that month. I know I could switch it up, but I like the finished product when each month matches.
Old 05-25-2020, 11:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Kiana,
How about taking some pictures that you MUST SCRAP! Some silly stuff from the kiddos or you!

Old 05-25-2020, 11:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Totally understandable. Don't feel you HAVE to scrap. Read a book, spend time with family. Watch a movie. Get back into an old hobby. Use the time to record your own family history, or record journalling for future pages. Reorganise your scrap supplies. Back up your computer. Clean the house (joking!). Know that this feeling will pass, and that for now it's ok to do something else for a while.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:19 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I totally understand how you feel, Kiana. Like what Jacinda said, don't feel like you HAVE to scrap and don't force yourself to scrap. Take some time off, do other things that you enjoy. Your mojo will return again sooner or later. Hugs!
Old 05-26-2020, 06:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think a global pandemic will do that to you I feel the same..every single day I have all the right intentions to start scrapping and if I have even finished one layout that day, I'm happy but most days....well, not a lot of scrapping happens. With my chores around the house and my men home...I just do not have the mojo I used to have before everything with covid-19 started so don't feel bad. There are a lot more scrappers who have found that their mojo has pretty much left the building. If you can scrap, scrap but if not...don't be too hard on yourself
Old 05-26-2020, 07:05 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I hope you get your mojo back soon. It's so understandable, though, that it's been misplaced. My routine is sooo different these past couple of months (as is everyone's) and it feels like it's been half a year. lol Hang in there! You'll find that scrapping bug before long.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

I'm loving that I can work from home, but I think that's part of why my scrapping time has gone down, I sit at my PC all day for work and then I'm like, DONE, stick a fork in me.

I used to go to work, come home and be able to sit at my PC to scrap after work as a creative release. now.....
This is me as well!
I can totally relate!

Old 05-26-2020, 07:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwong View Post
Ditto! I'm glad I'm not alone. I can't even get myself to open photoshop. Weird feeling of inability to sit still, unable to concentrate on anything. I can't even read a book lately. And it's a chore to open the laptop after spending all day working on the same laptop (rather than in my office on a desktop).
Sigh.
I come here to scroll and hopefully get a jolt of inspiration but can't get my fingers to open my own programs & supplies.
Sorry you're going thru this too. I'm sure once we get back to some normalcy we'll be scrapping again!

Old 05-26-2020, 07:36 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
Same here. For the second straight month! I should probably take a break, but the last time I did that, it ended up being 4.5 years!
Oh no, 4.5 years!!!

Old 05-26-2020, 07:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks everyone. It's nice to know I'm not alone too and that some of you feel the same.

I'm not forcing myself to scrap except for CT's. Other than that, I'm just hanging out and I have been doing some other creative things.

HUGS to you all!!!

Old 05-26-2020, 10:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Maybe doing some organizing with your stash.

Think about photos you want to scrap, group them with the kits/templates you'd like to use when you around to them so you don't forget.

I feel like scrapping has kept me sane and has given me focus, but I understand why you wouldn't be in the mode to. I just had to order a stand up desk for at home because I'm sitting so much with working from home and all the scrapping I've been doing.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

BIG HUGS!! Me too! I feel like I'm stuck in Groundhog day!! I've managed to post a few layouts last week but it's a struggle!!
Old 05-26-2020, 02:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, Kiana From everyone else's comments, you're definitely not alone. I think most of us are feeling like that. {{Big hugs!!}}
I've had a hard time juggling/balancing since moving my mom here. I feel guilty for being on the computer, and at the end of the day, like you, stick a fork in me. LOL!

I know that your (and all of our) mojo will return. Hang in there!!
Old 05-26-2020, 02:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post
Maybe doing some organizing with your stash.

Think about photos you want to scrap, group them with the kits/templates you'd like to use when you around to them so you don't forget.

I feel like scrapping has kept me sane and has given me focus, but I understand why you wouldn't be in the mode to. I just had to order a stand up desk for at home because I'm sitting so much with working from home and all the scrapping I've been doing.
I find that organizing helps my creativity, too, Vanessa.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've found it harder to scrap lately too, and I don't work from home or anything. I actually found it easier to scrap only for myself and not for my CT's. As much as I love my teams and don't plan on going anywhere, I just need to scrap for me right now, and what I am feeling, than try to make a page fit their kit. That probably sounds awful, but it's the only way I'm getting back into this currently.

I've also found myself less on the computer. For one the girls have been playing online and I'm fine with that, for another our internet has been activing up and we're just watching more movies or doing projects together!

Praying that our state opens up soon and we can go back to normal. It seems more and more people are doing so with or without her approval currently!
Old 05-27-2020, 08:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is where the personal goal I gave myself at the end of 2019 to try to scrap only in Affinity Photo has paid off. At night, I sit on the couch with my iPad to scrap. If I had to sit at the same desk I'd sat at all day working to scrap at night, I know I wouldn't be scrapping much.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

Me too! Having a hard time making a monthly page for my PL album. Pathetic.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

This is SOOOOO me too! I told my husband a few days ago that my happy creative space is now my stressful, deadline, demanding, crazy place. I even sigh as I enter the office. That was never the case before. I looked forward to jumping on line and scrappin.

I have been doing a few other creative things, but I miss scrapping. I want to do it, but I find I am forcing it. My mojo seems to be gone. I guess maybe I need to figure out a way to change my space. Maybe have it one way for work and something different for fun. Oh well I hope this passes soon.

I am sorry that others are feeling this way too. It stinks having the thing you love not being enjoyable.