Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 11-30-2020, 02:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default QOTW: 11/30

It's almost December which is when I feel the holiday season really starts.

When does your holiday season start? What do you do?
Old 11-30-2020, 02:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

December 1st my holiday mugs come out of the cabinet and go into the kitchen cupboard. I think I'll head out in the morning to a local store and see what Xmas mugs they have and buy a new one for me and Jen (hubs doesn't care about mugs so he has a few already that he's happy with), but Jen and I love new mugs.

I get into full on Hallmark Xmas movie mode and have already PVR'd about 15 so will start watching them each night as I go to bed. I'm already into holiday book reading (started a few wks ago) and read books related to or set in the winter/Xmas time frame. Right now I'm reading Comfort & Joy and really like it. I've got a few more already on my phone app ready to read next.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

December 23rd, lol.

My goal is to get my tree up from the basement and put it up this weekend but we will see. I am a weather person and can't get into Christmas when it is still green out which sadly the last few years it has been. Think I wore a light jacket last year, not my winter coat.

I have my cranberry wreath on the door and my Christmoose sign outside but that is it. Shopping has started though.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving, and that's usually the time we start listening to Christmas music, watching Christmas movies, etc. This year, we stuck to our tradition of waiting to put up the tree, but it just "felt right" to let the music & movies begin early since it's been a winter wonderland outside here since October
Old 11-30-2020, 04:10 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
December 1st my holiday mugs come out of the cabinet and go into the kitchen cupboard. I think I'll head out in the morning to a local store and see what Xmas mugs they have and buy a new one for me and Jen (hubs doesn't care about mugs so he has a few already that he's happy with), but Jen and I love new mugs.
I love the idea of bringing out special mugs this month!
Old 11-30-2020, 04:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Christmas starts as soon as I can get it to start. We put the tree up a few weeks ago bc we traveled for Thanksgiving. We went to Disney for 4 days then rented a house with my inlaws for a week. My tree is up, outside is decorated, kids have a small tree, gnomes all over the house etc...special hand towels, throw pillows the works. I go a bit crazy for Christmas here. It is my favorite. <3
In the past we have put the tree up after Thanksgiving but our kids have the whole week off and we have traveled the last several years so I think I like having everything up and decorated when we get back. Our elf "Bob" shows up tomorrow on Dec 01. We are home until the Dec 18 this year then we travel again to go back to my inlaws to spend the rest of the year at their house. We will be staying with them for 2 weeks for Christmas. My parents are nearby and my sister will be coming to visit for a couple of days as well.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hanukkah isn't really a season the way Christmas is. There are no movies on tv, no songs on the radio, fewer (if any) parties and community events, and the decorating is much simpler than what people do for Christmas. (We're talking 20 minutes tops at my house, but that's 20 minutes more than I spend decorating for any other holiday!) So...it's really just the 8 days of Hanukkah. I've been considering having our equivalent of Elf on a Shelf come a few days early this year so he can quarantine, but that's all we'll do before Hanukkah starts.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We usually put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and then decorate. This year we started on Thanksgiving night since we didn't have company. I am almost done decorating....
Old 12-01-2020, 07:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Got the tree up after Thanksgiving and woke up to a thick blanket of snow this morning. It feels like the season is here.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Got the tree up after Thanksgiving and woke up to a thick blanket of snow this morning. It feels like the season is here.
I woke up to snow as well, now I want to put my tree up
Old 12-01-2020, 11:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

About December 20th if I’m doing well....it’s not that I don’t like Christmas, it’s more the build up isn’t something I get overly excited by. In fact this year, Christmas is just another day as family aren’t able to travel due to costs til sometime in January.....can’t really blame them when flights are 3 or 4 times their normal prices thanks to COVID, Christmas, Summer holidays etc.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv