Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Unhappy I'm Getting Sick Again.

Ever since I went back to work and started working outside the home, I have been sick. I've had the flu, either for a while or twice, not sure which one. I've had a sinus/ear infection and a sore throat, which put me on antibiotics, which also made me throw up and now I'm getting that sore throat and cough all over again.

I know that my body is not used to all these germs, I've been pretty sheltered for the past 8 years and now they're coming at me from all angles. Me - school. Kids - school/daycare. Walmart.

I'm feeling sorry for myself. I've just had it with feeling this way.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Awww huge hugs hun I know what you mean about working with kids theres everything going around! I usually get the flu injection which I have found helps lots x
Old 11-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

that sucks...I hope you feel better soon~
Old 11-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Misery loves company!? I feel for you...going through another round of sickness here. Between the germs we collect at work, daycare and shopping I think there's something being spread in the house every 4-6 weeks (at least). First it was DH and the kids, now me too. And winter isn't even here yet! I'll pity party with you.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

It's been over two months for me as well. I'm really hoping that my body gets used to being back at work soon cause this really really sucks. I feel for you. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I feel for you too! Blake got sick over the weekend with a nasty cold. Today both DH and I are battling sore throats. And I think the baby is getting sick too.... UGH!

Old 11-02-2011, 02:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry! I can relate to perennially being sick, it's the pits! I hope you be well soon *HUG*
Old 11-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I know what you mean - when I started back at work (after 8 years at home!) I was so sick . . over and over again. The work peeps told me it was probably the air conditioning, spreading everyones germs around . . I dont know if that's true but I know I was sick of being sick!!!!!!! Hope you're feeling better soon

Donna
Old 11-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

So sorry, it stinks to be sick and have so many responsibilities. Hope you feel better soon! Have you tried taking Airborne (sp?)? I have a couple of teacher friends who swear by it. Maybe not strong enough to prevent the flu, but may keep you from getting every little thing that goes around.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've got a call in to the Public Health and will ask about flu shots. DS is also due for his 5yr. immunizations, so maybe we can all do that at the same time.

I've gotten the flu shot before and it worked for me last year, so here's hoping it'll work again.

I've had control over all the germs coming in and out of my house over the past years, plus DH installed some sort of thing in our HRV, that helps to kill viral germs (can't remember what he called it), but it the air in our house goes through it and comes out again.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

We are all sick here too. My little one started Saturday before last - and is still sick. We've had our flu shots and as soon as the little guy got sick, I started downing the Airborne and Cold Remedy to try to prevent it. No such luck. This is my 3rd day home from work because we aren't allowed to go to work if we even have a sniffle.

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett