Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default Portfolio Woahs

Ok - I need some accountability this next month on my portfolio. I really wanted to get my ten points in this month (only my 2nd month doing the portfolio) and I didn't quite make it once again. I started on my three about me layouts for my last five points and one and half done and then crashed out. The good thing is I did some great pages -- but I still want to get enough points to actually get a discount :-D
Old 08-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was going to do the paper bag album in June with my son and bought the kit he picked out, but we didn't get it done before he left to spend a month with his grandparents. So, no June portfolio for me.

I was pretty busy in July and wasn't going to do one, but something just clicked last Saturday and I bought three kits and was up to 14 points by Friday. (I really appreciated those NR points!) I was aiming for the full 30 points and had a fun day yesterday playing with some hybrid. I made two altered notebooks for my boys and two cards. So I made 30 points with 21 base points, 5 NR points, and 4 hybrid points. And I did it in 7 days! My advice would be to scrap whatever you feel like in the moment. If you start a LO and it's just not flowing, move on to something else. When I hit creative block with LO's, I switched to hybrid projects and I had a ton of fun playing with scissors and glue!!

Good luck with your portfolio this month!
Old 08-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What I do is print out the list and highlight the ones that initially stand out to me...that is usually like 25 points or so, and that gives me a visual right in front of my face. I have only once ever gotten 30 points...it's my goal to get there again!!

Good luck this month!!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 08-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I do the same thing that Sara said..........I print it out and highlight the ones that I want to do or I already have pictures to do. I even make notes on the side about an idea I have or what pictures to use. I have been doing it since January and got a discount each month. Tess, you know that I will pester you if you want! The biggest piece of advise.......do the hybrid project first. That is automatically 10 points and you earn a discount. Then the rest is just icing on the cake!

Good luck this month! You can do this!!!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I only joined SSD half way through July and discovered the portfolio. As of 30th I had around 11-12 points and I had a mad full day of creating. The hybrid points were a huge help (I am primarily a paper scrapper so playing with REAL stuff isn't at all daunting!) and I added in a couple of cards to get me through the 30 pt barrier. I was thrilled I have to say. The lure of that 40% discount plus the variety and flexibity of the challenges really worked for me.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 08-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the encouragement girls! I think I will go through the list and highlight the ones I want to do. I would really like to try a hybrid project but I need to get a color cartridge for my printer right now. I love the portfolio though - it is great to get out of the box and do something new.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The idea with the hybrid project as your first is a good one. Never tried it this way, but it makes sense.

Also, I find it helps doing the 2-point or 5-point challenges if they "speak to you", and get as much points for hybrid and/or using a new release. Thus, if you do a 2-point challenge in hybrid form and with a new kit, you get 4 points with one project only.

Good luck!

Last edited by adrianka; 08-02-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Yeah I didn't get done as much on the July Portfolio as I wanted. I was on a roll and then work got busy and well, crash and burn! LOL

Anyway, I've decided this month to have a game plan. I'm going for the big point projects first. Going to tackle the hybrid and then the 5 pointers and so on...I'll see at the end of August if this works.

I really need to start using more NRs on my portfolio layouts too for the extra points.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I agree, the key for me has been doing the hybrid project! Then I look for the ones with 3 LO's / 5 points and/or do any one of them with a New Release.