Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 12-05-2019, 03:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default All about the weather

I'm going to create a page about the weather. We're having lots of rain and I don't think any snow is forecasted for December here on the west coast.

I sure hope we get some in January b/c I love getting snow pics (just don't want to shovel it LOL).

What about you? What's your weather and do you ever scrap pages about it?
Old 12-05-2019, 04:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We get it all here in Ohio. I usually do scenic pages with seasons, but rarely do I do pages about weather. I probably should!
Old 12-05-2019, 05:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Horrible! Bone dry, stinking hot, windy at times... the whole country is on fire (to varying degrees), alot of towns are running out of water and our koala populations have been decimated (in NSW). I'm in Sydney - right under that thick red band of fires down the east coast. The air is full of smoke 24/7, going on a month now. It's extremely worrying as no rain is forecast anytime soon.

It's depressing to think about but I guess I'll mention it somewhere in a scrapbook page for my 2019 album.

Old 12-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Weather today was in the 70's. I actually had the a/c on earlier because the house was above 75 and with my middle, I have to keep the temps between 66-68 degrees. So I got the temps down before she came home from school.

Do I scrap the weather?
Not really. But I have in the past.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
Horrible! Bone dry, stinking hot, windy at times... the whole country is on fire (to varying degrees), alot of towns are running out of water and our koala populations have been decimated (in NSW). I'm in Sydney - right under that thick red band of fires down the east coast. The air is full of smoke 24/7, going on a month now. It's extremely worrying as no rain is forecast anytime soon.

It's depressing to think about but I guess I'll mention it somewhere in a scrapbook page for my 2019 album.

Wow!! That's horrible how much of your country is on fire! Its on fire just because it's dry? Is this normal (well, fires and dryness?)
Old 12-05-2019, 09:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

That is a lot fire zones. That's really sad about the koalas. We get a lot of forest fires here too in BC, in the interior. We are on the coast so not in the fire zone area but can get the smoke smog here in the summer from the fires.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I'm going to create a page about the weather. We're having lots of rain and I don't think any snow is forecasted for December here on the west coast.

I sure hope we get some in January b/c I love getting snow pics (just don't want to shovel it LOL).

What about you? What's your weather and do you ever scrap pages about it?
I love snow pictures too! But where we are right now doesn't snow. Lots of cold and hot weather but no snow. We drive up to get some snow
Old 12-06-2019, 02:14 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Rain and wind, had a few colder days with sun.
Now its 10 degrees, not that cold for december.
I only scrap the weather when there is snow.
Because we dont have that often in the
Netherlands. And i like snow.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It has been really cold but sunny. I LOVE it.
But the weather changed yesterday. It's now less cold but rainy.

I scrap about the weather all the time.
I include weather pages in my yearbook, but also in my travel albums. I scrap about the weather with pictures but also photoless.

One of my most recent pages about the cold weather.

Journal page about heavy rain we had on vacation. We went camping and our tent was floaded.

And just a random layout about the rain I made last year.

Old 12-08-2019, 09:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I should do some weather pages. I haven't really. I have a picture I am trying to determine how to scrap.

You see, in the fall, after we had closed up the pool, we had a cold and rainy day. It was this day that my 150lb dog decided to jump IN to the pool. So thankful that my kid was home from school sick that day, heard the commotion and found the dog. He alerted us and my husband ran home to take care of it.

So, my son took this photo of this dog out there, in the pool, looking sad and miserable in the rain and cold. I really want to scrap it but haven't figured out how to spin it yet.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Our weather has been pretty boring. Mid-40's, gray but not rainy. I'm ready for the snow to start, but it's usually late December or January before we have any. When the kids were younger, layouts of them playing in the snow were some of my favorites to scrap. Now I might scrap seasonal changes in the weather or weather extremes on my PL pages, but I don't usually devote a whole page to weather.

Quote:
Horrible! Bone dry, stinking hot, windy at times... the whole country is on fire (to varying degrees), alot of towns are running out of water and our koala populations have been decimated (in NSW).
That sounds awful! The weather extremes lately have been downright scary.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We get a lot of snow here, with most being in January & February, so when we get hit with a bunch at once (and especially if there is a snow day from school), I scrap that. I scrap a lot of fall photos/pages because the leaves are so pretty.

Everyday weather, though, not so much.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't really scrap about weather. I find it really hard to get a photo to scrap for certain weather types (like "hot" lol), but IF I do scrap the occasional weather related layout it is pretty much guaranteed to be a cold/snowy layout. I love snow, and I especially love photos of snow

We've had a few flurries here and there so far on the East Coast, but not really any amount of snow to count as anything..... we've been getting a lot of rain (some ice)..... we're in for another BIG rainy and windy week this week..... yuck.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:00 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Horrible! Bone dry, stinking hot, windy at times... the whole country is on fire (to varying degrees), alot of towns are running out of water and our koala populations have been decimated (in NSW). I'm in Sydney - right under that thick red band of fires down the east coast. The air is full of smoke 24/7, going on a month now. It's extremely worrying as no rain is forecast anytime soon.]
I'm so sorry about the horrible fires you are experiencing. I wish we could send you some of our cloudy, wet weather. We are expecting half an inch of rain today (between 1-2 cm). I wish it were colder so it could be snow instead! We do get a lot of snow here, but it usually doesn't really get going until January. Hoping for a white Christmas, though!

I do scrap the weather, especially if I get interesting photos. We had huge rains last winter which flooded our property, and the photos were pretty dramatic. I LOVE to scrap snow, too.