profile gallery send pm
Default Avengers: Endgame ~ Spoilers ~

Let's talk about Endgame!

Spoilers ahead, don't go any further
Old 04-29-2019, 02:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What did you guys think?

Aside from the whole time travel and basically screwing up the timeline of all the previous movies and how exactly all stones got put back, etc. I LOVED IT!

I thought Tony dying was sad, but he should have died way back in Iron Man, and he really got his happy ending, seeing his dad, sweet little girl.

As soon as we saw Clint & Nat going to get the Soul Stone, I knew where that was going. It was sad, but I was ok with it.

LOVED what they did with Cap.

Wish Thor would have gotten thin again, before the end. LOL!

Hated Captain Marvel's hair cut.

Otherwise, I don't think I had any complaints.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I thought it was SO funny the timeline talk and they laughing about all other movies.

I really REALLY loved it! I cried and laughed and YELLED on the movies. hahah Everyone was super excited, so no one noticed, but wow! haha

I never liked Captain A so I was like "wherever, dude". haha Always thought he was boring. (don't even think he is hot haha)

I thought they could have showed Thor and all his drama without all the 'fat funny' jokes because kids, but, well...

All the Iron Man thing made me cry like crazy! I think the final was perfect for him. ♥

I knew Captain Marvel would help saving everyone, but I thought she would do more. And Hulk!! OMG! They changed Hulk sooo much we would not even miss him if he wasn't on the movie. :/

All the women fighting together at the end made me cry too and I was like "omg! we could really rock the world if we could be more like that", kwim?

Nat... another cry! I love Clint & Nat story, the fact they never tried to put them like couple, they were friends... :/ But I read somewhere there is a movie coming for Nat... maybe they will make something to save her?

And besides all that...

Old 04-29-2019, 02:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I agree, I thought Captain Marvel would play a bigger role too. But I just saw an interview that they did this movie, before her movie, before they even had a script, so maybe they weren't sure what she could do exactly yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubia Padilha View Post
I thought it was SO funny the timeline talk and they laughing about all other movies.

I really REALLY loved it! I cried and laughed and YELLED on the movies. hahah Everyone was super excited, so no one noticed, but wow! haha

I never liked Captain A so I was like "wherever, dude". haha Always thought he was boring. (don't even think he is hot haha)

I thought they could have showed Thor and all his drama without all the 'fat funny' jokes because kids, but, well...

All the Iron Man thing made me cry like crazy! I think the final was perfect for him. ♥

I knew Captain Marvel would help saving everyone, but I thought she would do more. And Hulk!! OMG! They changed Hulk sooo much we would not even miss him if he wasn't on the movie. :/

All the women fighting together at the end made me cry too and I was like "omg! we could really rock the world if we could be more like that", kwim?

Nat... another cry! I love Clint & Nat story, the fact they never tried to put them like couple, they were friends... :/ But I read somewhere there is a movie coming for Nat... maybe they will make something to save her?

And besides all that...

Old 04-29-2019, 03:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Yes, I read that too, but still thought she would do more. But they were trying to close Iron Man story, so I get it. He deserved that end saving everyone.

Oh, I cannot wait to watch it again. SOOOO good!!!
Old 04-29-2019, 03:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

So my big question after the movie is what happened to Gamora? We didn't see her turn to dust but she wasn't there in the end and Star Lord was searching for on his computer. Since the time travel thing, they went back before Gamora was sacraficed so is she still alive? Is there going to be a Guardians movie with Thor in so they can search for Gamora? Or was this the end of all Marvel movies, or just the Avengers?
Old 04-29-2019, 03:22 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Bennett View Post
So my big question after the movie is what happened to Gamora? We didn't see her turn to dust but she wasn't there in the end and Star Lord was searching for on his computer. Since the time travel thing, they went back before Gamora was sacraficed so is she still alive? Is there going to be a Guardians movie with Thor in so they can search for Gamora? Or was this the end of all Marvel movies, or just the Avengers?

Yes, I thought about her too, Mel... even more because I really want that Nat can be brought back. Di says that who really died, like the one I don't know his name, the one with the rock on his forehead, can't be brought back, but that would mean Nat would stay dead and I don't want to believe on that. lol BUUUUUUT she was back/came from the past and vanished in the air, right? Or not?? Argh. I can't remember. See? I need to watch it again. lol
Old 04-29-2019, 03:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa Bennett View Post
It’s just the end of phase three. I’m almost willing to bet that in guardians 3 they’ll be looking for Gamora. Not sure if Thor will join the gang. I hope so!
Old 04-29-2019, 03:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

there is another Guardians movie being planned, so they may go looking for her in that one.

We watched some videos on the whole thing. One of the comic books does focus around the women coming together. They left a lot of openings to continue some of the characters stories, just not the full Avenger's story as we are used to it. Our family all has their individual fav characters, so some of my girls cried. My husband didn't like the movie. He said he wanted more from it, so not sure exactly what he wanted!

Disney+ will have a Loki series as well as a few other spin off series, so those stories will continue.

Overall, we loved it! It was a really good movie and we're excited to see where it goes from here!

Oh, we all did look at each other and ask, "Who's he?" during the memorial service and the teen boy standing alone towards the back. He is the young boy Tony helped in one of his movies (I vaguely remember it, we should have gone back and watched all the movies again before seeing this one).
Old 04-29-2019, 03:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

In a video we saw, they said that the one girl had almost uploaded all of Visions memories or whatever to the computer. so there is a possibility he will come back. Also, there is a hint at a ScarlettVision show I think on Disney+
Old 04-29-2019, 04:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I hope we see thor in the next guardians.off course in the slim version, wasnt so hot now .everybody was laughing when they showed him with his belly.
We limed the part with the golden circles when everybody is coming back and helped fighting.
We thought thor or cap were going to die.
They are my 2 favorites ( i do thing cap is hot ) but is was iron man.the were giving tissues at the door of the movie in the break.trust me youre gonna need it they said.but didnt cry.but it was sad.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:26 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

hahahaha I don't know... Captain A is 'oh. ok' IMO. lol Too nice, kwim? haha

Old 04-29-2019, 04:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I loved the movie. We saw it opening day, and will see it again tomorrow I know there is a lot that I missed because we were a little too close to the screen (not right up front, but too close for me). We'll probably see it a couple more time. Yes, we're Marvel nerds!

I hate to see Iron Man go because I really love Robert Downey, Jr as an actor, but I really loved the ending they gave him. The talk with his dad gave me chills.

I loved the ending they gave Cap. It was so precious and so perfect!!

I'm not super fond of the new Hulk. He's never been my favorite character.

I loved the timeline change for Loki. I'm looking forward to his new series.

Supposedly Gamora's soul was trapped in the Soul Stone, so maybe Nat's is now? I'm looking forward to the new Guardians movie. I think the Black Widow movie is supposed to be her back story, so I don't know if we'll see her beyond that.

And... lastly, I really DIDN'T like Captain Marvel's haircut!! Yuck!
Old 04-29-2019, 08:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I LOVED it!

Thor was my favorite thing in the WHOLE WORLD. Remember in the last one how the Guardians found him, and they said things like, "It's like a pirate had a baby with an angel." and Star Lord was super jealous of how muscular & sexy he was and then to completely switch it was the best for me.

From a storytelling perspective, having Ironman save them all was the perfect end to his character's arc. In Avengers Assemble, Cap says that Tony never does anything unless it benefits him...so to see him save the world at a cost to his own life is really powerful. And when Dr. Strange holds up his finger to remind Tony that there is only ONE ending where they win & Tony knows it's gotta be him...I am sitting here typing this and crying at the beauty of that scene!

I loved how they brought Captain America's story to a satisfying end without killing him. I don't care what it did to other timelines; I'm just glad he got that dance. : ) : ) : )

I really thought Black Widow was safe because HELLO SHE HAS A SOLO MOVIE COMING, so I was really sad, but when they do hard things like that it makes the ending feel even more satisfying to me.

Hulk & Thor are my favorite Avengers (though I'm Loki's girl through and through), and I loved the roles they played.

I was SO GLAD they didn't have Captain Marvel come in and save everyone; that would have been a really cheap way to end it since she only became an Avenger in this movie. I loved that it was the original Avengers, and I loved the throwbacks to the other movies. (Also hated her hair.)

And when Cap heard Sam's voice on his earpiece and looked to his left & THERE WERE THE WIZARDS, that was so good.

The last thing I want to say is that I am so glad Rocket survived the Snap because he was so funny in this one! Though when he was drowning and all he could do was gasp for breath was like the most serious moment of the whole movie for me because it was such a contrast to his normal attitude.

Last edited by joelsgirl; 04-29-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We watched it on Friday...
Old 04-30-2019, 05:23 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I am not a crazy fan of Avengers, but I watched a few of them.
I teared up watching Tony died and I cringed every time I saw the fat-bellied Thor. Ugh... bring back the awesome Thor please.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I sobbed through the ENTIRE thing! Losing people was a bit of a touchy subject since we received some sad news over the weekend. But i'm also a very sensitive person so I think I would've still cried no matter what haha!!

I loved the movie. LOVED the battle scene with all of the women coming together to help Captain Marvel. It was all great! Soooo long but so good.