Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2012, 09:24 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Smile How To Control Facebook's Brain (Before It Controls Yours)!

I have some fun/useful info to share!

So... in case you haven’t noticed, there’s been a lot of chatter in digiland during the past few days about new changes at Facebook, and how those changes will affect your ability to see (or not see!) all of the fun digital scrapbooking news/posts/etc. that you subscribe to.

Lots of designers are posting that their followers need to hover their mouse over "LIKE" on each designer's page, and ensure that "Show In Newsfeed" is checked -- or else that page's posts won't appear in that person's newsfeed. The trouble is... I subscribe to, like, HUNDREDS of pages (and I bet I am not the only one w/ this digi addiction! LOL)... and this process will take a looooooonnngg time.

Luckily, I found an easier way. I wrote a quick tutorial about it on my blog last night. I hope it helps the rest of you stay up to date w/ our fave designers' happenings!

HOW TO CONTROL FACEBOOK'S BRAIN (BEFORE IT CONTROLS YOURS)

Enjoy!
Old 06-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Great article, thanks.

I have a question - if I have lists done under "Favourites" rather than "Interests", does it do the same job?

Old 06-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just set up a list and its awesome...I need to spend more time doing this. ty
Old 06-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Great tutorial! I have been using Lists for a long time and they really do help organize your favorite pages. I have a List for all my favorite scrapbooking sites and designers and it really does make things easier.

And I do like how you can now control what goes into the Newsfeed and what doesn't as far as Pages go. I really prefer to see my friend's updates in the newsfeed. I don't mind reading the Pages separately in their own lists since I can organize by topic (Scrapbooking, Health/Fitness, Books/Movies, etc.)

I know it's frustrating for those of you who have Pages and want to ensure that people are seeing your updates, but I think you'll also understand that some of us have dozens of pages that we've liked and being able to use Lists makes it a lot more likely that I am going to see your updates. When I have so many pages liked and they're just randomly going across my newsfeed, I often miss them. But when I use Lists I really pay attention.

Trust me, I am paying attention to the Sweet Shoppe Designer FB Fan Pages!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like the list functionality and that you can categorize it. i think that this will work much better and because everything is on one list you are more guaranteed to see it IMHO plus it controls the visual clutter. lol
Old 06-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
Great article, thanks.

I have a question - if I have lists done under "Favourites" rather than "Interests", does it do the same job?
I think so. I don't have "Favourites" as an option, but I think that as long as you are able to group the pages together that you want to see together (and then later click on that list and view it on one FB page), it's doing the same thing. For instance, I know I can also create lists like this under "Friends" instead of "Interests".

Old 06-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by whites19 View Post
I think so. I don't have "Favourites" as an option, but I think that as long as you are able to group the pages together that you want to see together (and then later click on that list and view it on one FB page), it's doing the same thing. For instance, I know I can also create lists like this under "Friends" instead of "Interests".

I think that my lists are done under the "Friends" options, but for some reason they show under "Favourites"; I have never noticed that before. Thanks for the answer. I never noticed the lists showed more than the feed, but they sure do!

Old 06-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

This worked great! Thanks Laura. Question, how do you add to the list? When I tried to edit it, it gave me two choices, delete or add to favorites. lol

Never mind, I read down a little farther and found you had already answered this question on your blog. Thanks again.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 06-02-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks!!

Old 06-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You are awesome, Laura. Just awesome! Thanks!

Old 06-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to tettletop20 Send a message via Skype™ to tettletop20

Huh, who knew?! Obviously not me. Thanks for the post!~!!