Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm
Default I went to the doctor today..

Hey guys..I just wanted to post here and let you know what happened today with the Dr.'s visit.

I've basically been a blubbering mess for 3 days..worrying, sleeping, crying, not eating much. So I had an appointment today at 3:15. My Mom drove me and then Jules met up with us after work, so I had them both there with me.

I probably said about 400 prayers while we waited, which was unusually long for my Dr.'s office. I went in for a 3:15 and got back in a room around 5. Agonizing.

So my Dr. comes in and asks me some questions and feels my stomach with me standing, sitting and laying down. She says that they are most likely "fat pockets" or "Lipomas", which as just balls of fat I guess. Since I have lost about 50lbs in a year, these may just be showing up as I shed belly fat. She also said that they could be hurting because either #1) they are pressing on nerves or #2) i keep poking at them.

Anyway, she told me that if I wanted peace of mind, she would order a CatScan to check me out. She said that she would be very surprised if I did have one and the results were abnormal. Of course, I need something more than a verbal.."You're fine.", so I said that I'd like to do that. Then I started thinking that maybe I should have blood work done first and if it came back normal, I probably wouldn't be AS worried and maybe not need the scan to feel better.

So I told Jules to head home because he's squeamish about needles and blood. My mom stayed with me and the nurse came in to try and get blood from my left arm. No luck..the veins were too deep. I hadn't eaten anything all day or had anything to drink..not even a sip of water. I guess if you aren't hydrated, your veins don't come to the surface or something.

Well, they take me to the lab and have some other nurses look at my right arm. Doesn't look good, but she's gonna try anyway. Thing is..I am super sensitive to the sight of blood and needles aren't my best friends either. That, on top of no food since 11pm last night and no water, was a bad thing.

I started to get dizzy..I felt the blood leave my face..I asked my mom for something to drink..and before I knew it, I blacked out. I have no idea how long I was out or what was happening, but I woke up to 3 nurses screaming.."SHE'S SEIZING!". My mama was wiping my face with a wet rag and the nurses were holding me. My doctor was in front of me with a cup of tea and from what they say..my lips were grey and my face was white..and I was shaking all over.

I have NEVER had a seizure, but they said I was seizing. They kept saying.."You can't come in for blood work when you haven't eaten since the night before and it's 6PM the next day." IDK if my blood sugar was low or it was just a combination of nerves, no food, squeamish..whatever, but it was scary. I almost gave mama a heart attack.

Needless to say, they weren't able to get any blood from me and I don't plan on going back for a little while. I will go for my pap/physical sometime soon and have them do blood work then. Of course, I'm gonna be terrified and probably eat 15 candy bars and a gallon of gatorade beforehand.

*sigh* I am SHOT out..just a ball of RAWR! My head hurts..and I am just beat. I bet you've never heard such a crazy mess. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers..I needed them and will continue to need them until my mind is at peace about all this. It's just so hard for me to be like WOOHOOO just on someone's word ya know?

Sincerely...A Frazzled Bean

My siggy needs a re-vamp!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:40 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Awww Bean. That's scary about the seizing. I am not a needles fan myself. I'm glad your doctor thinks that it's nothing serious, but yes, I would be getting a CAT scan too. I'll still be thinking about you!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Awww Manda-What a day!
I will continue to pray for you and hope that tomorrow is better!
HUGS girl!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Manda, I'm so sorry, what an awful day!!!! ((hugs))
Old 04-28-2008, 10:43 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

oh lovie yes.. eat and drink!! I'm so sorry that happened. Are they sure it was a real seizure? Or where you just so weak and s hakey (ok I have no idea.. lol I'm trying a lame attempt at reassuring you you're ok here). I hear you on the blood work in general.. I have really annoying rolly veins, and I swear it is a nightmare getting blood from me. When I was in the hospital w/ ce I had blood drawn every 6 hours for like 4 days *horrid*... Hang in there darling, I am SURE that everything will be OK, and if you want to take my non dr self here as you're lil voice saying "You're OK nothing wrong, nothing to worry about" then I'm here
Old 04-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How scary Manda, I can't imagine what you went through and what was going through your head. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully they find out that nothing is wrong and you don't have to do the scan.

Fan of ALL SSD Designers
Proud to create for:

Old 04-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to jene

awwww honey I am so sorry. I work in the Emergency Room and we get people come in a lot from seizures because of low blood sugar so it was more then likely caused from you not eating in that long time frame. So heres to you eating and normal blood sugar levels and a peace of mind. I hope all goes well!!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow--what an experience! I've fainted with needles before, and I used to start throwing up at the thought of needles, but I've gotten better since I've had babies. What a terrible experience! Glad to hear that she doesn't think it's anything terrible. Hope you feel better!

Old 04-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren grier View Post
Are they sure it was a real seizure?
I don't know. I've never even remotely had a seizure, so I wouldn't even begin to know. Mama said my shoulders and my head were shaking..nothing about rolling of eyes or tongue going back in my throat. I honestly don't know..I scared those lab girls to death. All I heard when I woke up was.."SHE'S SEIZING!". It would be hard to know if it was a "real" one or not you know? I sure hope not..

Old 04-28-2008, 10:48 PM
Sweet Shoppe Founder

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jene View Post
awwww honey I am so sorry. I work in the Emergency Room and we get people come in a lot from seizures because of low blood sugar so it was more then likely caused from you not eating in that long time frame. So heres to you eating and normal blood sugar levels and a peace of mind. I hope all goes well!!
Yeah..I'm pretty sure my blood sugar was really low.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ah Manda what a horrible day...I am so sorry all this has happened. I will continue to pray for you, Hugs Shannon

Proud to be creating for:

Old 04-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

aww ((bean)) take care of yourself....I'm sure you were freaked out when youc ame to

Saying some more prayers that all is ok

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 04-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh manda, I'm so sorry!!! What an awful ordeal! I feel for you. I will keep praying for you!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aw, Manda. I'm so sorry you had such a horrendous day! Low blood sugar and STRESS will do absolutely terrible things to you....I'm sure that's all it was. Needles and blood can make a gal faint even with a full stomach, I can't imagine how awful you must have felt by the end of that visit! Hope you can get some definite answers soon and ease your mind....thinking of you as always!! {{BIG HUGS}}
Old 04-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry you had such a horrible day! In your shoes, I'd take the CT scan as well. Peace of mind is a very powerful thing. Sending lots of PTs your way!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh how scary! Sorry you had a rotten day! I def agree to do the CT just for a confirmation! Make sure you get plenty of food, fluids, and rest! Take care of yourself honey! I will keep you in my thoughts!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ah man Manda!!! I sure hope that you get a good night's sleep and get some food in you!!!

Keeping you in my thoughts.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, that's so scary! ((((hugs)))
Old 04-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow Manda you poor thing!! Hugs!! I am sorry that you didnt get any reassurance today and then had to deal with that on top of it all! Your a strong girl! I will continue to pray and you keep us updated!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh I'm so sorry Manda, how scary! Definitely get some rest and go back when you are feeling a bit better and have some strength and energy. HUGS!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to iJenny

Awww Bean! I'm so sorry!! I passed out once when I had my blood drawn. Its such a weird sensation waking up someplace different than where you remember. But the nurses were right... no food/drink/sleep can really screw a body up. Especially when under stress like you obviously were. Just take it easy. And for the love of god eat a taco!! And drink lots o' water too. Thanks for updating us! I was thinking about you today.
________
Head shop

Last edited by iJenny; 09-08-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Manda, I'm so sorry this happened. It must have been agonizing for you and your mother. I'll keep you in my thoughts! Hugs!

Penny
Old 04-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I hope you get feeling better. drink some water!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, what a bad day! Hope you'll feel better soon!!

Signature created using "To The Moon And Back" by Amanda Yi & Meghan Mullens
Old 04-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry you went through all of that! WOW! Try not to worry, as hard as it is to do! I was in the same boat at one point! In your other post I mentioned that it sounded like lipomas - I have them too.

I had a hard time believing the doctors when they told me me that's what I had (but I'm a major worry wart all of the time). Unfortunately, the one under my breast was bothering me so badly that I had to have it removed and sure enough they were exactly what the doctors said they were.

Hang in ther Manda and rest up dear!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

You poor thing! I hope you next visit goes better!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:45 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

*hugs* My husband has those too, very weird things! LOL also my husband works himself up to the point of having a seizure he did it once at the dentist office and once when he had to go to the hospital because he was throwing up blood so maybe you are like him in that way. He freaks himself out thinking about needles and the such. I am sure you will find out the lumps are those fat balls or whatever they call them LOL I had never heard of them before dh had them and of course i was thinking he was going to die of cancer or something equally terrible before we found out what they were.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:13 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

What a day, Manda! I am glad you found out what it was but I do hope you are able to some more tests done to confirm this for you and put it all behind you!!
Old 04-29-2008, 02:15 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

awww that sounds like a bit of an ordeal!!!! (hugs) Glad you're ok!!

Also creating layouts for Pickleberry Pop
Old 04-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

oh gee! not the most positive of experiences there - there's a lesson there for us all to eat, drink and be merry- i really hope that it goes better for you next visit!

CT for Britt-ish Designs & Amy Jaz Designs
Fan of SSD
Old 04-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aww beaner, what a day you had! *hugs* Fell better soon chika....
Old 04-29-2008, 06:22 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via AIM to Susan Toon Send a message via MSN to Susan Toon Send a message via Yahoo to Susan Toon

Oh girl I had no idea anything was going on. I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I'm like you. A verbal doesn't do it for me. I want proof. THEN I can relax. I hope you get that proof so you can be worry free of this.

Creating For: Melissa Bennett, Paislee Press, TaylorMade Designs, Cori Gammon, Kelley Mickus, Cinzia Loosemore and Julia Makotinsky
Old 04-29-2008, 06:52 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Awww you poor thing What a crazy day for you. I'm glad that you had some good news from your Dr though. I'm sure your mama was pretty scared but glad that your ok. I hope you are feeling better soon hun.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I 'm so sorry Manda! What a tough and scary day for you! I hope all the tests come back come back clean and you can get the results as soon as possible so you can relax. Health scares are the worst. Hugs to you!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh my GOSH what a day! Try not to stress (yeah, I know), and hopefully you'll have some answers soon!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:31 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh Manda!! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Big hugs, sweets.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Damn Bean! That's a hell of a day!

Get some rest, eat some tacos, drink some margaritas, and try to relax. Keep telling yourself it's nothing, instead of telling yourself it's the worst, and it'll help I promise!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post

Get some rest, eat some tacos, drink some margaritas, and try to relax. Keep telling yourself it's nothing, instead of telling yourself it's the worst, and it'll help I promise!
What she said! ^^^

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience Manda.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh my. what a scary, crazy ordeal.

that's good that the doc said the lumps aren't anything serious, but I'd probably go for more extensive testing too just to really put the mind at ease.

Hope you are doing better today.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh, Manda! How awful for you!! *hugs*
Old 04-29-2008, 09:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have low blood sugar and that has happened to more times than I care to remember, it was not a seizure though, just a really "MAJOR" black-out, I would shake a bit and go a little wonky too!!!! Anyway, I hope things get better for you and you are in my thoughts and prayers Manda.

Proudly creating for:
LCC by Amy Stoffel, Cori Gammon, DIGI SCRAP ADDICTS Site CT,
Faith True, Geek Chic Scraps, Jac Bernardo, Laura Banasiak, Litabells Designs, Kelley Mickus, Micheline Martin Designs, Nikki Epperson,
Penny Springmann, SCRAP ORCHARD Site CT, THE DAILY SCRAPPER Site CT
Old 04-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Susan Bartolini

Aw Manda, I am so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you are feeling better and you have some solid answers soon.

Just as an FYI - I actually had a CT scan last weekend because I was having some neurological issues (which turned out to be nothing). The scan is fast, painless and not scary at all. I would say go for it if it will give you peace of mind.

Susan
Old 04-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Kat Stokes Send a message via Yahoo to Kat Stokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodoNY0123 View Post

I'm with Col. You definitely need some tacos and margaritas!!! It really does sound as if it is nothing but it's better to be safe than sorry! Praying for positive test results whenever you decide to go back and have them done!!! {HUGS}

Proudly creating for:
Libby Pritchett

Old 04-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

AWw, Manda, I'm sorry. (((hugs))). I hope you get some reassurance soon if not from the blood work from a CT scan. Keep us posted.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to AmyM

Good grief Manda you have been having a tough time girl. I'm sorry all this mess is plaguing you right now. I hope you'll feel better soon.

facebook
Old 04-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to uptowngirl Send a message via Yahoo to uptowngirl

Oh dear that is scary!! Have positive thoughts though... it is hard but sometmies the BEST medicine.

i create for
Old 04-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

{{{HUGS}}} Manda! And yes, tacos needed.

I passed out once while I was in a doctor's office, pre-surgery for the day when he was marking me up, and I've never passed out before and never since then. Weird things happen in dr.'s offices!

Maybe next time, if needles freak you out and you hate getting blood taken (I do) tell them to use a butterfly needle. It's the tiny ones they use on children. I have small veins so I always tell them to use those because I've had doctors/nurses attempt the larger ones and poke and prick me and they don't work. So now I always request, from the start, that they use the butterfly needles.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aww bless your heart! I can imagine how scary that was! There's not much I can say that hasn't already said but if I were you I would relax and trust the doc knows he's talking about JUST until you can get that CT done, lol. Try not to worry yourself too much and drink lots of fluids and I am sure it will all work out okay. It really does sound like lipomas, but I'm with you, any lumps or bumps of ANY kind WILL be checked out. It's always better to err on the side of caution and it gives you peace of mind. Did he schedule the scan for you?

kit used for siggie "Kona Coast" by Julie Billingsley
Old 04-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You must be a tough little cookie Manda, to have lasted as long as you did with so little food and water on top of such large servings of stress and trauma!
What a scary time for you and your family to go through! I hope all goes well with the cat scan. Im sure you'll be loading yourself up with plenty of food and water before any new tests.
Glad your back on your feet and it sounds like you're heading towards a clean bill of health - there's nothing wrong with wanting to be sure of a good thing so hook yourself up for that scan and look after you K!

My Gallery
Old 04-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

{{{hugs}}}

seizures are no fun. but i'm glad the blobs are nothing serious. {{hugs}}