Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2015, 10:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Will someone please explain...

how we can possibly be 3 weeks away from the end of the year? Where in the world did this year go? Wasn't it just summer last week? My Project Life album agrees with me, since it's currently stalled around Week 30!

In 2 weeks the kids and I will be off school and work for a 2-week Winter Break. Right now I'm telling myself that I'm going to get so much done over that time--scrapbook pages, projects and cleaning that need to get done around the house, work that I can't seem to get ahead on. But I know what's really going to happen. Between the kids, the visitors we have coming, and the everyday chores and errands, all of that beautiful "unplanned" time will be eaten up. It won't be wasted, but I'll be lucky if I get one thing crossed off my list of big projects. I'd probably get more done if DH was around, too, but he's only taking off a couple of extra days during Winter Break.

How about you? Are you ready for the year to end? Did it go quickly or slowly for you? Any big holiday or winter break plans?
Old 12-06-2015, 11:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My baby will be here next month! I cannot believe it!

This year has both flown and dragged by depending on the day... lol.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's flown!! I think every year I get older, it goes by faster. I'm not a procrastinator, so I've got a good handle on things but we're leaving for a trip on the 17th... Which is like next week! We're surprising the kids which will be fun, I just can't believe how fast it's come up.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:15 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This was a super weird year for us that I am still not quite recovered from yet.

Our big 'plan' for the next couple of weeks is to get moved into our own place so we can be settled in before Christmas. We are also waiting to hear whether DH's job assignment is going to be extended/for how long or whether he'll be offered a FT position with the company where he is now. I have given up hope on getting any more interviews or further along in the process for the couple of jobs I have ongoing until after the new year so I am focusing my energy on finding a place for us & getting ready for Christmas.

I am definitely ready for 2016 to be a 'boring' calm non-moving year for us!
Old 12-07-2015, 12:29 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

It's been a flash-year for me! I feel surreal... there were so much going on; moving, my brother's wedding, cancelled summer trip, looking for kindergartens... and yet, I feel so unaccomplished :'(
I keep thinking about a goal for 2016, but I can't think of any...
Old 12-07-2015, 12:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Tell me about it! From the 17th my boys and I are on our six week summer holidays and I have NOTHING planned, nor for Christmas.

Work has been busy the past few months and I have to go away again this Wed/Thurs (my fourth work trip in just over a month), so when that's out of the way I'm hoping to have some head space to think about the holidays.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:05 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The period from August through now has flown by - the rest of the year (especially January through June seemed to drag by for me this year, not sure why. It was a normal year for us - not too hectic and pretty peaceful.

No special plans during the holidays. We have family Christmas with my parents, sisters, and their families on the 20th. We'll have Christmas with my son and his family on the 26th. Cheyanne doesn't break from school until December 23rd (she actually has a full day that day) and goes back on January 4th. I'm not taking any time off other than my normal Sunday/Monday (working Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day but from home). Cheyanne will have basketball practice all during break (except the 24th and 25th and Sundays) and a couple games during break.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ugh! I was asking the same thing. Time fly so fast! I know I just sent my daughter to kinder yesterday and now, new year is coming, I'm gonna get a year younger lol! and we'll be waiting for the next Christmas.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:09 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad it isn't just me. I swear this year has been on fast forward since it started!! Hopefully 2016 will be a slower and more calm and relaxed year!!
Old 12-07-2015, 08:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

At first I was going to say that this year has actually gone by really slow for me, but now that I think about it seems like I was JUST doing all this Christmas stuff.

I know 2016 is going to be bizzare so I'm kinda dreading it. My boys will be graduating and starting college, my dd will be entering a college/high school program in the fall. Depending on my financial goals I may be going back to school, possibly entering a social work program.

I feels like everything is about to change! :'(
Old 12-07-2015, 08:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
It's been a flash-year for me! I feel surreal... there were so much going on; moving, my brother's wedding, cancelled summer trip, looking for kindergartens... and yet, I feel so unaccomplished :'(
All your IG posts blow me away. My life looks quite boring compared to all the places you visit, lol!
Old 12-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
All your IG posts blow me away. My life looks quite boring compared to all the places you visit, lol!
It's just been so tiring though, physically and emotionally... That's why when I thought about it, I feel like I accomplished nothing... Well, after what you said, I realise I should be more grateful with what has happened this year... Thanks, Val!

2016, I am dreading it! My son is going to school on 15th of February! *gasp!*
Old 12-07-2015, 11:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This year has flown by and was filled with lots of huge ups (the birth of a new grandbaby in June) and downs. The downs definitely have made me realize how blessed I am in every aspect of my life. A 2016 goal I have is to start a digital prayer journal ...
Old 12-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
I was thinking the same thing! Sherly's posts look full of fun and excitement!

*I get it though Sherly. It can feel like nothing was accomplished when you can't physically see it. And, ahhh!!! February 15th? I swear he was just born.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This year has honestly FLOWN BY! Does it go faster as your kids get older? That's what it seems like to me. Goodness!

This year has been more trying than I ever thought possible. We had a few close deaths that were unexpected. I was released from a semi-time consuming church calling and then called to an even more time consuming calling over all of the children 18 mos-12 yrs. 2 weeks after that we found out that I was pregnant after a long time of trying. 1 girl started 1st grade while the other went to 4 yr old preschool. I've been able to get so much accomplished, yet not. Does that make sense?

It's been a challenging, personal year for me and I'm hoping that 2016 is a lot slower. The baby boy comes in March so I'm hoping I can take some good breaks and just enjoy. I'd love to sit on my couch and not think of everything that needs to be done. Just enjoy the moment.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:10 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Kindergarten already?! :sigh:

Old 12-07-2015, 11:36 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
I was thinking the same thing! Sherly's posts look full of fun and excitement!

*I get it though Sherly. It can feel like nothing was accomplished when you can't physically see it. And, ahhh!!! February 15th? I swear he was just born.
YES!!! That's what I thought! I am excited for him, but I am freaking inside... how could it be that time already?!