Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2023, 12:32 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default What do you really love?

So my reply to KCB's DSD game got me thinking...

Besides Digital Scrapbooking... what else do you really love doing? Where do you spend your time outside of being a mom / wife / digital scrapper? What do you do just for you?

I have a few outside interests that I think are super fun and bring me a lot of joy...

I'm a gamer - cozy games especially. Animal Crossing / Stardew Valley / Ooblets have my heart. Like KCB said "cottage core" is just the cutest thing ever!

I'm a diamond painter - though this one is time consuming and I run hot and cold on it, I still think its a really fun and relaxing thing to do from time to time.

I'm a Swiftie - no really. I'm in my Taytay era. It's been super fun to connect with my girls over the Eras tour and I can't wait to go see the movie next Friday night with Em.

I'm a gardener - But only in my little front garden bed. I get really jealous when I see Ally's pages because it looks like she lives in a garden / farming paradise. It's like cozy gaming, but real

I'm a Formula 1 fan - Not something I ever thought I'd be into, but Adriaan has gotten me hooked and now I really really look forward to race week. Go Max!

So what about you? What do you really really love. I'd love to get to know you better!

R
Old 10-07-2023, 12:41 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love being outside in the sunshine... hanging out in the yard or visiting with friends at our local winery down the road.

Socializing with my circle, who are more family than friends at this point. (We're all "aunties" and "uncles" to each others kids.)

I love to crochet, but only in the winter months when I'm curled up on the couch watching a show.

I love reading, but it seems these days I can't last more than five minutes without falling asleep. Thank goodness for audiobooks!

I'm also in awe/jealous of Ally's garden! I love to garden and used to do it a lot, but just don't seem to have the time or energy any more. I figure I'll get back into that as life eases up a bit.
Old 10-07-2023, 12:43 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love getting to know people because I'm really quite nosy LOL! Lol robin your post about allys garden had me laugh out loud for real hahahaha hahahaha

I'm an avid audiobook listener and it's 100% changed my life - I can't find the time to sit and read and do all the things I need to do so this has allowed me to finally be able to "read" books again while doing stuff. I try to mostly listen when I go out walking but I will sometimes listen when I work as long as it's a book that I don't really need to pay attention to. I use samsung health with my walks and I have to get my little sticker each and ever month - it's kind of like gaming because you have to fill out a map and the stickers are so cute LOL

My walks have been a little sparse as of late though as it's bear season and there are SO many bears in town right now. We actually had a grizzly at our house last night trying to get into our garbage. Lucas looked out the window and the bear looked at him.. so needless to say i'm not sure if I want to go out today even though typically they're mostly out later at night. I think because of all the forest fires we've had up here the bears have been going into towns a lot more than usual. We usually have bears but this year it just seems like a lot more. I'll be happy when the bears go to sleep because walking improves my mindset 100% I can tell i'm a bit on edge/antsy because I haven't gone out for a walk since last weekend and I try to go every day.

I'm a fake swiftie I think?! I don't know if I can call myself a swiftie yet but I am totally loving this whole concert thing and I've watched some of the livestreams of the concerts. I love folklore and evermore

In the last couple years Darcy and I have started watching TV together again and that has been so nice!! We've watched soooo many shows from the last 20 years and it's been nice to be able to watch without having to wait for a new episode. I think my favourite of all the ones we've watched is "six feet under" I was actually depressed for about a month after watching that one because I couldn't find another show I liked and the finale of that one I don't think will ever be beat.

I WANT to be a better drawer! I have an ipad and use procreate/adobe apps but i'm making it a goal to really learn the ins and outs and learn skills
Old 10-07-2023, 12:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love being outside working in my garden. I love taking pictures. I was gifted an older used Canon DSLR and my 16-year-old son who took one photography class in school and just gets it all so much better than me, is slowly teaching me how to use it. I love the beach and getting lost in a really good book. I love decorating the house for the holidays. I also love watching Pittsburgh Penguins hockey.
Old 10-07-2023, 12:48 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
There are SO many bears in town right now.
Hahahahahaha OMG! I am dying. Do you ever read something someone says and have this epiphany that's like you're living on a different planet. I've only ever seen bears in a zoo. I can't imagine just casually saying "there are so many bears in town right now".

Also, your posts are making me realize more things I love because I love to crochet too! And I love True Crime podcasts too! Which is like audiobooks, but not lol
Old 10-07-2023, 12:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I can't stand Taylor Swift.... there, I said it! *ducks and runs for cover*

Truthfully, I don't mind her pop stuff, but I really only listen to country music and her country music was like listening to nails on a chalkboard for me.
Old 10-07-2023, 12:53 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Banished Nat! No... in all seriousness... I don't really love early country Taylor stuff either (though some of it is nostalgic in a weird way), but her Taylor's Version re-releases are more grown up and I adore Folklore / Evermore.
Old 10-07-2023, 12:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3BluEyedBabi View Post
I love the beach
Oh yes, the beach! That's my happy place. Thankfully we're only about a ten minute drive from a beautiful beach (White Rock for the BC gals) and I can get my fix regularly. It's not Maui, but it'll do!
Old 10-07-2023, 12:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Carlton View Post
Hahahahahaha OMG! I am dying. Do you ever read something someone says and have this epiphany that's like you're living on a different planet. I've only ever seen bears in a zoo. I can't imagine just casually saying "there are so many bears in town right now".
hahahaha yea LOL! TBF if someone posted about scary insects or alligators or snakes I'd feel like i was on a different planet from them as well LOL!

Taylor swift's voice has improved SOOOOOO much compared to her earlier stuff! I actually am so impressed by her vocals at her concerts.
Old 10-07-2023, 12:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytails View Post
Oh yes, the beach! That's my happy place. Thankfully we're only about a ten minute drive from a beautiful beach (White Rock for the BC gals) and I can get my fix regularly. It's not Maui, but it'll do!
White rock is my favourite! I had a great aunt and uncle that lived there and it was my first experience ever being at the ocean when I was a kid. It was seriously magail for me seeing how far the tide went out. The last time I was at the beach was 6 years ago when we went to victoria/tofino and I really miss it
Old 10-07-2023, 12:57 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
hahahaha yea LOL! TBF if someone posted about scary insects or alligators or snakes I'd feel like i was on a different planet from them as well LOL!
Totally! I can handle bears/cougars/coyotes... that's normal stuff. I can't imagine dealing with alligators and giant spiders. Nope!
Old 10-07-2023, 01:02 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

That all sounds soo fun!

I'm a gardener too love to grow plant and spent time in my tiny garden.

I also love cooking and baking, and it is fun to see that my son is sharing the same love and maybe wants to become a real chef

I love my cricut and use it mostly now for making gifts or make original clothing for the kids or other fun stuff.

And I'm a formula 1 fan too! Next year hubby and I want to go to Zandvoort to see at least some trainings and taste the atmosphere. Zandvoort is our favorite beach place anyway here for years already even before F1 came back there again.

Last edited by wendyp; 10-07-2023 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-07-2023, 01:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ummm, yes... I so admire Ally's gardening skills. Does she know just how big her fan club is?

Hmmm. I love to read. It comes in waves, though. I usually read light, easy stuff. And it's usually Christian fiction. I like things set in earlier times. 1800's. Early 1900's.

I love going on walks/hikes (easy hiking) in the woods. I used to go with just Nathan and I more often to not-so-far places. I don't know if it's because we have less time the older he has become (more intense homeschooling and sports) or because I'm older or what, but we don't head out to the farther places as often as we used to.

I (usually) love cooking but the planning and shopping aspect is getting less than appealing.

I love being in our sunroom. It's where I spend the most time in our house. You'd find our "family computer" there, my laptop, the electronic piano, the everyday/casual dining table, homeshool shelves, three recliners and the only rug in the house. There's no carpet in the house so it's nice to have that one large, fuzzy spot. It also has huge windows on 3 sides, is raised off the ground about 5 feet so when you look out at the woods behind the house, you feel like you're up in the trees.
Old 10-07-2023, 01:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love learning more about everyone. As for me...

I retired from portrait/wedding photography so I would have more time to focus on taking my own photos. I am an avid wildlife photographer now but since we are starting to travel more, I have also become interested in landscape and architectural photography.

I get outside every day with the dogs, walking, hiking or going to the dog park. They keep me active, no chance I can become lazy with them around.

I don't watch tv much during the day but after dinner I like to lay on the floor with the dogs, with pillows and blankets, binging shows or movies for 2-3 hours with my hubs. I've gotten back into reading lately too, psychological thrillers and mysteries are my fave.

I mostly follow a low carb lifestyle but still indulge occasionally in off-plan foods. This is what works best for me and I feel healthy. I do drink a lot of coffee but in the evening like green tea. I have some kind of chocolate every day. Now and again I will indulge with cheezies, popcorn or flavored chips (cheddar and sour cream or BBQ).

I have a dressing room. I love clothes and shoes (mostly runners and boots). Not many dressy clothes, most are very casual, lots of jeans and joggers, tees, sweaters, hoodies, sweatshirts, etc. I've got a lot of jackets/coats and am crazy about shackets.

I love autumn, the start of sweater weather. I'm not a hot weather girl, I like the cooler temps. I've got quite a few blanket shawls that I love to snuggle up with.

Every night at dinner, hubs and I do the daily wordle, new york times wordle and cannuckle puzzle. They say you should eat slowly and not rush your meal, this is the perfect distraction to achieve that.
Old 10-07-2023, 01:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Lol, my garden fan club. Oh if you only knew! I feel like I've been gardening forever, and I'm still such a noob every year. What worked one year is a total bust the next, and vice versa. Thankfully, stuff seems to grow on its own--I plant it and it usually comes right up, like magic. I have been way off my garden game over the past six weeks though--I'm tired and haven't been sleeping and HOT FLASHES ARE RUINING MY LIFE. So I'm more than ready for a nice winter break and cold weather and a fresh start next spring.

KCB, LOL the bears! I am terrified at the thought of bears roaming at will. We don't really have any wildlife here that can kill a person, so I don't know how I would handle the possibility of a grizzly bear meeting me on my walk! You are brave, my friend!

I like to garden, go walking on trails and in the woods. I like to read and cook and watch British mystery series and move my furniture and plan curriculum and travel and hang with my friends and try new things and take photos and make things and snuggle my cat and hang with my chickens. I like too many things, and it gets overwhelming when I think about it. Mostly, I like sleeping, and I'm not very good at it lately. I spend most of my time these days searching the internet for menopause symptom relief and trying different supplements that cost a million dollars and don't really work and don't even promise to work for a least 2 months. Thankfully, our weather just shifted to a colder pattern yesterday, and that brings some relief. This aging gracefully crap is kicking my booty.

Haha, I just read over this snarky post and I'm tempted to delete, but I won't. Send help, quick. Or maybe just some gluten-free cupcakes. Thanks.

Old 10-07-2023, 01:28 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Your life sounds dreamy Rae!

It's so funny... the other night the "kids" (18 & 20) kept us up until like 3am doing wordles and I swear Andy is some sort of wordle genius or something. We kept teasing him asking if this is what he spends all his time up in his room doing. He has some weird knowledge of 5 letter words that was astonishing to us lol
Old 10-07-2023, 01:32 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyanne View Post
Haha, I just read over this snarky post and I'm tempted to delete, but I won't. Send help, quick. Or maybe just some gluten-free cupcakes. Thanks.
So glad you didn't delete. I think a lot of us can relate and humor about it all is helpful

You totally have a fan club!
Old 10-07-2023, 01:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love cookie decorating. I love watching videos on it more because it's not as much work, and I can't eat all the creations.
I've been into walking/hiking around different parks the past few years. I can thank Covid for that hobby.
And, building Legos along with my daughter. We bought shelving in the basement to display some of them.
Old 10-07-2023, 01:38 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Lynn, I'd looove to see any of your cookies if you have photos and I almost said I loove Lego in my post! Care to share the projects you and your daughter have made? In line with my gardening love, we've collected most of the Lego Botanical sets over the past year or so. I think they're so beautiful!
Old 10-07-2023, 01:42 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
So glad you didn't delete. I think a lot of us can relate and humor about it all is helpful

You totally have a fan club!
Man, can I ever relate! #allthesymptoms
Old 10-07-2023, 01:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Man, can I ever relate! #allthesymptoms
I need all the tips. I carry fans around with me all the time, both powered and pretty paper ones that fold up. And also, I am the queen of cardigans, because I need to whip them off and on all day long.

Old 10-07-2023, 01:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Robin, we've done some Lego botanicals. I kinda want the insect ones because I think they would go perfectly. I have a sitcom shelf with two Friends sets, Seinfeld, and The Office. A city shelf with buildings (and two more sets to build totally 7,000+ pieces). And a animated shelf with Scooby Doo, Flintstones, and The Simpsons house. But, here are some of the cookies:

Old 10-07-2023, 01:49 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I need all the tips. I carry fans around with me all the time, both powered and pretty paper ones that fold up. And also, I am the queen of cardigans, because I need to whip them off and on all day long.
I do the same!
Old 10-07-2023, 01:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I love board games, this is our #1 hobby these days. DH and I really love playing them. Noir collection is pretty large, I love sharing them with others, going to game stores, watching reviews, all of it.

Music, although I can’t play anything, I love the emerging Americana genre thanks in part to Yellowstone, but Tyler Childers is our favorite. Sturgill Simpson, I really don’t listen to mainstream country anymore.

Anything newer than 2000, I rarely listen to.

We love movies and Tv, but haven’t watched much lately.

Gardening, I’ve tried to keep my potted plants alive this year and I’m learning, so maybe that will become a love.
Trying new recipes as long as I don’t have to clean up, lol!

And of course decorating for Halloween and Christmas!
Old 10-07-2023, 02:00 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

These are sooo cute Lynn!

Thank you so much for sharing
Old 10-07-2023, 02:01 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Vanessa, what are your favorite board games? We have a TON too though we don't play much anymore.
Old 10-07-2023, 02:03 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm not in menopause but I think i've been dealing with perimenopause the last year and OMG if this is peri I don't even want to know what it will be like when menopause hits. This is seriously worse than puberty
Old 10-07-2023, 02:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I'm not in menopause but I think i've been dealing with perimenopause the last year and OMG if this is peri I don't even want to know what it will be like when menopause hits. This is seriously worse than puberty
IT IS. Not everyone has it this badly, so I don't want to scare or discourage anyone, but I feel a little blindsided. Like, why don't we talk about this? We need to normalize it.

Old 10-07-2023, 02:07 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Love this question!
I love so many things!

A little bit boring perhaps, but I really do love spending time with my husband and girls. We just love to play games together, all kind of games to be honest.

I also love to be creative in every kind of way. Of course I love digital scrapbooking, but I also do hybrid by times. I do diamond painting, embroidery, creative journaling and a lot more.

I'm a kid by heart so I love everything to do with Disney, because why do we have to grow up, right?

I also love to read, all kinds of books. I started a couple of months ago with english books, because they are much cheapier than Dutch books and I hope to improve my English this way.

And at last, when I have a physical bad day, I love to watch movies of bingewatch series.

So this is me in a nutshell
Old 10-07-2023, 02:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I think once menopause actually comes the symptoms stop... it's the peri that's the worst part, like puberty. (At least, I hope so!)

The hot flashes are bad enough, but the worst for me is the constant brain fog. I feel really stupid a lot of the time these days, and it's getting embarrassing!
Old 10-07-2023, 02:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default What do you really love?

Quote:
Vanessa, what are your favorite board games? We have a TON too though we don't play much anymore.

So many!

Terraforming Mars is probably our favorite.

We play Schotten Totten, and Targi probably the most.

With the kids Detective Club, Deception Murder In Hong Kong, or maybe Quacks of Quelingburg.

Here is the most recent photo of our collection.

Last edited by nesser1981; 10-07-2023 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-07-2023, 02:53 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
Robin, we've done some Lego botanicals. I kinda want the insect ones because I think they would go perfectly. I have a sitcom shelf with two Friends sets, Seinfeld, and The Office. A city shelf with buildings (and two more sets to build totally 7,000+ pieces). And a animated shelf with Scooby Doo, Flintstones, and The Simpsons house. But, here are some of the cookies:

These are SO great! I would love to explore learning this- but there's just not enough hours in the day!
Old 10-07-2023, 02:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So fun to learn more about what we all love!

I love to bake cupcakes (or anything really!) It's funny because I'm a dental hygienist by day & a cupcake baker in the evenings! lol!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas. Like a little bit obsessed. My family is beyond annoyed with me by now. 79 days folks!! The decor, the music, the snow, the sparkles, the lights, the magic, the baking... all of it!

Like Kristin- I'm an Audiobook addict. I've listened to 123 books so far this year. I love reading real books too but again- no time. I listen while doing chores, walking, scrapping, in the car... pretty much anytime I can.

I love flowers. I love growing/planting them, buying myself bouquets, taking photos of them etc etc.

I love to make paper cards- it's a great way to keep using all my OG paper scrapbooking supplies!
Old 10-07-2023, 03:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Audiobooks are amazing.. until you get a bad narrator. I currently listening to "House of Shadows" by Nicola Cornick. The story is pretty good but it has three different narrators. Two are fine, but the third is awful. She puts an emphasis at the end of every phrase and sentence, so you end up HEARING everything like THIS. And there's weird awkward PAUSES in places where there SHOULDN'T BE. It's pissing me OFF every time she starts UP AGAIN!
Old 10-07-2023, 03:28 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Audiobooks are amazing.. until you get a bad narrator. I currently listening to "House of Shadows" by Nicola Cornick. The story is pretty good but it has three different narrators. Two are fine, but the third is awful. She puts an emphasis at the end of every phrase and sentence, so you end up HEARING everything like THIS. And there's weird awkward PAUSES in places where there SHOULDN'T BE. It's pissing me OFF every time she starts UP AGAIN!
OH my gosh I had to look up if this was the same narrator that drives me crazy but.. it's not. But she is the same!! Every statement almost ends as if it were a question?? It drives me BONKERS
Old 10-07-2023, 03:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Fun fact: There is ANOTHER Allyson Voller out there who is a voiceover actor! And my dream job is audio book reader. But, how do you even get into an industry like that? Guess I'll stick to scrapping.

Old 10-07-2023, 03:31 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Fun fact: There is ANOTHER Allyson Voller out there who is a voiceover actor! And my dream job is audio book reader. But, how do you even get into an industry like that? Guess I'll stick to scrapping.
you can actually buy soundproof boxes now for home use! ( i have imagined how nice it would be to have a home office like that haa) it sounds like there are quite a lot of narrators who do the work from home - now getting into it and becoming successful.. that I don't know
Old 10-07-2023, 03:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
OMG SO true! I can't remember even what book it was or who was the narrator- but I could hear her swallowing all the time. It actually ruined the book for me..
Old 10-07-2023, 03:51 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I love audiobooks too! I rarely read, but I really enjoy listening to books.
Old 10-07-2023, 03:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Keira is trying to get me to play stardew valley her and animal crossing.

Quote:
So my reply to KCB's DSD game got me thinking...

Besides Digital Scrapbooking... what else do you really love doing? Where do you spend your time outside of being a mom / wife / digital scrapper? What do you do just for you?

I have a few outside interests that I think are super fun and bring me a lot of joy...

I'm a gamer - cozy games especially. Animal Crossing / Stardew Valley / Ooblets have my heart. Like KCB said "cottage core" is just the cutest thing ever!

I'm a diamond painter - though this one is time consuming and I run hot and cold on it, I still think its a really fun and relaxing thing to do from time to time.

I'm a Swiftie - no really. I'm in my Taytay era. It's been super fun to connect with my girls over the Eras tour and I can't wait to go see the movie next Friday night with Em.

I'm a gardener - But only in my little front garden bed. I get really jealous when I see Ally's pages because it looks like she lives in a garden / farming paradise. It's like cozy gaming, but real

I'm a Formula 1 fan - Not something I ever thought I'd be into, but Adriaan has gotten me hooked and now I really really look forward to race week. Go Max!

So what about you? What do you really really love. I'd love to get to know you better!

R
Old 10-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

KCB, I do in fact have gators, venomous snakes, AND bears lmao. Central Florida just wont stop building. They have actually proposed sanctioned hunting because they are all over.... but where are the poor things supposed to go. Its sad.

Since I was here last year Ive had a grandson, so I am completely obsessed with my grand baby lately!

I still crochet and have been doing cross stitch Christmas presents this year. Crafting anything really since I do not work outside the home, keeps me busy.

I am a big reader as well, but I read on my Kindle at night before bed. For me its a good way to wind down.

I also love plants. Like...maybe too much haha. Mine are all indoor or outdoor houseplants, though. I tried actual gardening in GA when we lived there but I kinda sucked at it lol
Old 10-07-2023, 04:27 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyiadeskins View Post
I also love plants. Like...maybe too much haha. Mine are all indoor or outdoor houseplants, though. I tried actual gardening in GA when we lived there but I kinda sucked at it lol
This is so interesting to me... our garden / plants outside do sooo much better than our house plants. I feel like everything in a pot inside dies lol
Old 10-07-2023, 07:08 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I am a graduate student. I am working on a master's in history education to use when I retire from the military in a few years.

I am a reader and a volunteer with a philanthropic heart. So, I combined all that and am the president of the non-profit that supports our local library, and I am the one who runs the fundraisers.

I am a hiker. I love to go into state and national parks and explore with my family.

I am a 90 Day Fiance junkie. I watch all of the versions and love it.

Last edited by lovely1m; 10-07-2023 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-07-2023, 08:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesser1981 View Post

Here is the most recent photo of our collection.

This is so impressive!!!
Old 10-07-2023, 08:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
This is so impressive!!!
It's really like falling down a rabbit hole! LOL! Thankfully our purchasing has slowed down significantly. I've always loved board games, but once I discovered www.boardgamegeek.com back in February 2021, I feel like it's been all consuming. LOL!

That website has pretty much every game ever made, I can spend hours just looking a different games and researching.

Last edited by nesser1981; 10-07-2023 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2023, 08:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

This post is making feel so boring, haha - I?m so bad at gardening? I kill fake plants! Haha? either I am scrapbooking or I?m researching/planning homeschooling stuff. In two years when Jake goes to com going to be uber bored! Haha - think of all scrapbooking I?ll get done!

I?ve been perimenopause for 15yrs? fantastic? just be done with it. I?m on hormone treatments for it? bleh.
Old 10-07-2023, 09:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It's interesting getting to know you all better. Add me to the list of people who would be completely freaked out by bears, alligators, snakes, or any of the other wildlife some of you have! Once in a long while we have bears, but it's the kind of thing that makes it into The Washington Post if one wanders into the area every 4 or 5 years, not something we actively worry about!

I'm an audiobook person. I listen while I cook, do housework, drive by myself, scrapbook, etc. I was a lifelong reader who couldn't find time for reading after having kids. Now I've been completely spoiled by multitasking with an audiobook, so I don't think I could go back to regular reading even if I had time!

I love to crochet. I do a combination of clothes and small things like amigurumi. I just started a Snoopy amigurumi that my 14 year old requested.

I sew from time to time, but I do it more to have the finished products than because I love the actual sewing. I mostly sew bags, everything from small zip pouches to purses.
Old 10-07-2023, 10:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I also love to crochet, but only when the mood hits me, I guess I love the finish project, but I also have pretty bad carpel tunnel, so I don't do it as much as I'd like, I just can't.

I also love Disney, I’d say more researching and visiting the parks these days than the movies.

But I’ll say I love researching and sharing what I’ve learned with people in general. Like I love to share about the games we enjoy or places we’ve visited.

When we went to Yellowstone in 2020, I wrote up a big long detailed thing of what we did because someone was thinking of going.

I did something similar after Disney and with other trips. I could absolutely see being a travel agent in another life.

Last edited by nesser1981; 10-07-2023 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-07-2023, 10:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What a fun thread and fun to learn more about my fellow scrappers!

I love riding my e-bike. We have a nice trail close to our home that we use. I love that it's so peaceful and serene on the trail.

I really like to make handmade cards, but that runs hot and cold for me. I also like to create stuff with my Cricut, but again, hot and cold.

I am a total true crime junkie. I stream true crime, I read true crime and listen to true crime podcasts.

I love to take photos, and usually have my DSLR with me when I'm out and about.

I am a huge organizer and love to rearrange and organize closets, drawers, our pantry, etc.

Last edited by JillW; 10-08-2023 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-07-2023, 10:31 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I feel I am boring after reading about you all! Hmmm...

I love getting massages. I am trying to aim for a monthly me-time by going to a massage and mani/pedicure. It helps so much to unwind the fatigue and emotions that I have to go through daily.

I love listening to k-pop and watching k-drama, but lately, I don't watch as much as I want to.

I love sleeping, though I haven't been sleeping much due to a certain toddler that is co-sleeping with me.

I love traveling to new places and would love to do it often if money and time allow...

I love orchids and would love to have one grow healthily in our home, but, alas, I successfully killed every single plant that I bought.