Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2015, 11:14 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Fun Weekend Plans?

Anything going on this weekend for you?

We are supposed to get a few inches of snow so we'll see how that plays out for what we do this weekend. Ellie is super psyched as she loves snow and is dying to go sledding.

As long as it's just an inch or two, we'll do our usual pizza & a Redbox movie tonight, some errands on Saturday & go to church Sunday.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:18 AM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

We have nothing on the calendar, which is just the way I like it. We'll stay home, watch some college football, and get better from this lame cold that's been hanging around for 2-3 weeks.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nothing major here either, just 5 job applications to do plus finish my cv for postgrad study-still keeping my options open

Sent from my SM-G318H using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 11-20-2015, 12:12 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We are going to go see the newest Hunger Games here soon. Tonight we are going to hang out with our neighbors. This weekend we have no real plans, but I want to sort through toys in the basement. Got one room done yesterday.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Oh Mockingjay Part 2 is out this weekend? We may have to wait. My daughter is having friends over Saturday evening for their movie club and Sunday we're going to see a performance of Mary Poppins put on by a local youth theater group. It's also my birthday.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Advance happy birthday!

Well, I love me some sleep, DD had just had her 3rd quarter long exam this week and we're getting ready for her first ever school field trip. She's just so excited she's counting the days
Old 11-20-2015, 03:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

On Sunday we will have an early Thanksgiving dinner with my family since my parents always go out of town on Thanksgiving day. Other than that, we're completely free all weekend! It's a great feeling.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 11-20-2015, 04:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a church thing Saturday from 9-1 that I might go to. We'll see how i'm feeling. That night, DH & I are going out to celebrate our anniversary.

Sunday I have an early morning meeting, then church, then that evening I'm in charge of a special meeting for the young boys in our church who turn 12 next year.

Lola really wants to decorate for Christmas and put the tree up. She can't wait so we might get started on that. I'd (surprisingly) like to wait a little bit since I was trying to get some other projects done first. We'll see what happens...she'll probably win lol!
Old 11-20-2015, 05:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well, we were supposed to be going to Adam's mom's house for an early Thanksgiving since we'll be at my parents' next week but Adam's wayward brother showed up unannounced and due to some issues we've had with him in the past (drugs/violence), we aren't willing to have Ryan around him right now. So Adam is going alone while Ryan and I stay here which is the right choice but I'm annoyed by it. We've had these plans for weeks but because he shows up without bothering to call (from several states away mind you - he had plenty of time!), we're the ones who have to change plans. I guess that's what happens when you have a MIL who insists on coddling an almost 26 year old.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:03 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I have to work and I have a birthday party tomorrow. My week has been crazy busy, so I'm actually looking forward to a relaxed boring week next week.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Happy birthday, Michele!

I'm one of those weirdos that DOESN'T like to go out and do fun stuff over the weekend. I thrive on routine and the weekends always throw me off. I do plan on seeing Mockingjay with some friends and kids at some point though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
Well, we were supposed to be going to Adam's mom's house for an early Thanksgiving since we'll be at my parents' next week but Adam's wayward brother showed up unannounced and due to some issues we've had with him in the past (drugs/violence), we aren't willing to have Ryan around him right now. So Adam is going alone while Ryan and I stay here which is the right choice but I'm annoyed by it. We've had these plans for weeks but because he shows up without bothering to call (from several states away mind you - he had plenty of time!), we're the ones who have to change plans. I guess that's what happens when you have a MIL who insists on coddling an almost 26 year old.
Doesn't it seem like every family has one of these?
Old 11-20-2015, 06:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Apart from taking the kids to the library in a few minutes, nothing much planned... My oldest son is going on a Cubs excursion tomorrow but the rest of us aren't doing anything too interesting. I probably should wash my car, but I probably won't!
Old 11-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
Doesn't it seem like every family has one of these?
Seriously. He was like 12 or 13 when Adam and I started dating and I swear they still deal with him the same way they did then but the type of trouble he gets into these days has definitely leveled up. He's not a troubled teenager anymore - quit acting like it.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Off to a fair type thing today. Our town puts on a big 4 day competition where 1000s of kids come and compete. We always go for a look where they also have sideshow etc..
Old 11-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We'll be away for Thanksgiving from Tues am to Sun, so we don't have much planned for the weekend. Lots of laundry so that I'll be ready to get us packed. Tomorrow DH and I both need to spend a few hours on workelated chores, so the kids will get dragged along. They also have some playdates with friends at our house.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:19 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelepixels View Post
Oh Mockingjay Part 2 is out this weekend?
Yep and it was great!
Old 11-21-2015, 02:07 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Can't wait to see Mockingjay part 2 - maybe next week!

Off to a craft fair today, then making Christmas Cake and Christmas Pudding tomorrow with my mom.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just got done with work and now I'm going to go run errands (groceries some Christmas shopping - almost done!). Tonight Cheyanne and I are going to see the local ballet company's production of The Nutcracker (a good friend of hers is in it) and then tomorrow is our family Thanksgiving with my parents and sisters. After that she goes to the local college to shoot some hoops in the gym for a couple hours and I get some quiet time
Old 11-21-2015, 04:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Ahh... the Nutcrackers. It's the only ballet I've ever seen and it was when I was a child but I still remember it.

Well, I went to the Y for a little bit and 2 of the 3 kids are getting ready to take off for a party, so I guess it's just me and John and Johnny tonight. I'm ok with that... won't have to bother cooking a whole dinner, lol!
Old 11-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
I am so sorry, Lynnette! I would be so bothered by that.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:23 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Cherry and Valerie for the birthday wishes, and Mari for telling me about Mockingjay. I think we are going to be able to squeeze it in this weekend. We're about to go out for a late late show, as soon as my husband gets home.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:49 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Happy birthday, Michele!!

We went to a kindergarten open day yesterday (Saturday) and we fell in love with the school. It's even better than the school we wanted for our son!
Today, we planned to stay at home, but, we went out for an hour or 2 to play in the snow with our son. It's the very first time, he can really enjoy playing in snow. So we had a good time. It's still snowing as I type now and we are expecting a blizzard tonight... So, we are just home keepin warm for the rest of the day
Old 11-22-2015, 10:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
Happy birthday, Michele!!

We went to a kindergarten open day yesterday (Saturday) and we fell in love with the school. It's even better than the school we wanted for our son!
Today, we planned to stay at home, but, we went out for an hour or 2 to play in the snow with our son. It's the very first time, he can really enjoy playing in snow. So we had a good time. It's still snowing as I type now and we are expecting a blizzard tonight... So, we are just home keepin warm for the rest of the day
I saw your IG pics... so cute!