Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2015, 11:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Scrapping Goals 2016

It is required by scrap law to have one of these threads every December.

How'd you do with your scrapping this year? Did you have any goals for 2015? Did you meet them? What are you most proud of accomplishing scrap-wise?

What are your scrap goals for 2016? Are you making any major changes to your scrapping? Are you still all digital or do you do some/mostly hybrid or do you do all paper & you just hang around here 'cause we're all so pretty?!

Do you do any pocket scrapping? Are you considering doing it/changing up how you do it for 2016?
Old 12-02-2015, 12:38 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I'm up to date with my yearbook, managed to do that for 5 years now. Still have half a scrapbook to do from our Prague trip and an entire on from my Disney Halloween trip. So I'm gonna finish those in 2016.

I am planning on doing my yearbook for 2016 in pocket style. Which is not really my style, but I love other peoples pages, so I wanna give it a go!
Old 12-02-2015, 01:00 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so behind on my projects, but I'm still going to plug along... I think I'm going to make a challenge with myself to do X number of pages for each project a month, so at leasts I'll be a little closer to my goal.

I do Project life photos every year, but am still on 2012 for scrapping... it's habit to think of photos, daily... I wish I could figure out a way to get them scrapped, faster. Many will tell you - pocket scrap, it's so fast... not for me, it takes me twice as long to do those pages... *sigh*
Old 12-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

My goal for 2015 was to scrap every Sunday. I was a prolific digi-scrapper before 2013 and then dropped it for a couple of years to focus on improving my photography (I seriously considered going into business) but I missed scrapping so much!

I started off great, scrapping pretty much every Sunday for the first half of this year, but dropped it over the summer. I'm picking it back up again now, though!

In 2016 I just intend to improve my weekly scrapping routine; make it as consistent as brushing my teeth!

I'm not interested in hybrid and haven't liked pocket scrapping much. I use templates and appreciate the jump start on a page they provide, but I really most like starting from scratch, arranging my photos freely and embellishing in my own way.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't set goals for scrapping - it's a creative process and setting goals just makes it feel like work to me so I don't do it. Same for my other hobbies - no goals just do what I can when I can.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:05 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Well I scrapped in 2015, so that is a positive, still not as much as I had in the past but still working on that.

I switched to digital in 2015 and that has been tough too so hopefully in 2016 I can start to find my style and my groove and find joy in this hobby again!!
Old 12-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I will never be caught up in my scrapping but I was pretty proud of how much I was getting scrapped...until July. Then with pregnancy & new, overwhelming, church calling...I haven't gotten much done My picture folders are such a huge mess right now. It's all killing me! Oh and I've never finished projects. My girls 1st year books? Not printed. Disneyland vacation? Not even close. Ugh.

Next year? I think it'll have to be to just scrap. Right now I'm lucky if I can get 1 page scrapped, thrilled if I can get more done. So next year, with a new baby and all, I'll just happy if I can remember how to use CS5 all year haha!
Old 12-02-2015, 02:41 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

This is my very first year of digital scrapping. I think my goals for next year are to get a bit more organized. I've been storing each of my kits in theme folders but my pictures are just by dates and I have a million pictures stored on my hard drive, even crappy blurry photos. I need a system. I'd also like to learn how to use Lightroom & Photoshop more to enhance my photos. Also I think I need to set a budget for how much I spend on kits..... ohhhh man if my husband even knew!!!
Old 12-02-2015, 03:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, baby is due in April so any scrapping will be a bonus so I'm not setting myself any goals except just to scrap.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think mine would just be to stay up to date - which I am - so I want to keep it that way. And keep having fun with it (e.g. challenges).
Old 12-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Many will tell you - pocket scrap, it's so fast... not for me, it takes me twice as long to do those pages... *sigh*
same here... a pocket page took me much longer than a "normal" page.... so I won't do this although I wished to have a real yearbook with our daily life. Esp. because we are now only two and I don't know how long I will have him at home.

I don't set any big goals because life always cut this goals. I'm proud how much better I got in the last year and my only goal is to scrap as much as I can and get better and better.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I guess ill wil try to make a project 12 of 2016.
doing one of 2015, and im up to date.
just finished my album of ireland aug.2014.
Beginning at france aug.2015.
doing a halloween trip disneyland paris 2014.
and have a few disneyland paristrips left to scrap.
hope to finish some before we go to wdw in aug 2016.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've been all digital since 2004, so I don't see that changing. In 2015 I was hoping to stay up to date on my weekly pocket pages, finish a vacation album or 2, and do whatever other pages I wanted to. Ummmm...nope. Didn't manage any of it. I'm around week 30 for PL, only did a few pages of those vacation albums, and didn't do nearly as many traditional digital pages as I'd hoped.

Pocket pages take me forever, too. It isn't just the scrapping, it's also that they require me to stay on top of my photo organization. But I don't want to give up weekly pages, so I need to find a way to speed them up. I've heard that the Project Life App will finally be available for Android in January, so I'm going to try using that (and my SSD journal cards) for 2016. I'm not committing to the entire year yet, but if it helps I'll stick with it. I'd love to get back to spending my computer time on more traditional digiscrapping in 2016.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2015, 06:16 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I don't scrap in any date order so my goals is just to scrap. When I see a kit I like; I go and find photos to fit. With 9 Grandkids and photos shared by my daughter/daughter-in-law I will never be caught up which is OK with me.

I would like to do some books for my DIL since she does not scrap and they adopted all of their children so I guess that will be my goal.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How'd you do with your scrapping this year? Completely Caught up through November 2015 of this year. Only 3 months left of 2014 to finish. Did you have any goals for 2015? Not really Did you meet them? What are you most proud of accomplishing scrap-wise? Staying caught up this year.

What are your scrap goals for 2016? Are you making any major changes to your scrapping? Are you still all digital or do you do some/mostly hybrid or do you do all paper & you just hang around here 'cause we're all so pretty?! I want to continue with the way I did it this year. Maybe a few more pocket pages

Do you do any pocket scrapping? Are you considering doing it/changing up how you do it for 2016? I am, but monthly reviews pretty much, just to catch the random photos.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I know what I'd like to accomplish. However, what I'd like to accomplish and what I could feasibly do are two different things. Gone are the days when I'd have 60 pages or more a month scrapped. I'm just happy to scrap at least one page a month. If I get one, usually getting 3 or 4 isn't hard. It's that first one...
Old 12-02-2015, 09:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Every year my goal is to have fun and not stress about it, but have enough pages to share with family ... I met my goal for 2015!
Old 12-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

My goal this year is to take more pictures and scrapbook more! I feel like I hardly did it at all this year.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm like most of you, just want to stay caught up. The only time I fell behind was over the summer because I was OBSESSED with my health and new eating habits and I didn't have the time. So I only have a little catching up to do.

I guess if I have one goal it's to finally order some photo books. I have most of 2014 organized and ready to order, but I just want to wait a little bit longer because I have this feeling that as soon as I have it shipped to me I'm going to find a random page that I forgot to include.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My goal Is to journal more! I think last year's goal was to scrap more than one photo on a page. HA - that didn't happen!
Old 12-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My goal this year was to stay caught up with 2015 and finish my two vacation albums from 2014. I did fine staying caught up... especially considering how crazy this summer was with first trimester sickness and wedding photography jobs, BUT I might have lost my two almost completed vacation albums in a computer breakdown. I haven't given up yet and plan on taking it to a computer doctor but it's a bummer.

I finished our cruise album from March 2015 on Monday! Woot! My parents went along and I was motivated to get it scrapped so they could have the photo book as a Christmas present.

I have several adorable pregnancy pages already scrapped and ready for baby boy's album. My biggest goal in 2016 is to take millions of pictures of him and get his first year scrapped PL style.

I also plan on continuing PL and having a family album that doesn't completely focus on baby. I'm thinking about switching to monthly for that though.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How'd you do with your scrapping this year? Did you have any goals for 2015? Did you meet them? What are you most proud of accomplishing scrap-wise?

I set a goal of finishing a year of weekly pocket style spreads and so far I've finished week 45 and started 46 + 47. Life has been super hectic and busy with moving, sickness and sick kids the last two weeks so I'm a little behind. But I'm so happy with my pages and so excited to see them in a book when the year is over and I can finally have them printed. So I suppose I did make my goal and I'm proud of myself for doing so.

What are your scrap goals for 2016? Are you making any major changes to your scrapping? Are you still all digital or do you do some/mostly hybrid or do you do all paper & you just hang around here 'cause we're all so pretty?!

I want to make a new book for 2016 with weekly spreads. Then I want to catch up on my childrens' books and finish their previous year. And last but not least have them all printed so they're not just hanging around in my hard drive.

Do you do any pocket scrapping? Are you considering doing it/changing up how you do it for 2016?

I do, 2015 was my first year and I loved the rounded corners and lots of embellishment on each page. 2016 though I might want to keep it a little more clean and tidy without so much stuff and rather let my pictures and journaling shine through more. Also if I am to get caught up on all my other books and projects I want to start AND work out to get back into shape, an easier and quicker layout might be good. I guess I need to see my printet book for 2015 before I can decide.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

MORE PICTURES! I barely took ANY this year.. any! My DSLR doesnt' work as well as I'd like it to anymore (dropping it seems to have done that - who knew) and I just felt a little stagnant with it. Capturing everyday moments and just simply getting the camera out more
Old 12-03-2015, 07:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
MORE PICTURES! I barely took ANY this year.. any! My DSLR doesnt' work as well as I'd like it to anymore (dropping it seems to have done that - who knew) and I just felt a little stagnant with it. Capturing everyday moments and just simply getting the camera out more
I need to take more pictures too. I had months where I barely took any. I used to take pictures almost every day, if not daily. I bought a small point and shoot and I'm hoping that because it is compact and convenient that I will take more photos. On the other hand, I haven't tested the quality of it yet (Christmas gift) and I'm such a photo snob... I might end up using my DSLR all the time anyway.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't set scrappy goals.... however I have scrapped more this year than I have in the previous 5 years combined and that has made me what to at least keep up the pace.... I would love to get caught up with my annual albums so I can focus on side projects (like my recipe book, art journal, writing in general, etc.). What I do know is it was the bingo challenges that drove me to step outside the box and use the photos I have to create so many great layouts, so I do hope they continue in 2016, or at least there be a similar challenge system

One thing I do like to do is set goals of how I'd like to improve or change things up... I want to journal more, work on my shadows, switch to a version of PS, and use alphas more. I'd also like to do more pocket pages, but still not ready for the traditional Pocket style, so I need to figure out how I can do it and make it work for me
Old 12-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My goals for 2016: finish up 2014 and 2015 PL. Document at least 4 pages a month in my regular style. Beyond that...well, I'll be content. A lot has changed in the last year(a cross country move, a new job, more hobbies) and there are a lot more coming in late 2016/early 2017 so I'm not stressing anything. Oh and I want to get CURRENT with my printing, meaning I print every quarter and only have the last three months worth of layouts to print.